What's for dinner next week

so what's for dinner next week :woot:

Monday:

pork chops

Tuesday:

Epox Special Fettuccine Pasta dish with his secret Sauce :woot:

and don't know about the rest yet hehe :woot:

hehe Epox, Well For once I actually know what the dinner will be a few days in advance with our 4th of July celebrations happening :(

My BBQ Chicken..Now With this pic.. Please disregard the sauce bottles to the left!! :D Well Ok I don't have a really good recipe for bbq sauce cause I cant find one thats not too sweet, too spicy too smokey or too tomatoey.. So I mix several types to get the flavors I like :)

bbq.jpg

Ari, that's a wicked BBq, do you guys have that in your backyard? Is it custom made?

And I never know what I"m having for dinner on the day itself! :D

True, huh...Power's rib recipe turns rainy days inta delicious days.

:whistle:

gogo

You know we had planned meals when I was a child so I was determined to make it a surprise when I was an adult :D so not knowing what we are going to have until that morning is great.

Mum always made Hamburgers on Mondays, Sausages on Tuesdays, Fish on Wednesdays, Casserole on Thursdays and we always got Fish and Chips and Coke on Fridays. Sundays was always pasta and a roast.

Ari'Laftia if you want to get away from the sweet, spicy, tomatoey etc bbq sauce's start to investigate dry rub's I think you might be surprisedbarbecue.png

Edited by Borg
You know we had planned meals when I was a child so I was determined to make it a surprise when I was an adult :thumbsup: so not knowing what we are going to have until that morning is great.

Mum always made Hamburgers on Mondays, Sausages on Tuesdays, Fish on Wednesdays, Casserole on Thursdays and we always got Fish and Chips and Coke on Fridays. Sundays was always pasta and a roast.

zomg...funki, are you serious?

LIke...every day...the same thing...all the time?

Your mom was that into having a set routine?

I think the closest we ever came to that was usually curry spaghetti on Sundays...but to have a set meal plan every day of the week...

eek

:)

gogo

@ Funkilicious: you are my heroine, I know exactly what you mean. My mom is like that too, never bored with her routine. Some people never change.

I'm not saying my mom is bad, she's great in fact. But I refuse to plan my meals, I rather do take out when I can't cook than have a schedule of what to eat. That's just not right. :thumbsup:

I'm actually jealous of roasts on Sunday.

lol, we never had roasts or anything that was oven done.

*sigh*

This what happens when you come from a south Asian background.

:thumbsup:

gogo

Ari'Laftia if you want to get away from the sweet, spicy, tomatoey etc bbq sauce's start to investigate dry rub's I think you might be surprisedbarbecue.png

Oh I do have two different seasonings I love to use, though Im not sure if there is a difference between a seasoning or a rub.. I tend to Coat :thumbsup: hehehe.. I love both lemon pepper as well as Montreal seasoning depending on what I'm cooking.. My son discovered he loves his steaks coated with the LP on one side and the spicier MS on the other.

This is my single serving size LOL I just love this stuff!

http://www.scandinavianspice.com/images/products/57194.jpg

You know we had planned meals when I was a child so I was determined to make it a surprise when I was an adult :P so not knowing what we are going to have until that morning is great.

zomg...funki, are you serious?

LIke...every day...the same thing...all the time?

Your mom was that into having a set routine?

I think the closest we ever came to that was usually curry spaghetti on Sundays...but to have a set meal plan every day of the week...

eek

:)

gogo

Yep I am serious, I guess because there were 7 of us (5 kids plus Mum and Dad) and we had sports, dance, gymnastics, calastentics, music etc and whatever after school, it was just easier for her to plan like that. Don't get me wrong she is a fabulous cook and now that there is just Mum and Dad at home she comes up with the most exotic meals. Everyone rings her for receipes and can't wait now for what she will serve up when we visit.

Actually we are flying back home next weekend and we are already salvatating at what she will present.

BUT it did leave me wanting something different each weeknight, and we make a big thing of cooking something gourmet together, if we don't eat out on weekends.

I have used montreal seasoning before also its o.k. but if you want something REALLY good I am going now to the vault and dig out a secret recipe for dry rub. I will post it under Borg BBQ thread.