Hahahaha! Today was St Iliya's day and since in Bulgaria we celebrate those days in a similar way as Birthdays (and sometimes we get gifts), my friends got me A SCYTHE! MUahahahaha! I'm so happy :DDDD

I think I need a new wish for my BDay present :o

It's only the blade for now, and I'll buy a handle when I transport it to the US (I want to see the look on their faces when they are checking my luggage). But I'll post in a few days (just to get the pics from my friend).

Man, customs is so evol these days. They made my mom and friends take off shoes for going through the airplane. :gun2:

Good luck with bringing the scythe across... Looking forward to the pic.

:)

gogo

Yup, everyone has to take off their shoes nowadays. Plastic bomb on the United flight created this dilemma.

Now I hope its not a metal scythe. If so you might want to declare it. I have this Japanese friend who needed to ship his family samurai sword and it got stuck in custom. It took him more than a year to get it back, his travel agency screwed up a custom form or sth. Nasty!

Oh, come on, it's not expensive. It's just something that you can't buy in Massachusetts :cow_white:(

lol!

Good luck transporting it mate, and I hope pics are on the way

~Doom

Guest FrostElfTwin
Man, customs is so evol these days. They made my mom and friends take off shoes for going through the airplane. :tease:

Good luck with bringing the scythe across... Looking forward to the pic.

gogo

The shoe thing is for steel shanks (bottoms) in the shoes... they could in effect be used as knives. Sharp thin knives.

My shoes have steel in them. I didn't have a clue. Good ol' Rockports. ( I have orthopedic inserts which come out real easy-like. So, it kinda is a real concern...but they let me take 'em anyway. A lot of airport security is 'security theatre'...that is just there to calm the travellers. )