Olly olly oxen free!

In the interest of trying out a different game time to see if server stability would be better I'd like to see if we could join up for a little test and play. I'm thinking tomorrow at EST 20:00 which would be GMT 00:00. Would that work? Maybe a Bronze server? We could throw together a bunch of level 1's and see how the server is. No plans or expectations really. I'd just like to see how well the server handles. Maybe even go out as a party together and see how well that goes too.

I realize it's very short notice and if it's not doable this weekend we can always try next. At any rate I plan to be there no matter the outcome. :D

I could join in, just not with a level 1 character. Would a level 6 be acceptable? I can give others a head start like I unintentionally did on the last Kamikaze session.

I have a level one with NOTHING on her that I could use to test server stability. And if she doesnt survive the outing not a big deal or I have a level 5 trading drawf that could join. Either way 8pm EST sat I think I can do *note to self, hit DH overhead with frypan so he wont be online*

Actually... I think in this case there's no real need for a level cap. Bring your expendables if you got any. Any old bronze level character will do. And to add to that feel free to use any lag inducing character types. I wouldn't mind trying to push the limits in this particular gathering. :D

With pleasure Carolyn. :4rofl:

By the way... How can I set up my game to output a log of my gaming experience? That would certainly be of some value I imagine.

Sorry Schot - by the time I got back you guys were down for renovations. For logging, I usually use a separate desktop shortcut and activate it with the command line, because the files can get rather large and may impact performance (I've never had a problem though) so I never want to activate it by mistake. You can do it by adding log and netlog to your command line (settable in the 'target' field of your shortcut properties) like this:

F:\AscaronGames\SacredUnderworld\sacred.exe log netlog

If you don't want to make an extra shortcut, you can also just run config.exe and check the logging box - I don't remember the exact details but I quit using that because it seems like it changed some setting that I didn't want changed, that was a long time ago though so may not be an issue anymore.

Log files are created in your main sacred install directory, and are named debug.log and sacred_network.log. Note that they're overwritten every time, so if you're saving them you need to copy them out of the directory before running again.

Ah yah. That was your first event eh Funki, hehe. Well hang tight cause I think it's time for another! Last weeks little test went much much better than I could have imagined. Little to no lag could be detected and fun was had by all. There were approx. 5 - 7 players at any given time and for much of that we were all partied and playing on screen together using level 1 chars.

@Carolyn: Ah thanx for that. I'll flip on the logging for the upcoming test. :D

With the success of that session much debate about changing the time of the Kamikaze event has gone on and although I want the best for this event I'd really rather not jump too quick. We may have simply been lucky as we have been many times in the Kamikaze at its present time. Some were terrible and some were awesome. That said I would like us once again to gather for this coming Saturday. Like we did last "Olly olly oxen free". Granted we would get a better understanding of server stability if we had more people come so I encourage as many people to come along as possible in order to see just how well the servers are holding.

Once again no restrictions. Bring whatever bronze char you have. If there is an already active Bronze server then that's where we'll play. :D

This might be a good time for my wife to get more familiar with the clan I will see if she is up to it I know she wants to start a new toon and besides our other copy should be here with in the next day or so

Tonight is the night fellow Ancarians. Tonight/Today we rock the boat and send the servers for a thrashing. :P

Bronze public server. One or the other. At EST time 8pm which is also GMT time 00:00. Approximately in 1 hour and 40 mins from now. Any character level will do. So come as you are and BYOB.

I'm off to post this in the SIF to gather some more peeps to help rock. :) See you all there!

Here I am again. :)

Same deal as my previous post just above unless you folks want to play a different difficulty of course. I'm wondering if Funkilicious would like to start us off. I'm at the point now that there can be no doubt the "You are the host now" message in game has a very significant impact on lag. That said and as I understand it you are the one true hero that can save us all Funki. If you are up to it then by all means throw us a party, hehe. :D

See you guys there!