Stardust

Katran

I came across this movie it just came out and am wondering if anyone has seen it yet?

It looks very good and the actors they have in it well it is loaded with good names.

The web page looks very very good:

http://www.stardustmovie.com/

Here take a look at the trailer:

http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=505&item=0

Hope some one sees it before me and gets the details :bounce:

P.S.: Flying pirates and witches good stuff. :D

Oh Michelle Pfeiffer just owns that role! well she does in any movie shes ever done! (haha She will Always be the original Cat Woman to me.. I even spent an afternoon cutting up my raincoat trying to make the cat suit! waaaaay back when) :4rofl:

Anyway, I cant wait to see this for her mostly! Oh and of course Deniro, thats a given!

Oh that looks like it's going to be a ton of fun to watch Katran. Nice find! :) I want the movie AND the website! Hot hot site indeed. Oh how I wish I had some flash skills. :4rofl:

I am not sure which is more of a story, the movie or my attempt to watch it . . .

We went with friends to see this last weekend (Friday Night when it opened). We arrived ~20-30 minutes early and got seats in the front portion of the theater. The movie is going along fine when, two-thirds of the way through, the fire alarm goes off. :blush: So we file out, along with a few thousand others who are enjoying the offerings of 18-20 screens. We get into the parking lot and run into two other friends who we don't get to see very often as they have a two-year old so they don't get out much. They are there to see Harry Potter V. So we chat with them for a while and watch the firemen wander around the theater. Eventually we find that they are unlikely to reopen that night and if they do, they'll start from the beginning. So we walk home and go back the next day in the early afternoon. We show our tickets and get passes and go sit down, in our same seats. Fortunately, no mishaps this time!

I had not read the source, and I found the movie very good. Entertaining, some action, some magic, a bunch of plots coming together, overall very good. I really like the seven sons, Septimus most of all of course. :) One odd thing occurs at the end, which I didn't understand. I won't ruin it for people but perhaps someone will understand its point and can share. It involves Michelle Pfeiffer and a change of heart.

Wow our first review of this movie. :blush: Sorry to see a good night out go down like that but at list all was well and you got to see the movie the they after. I am so happy that you liked it and hope I like it to. I got a good feeling about it from the trailer and hole to see it soon.

One thing Ike what was the story like? Was it light or does it have some heavy plots and what not. :)

One thing Ike what was the story like? Was it light or does it have some heavy plots and what not. :4rofl:

The world is a fantasy realm "Stormhold" that connects to our world in England. The basic plot is threefold, the main character from our world has pledged to recover a fallen star for his love, who will, in return, marry him. The star falls in Stormhold, so he goes through a gap in the Wall to recover it. He arrives to find that the Star is actually a woman. Meanwhile, three witches (headed by Michelle) need the heart of the fallen star in order to perform magic and rejuvinate themselves. Mean-meanwhile, the King of Stormhold, on his deathbed, threw his royal necklace into the sky (causing the star to fall) and the first of his heirs to recover it will become the new king.

Good review, sounds interesting although I have never heard of that movie before.

I do admit I was more interested in the fire alarm part though.

Maybe I'll have time to see it later this semester... with a friend. :4rofl:

Hey guys

Ike, I thought your review of the movie was great. But I enjoyed your story of your night out at the movies even better.

:)

I'd just like to know about Deniro. I'm a fan of his acting, and yeah, I know he's sort of always the same, but...I still like his style.

Is he up to part in this film?

:D

gogo

See? They should make my life into a movie. It would be far more entertaining than most of the threequels out there. :)

Deniro plays a cross-dressing pirate. So a little different, although of late he has played a few roles that seem to be making fun of his image, so perhaps not everything it could be. On deck he is all business, but behind closed doors . . . :D

• 1 month later...
Guest FrostElfTwin

...behind doors, he's all business too...just cross-dressing! And haute couture!

I found the movie to be FANTASTIC. I saw it, and wanted to go again. I didn't actually manage that, but hey, most movies you've forgotten before you've left the parking lot.

I think this might be just as good as "The Princess Bride". (which, if you haven't seen, YOU MUST!)