changin from norton to another AV program

Genenut

I'm looking at changing from norton to another AV program. Is there anything I need to be aware of when uninstalling norton? Will it completely uninstall? I havent changed AV in years so this is all new. Last time was under win95 ...

I'm looking at AVG or someone other than norton or macafee...

suggestions?

I use AVG Professional, had no trouble with it except 1 false positive...

No virus problems either.

(I use it in conjunction with Spyware Doctor)

:P

~Doom

I have not used and Anti-virus software in 7-8 years and I couldn't be happier. I got really tired of the huge drain on resources and I do not tend to open stuff with viruses in it anyway (most e-mail is scanned by the e-mail server -- ISP or company). I have not had a virus in that time. I had problems uninstalling Norton when I did it many years ago because it didnot clean out the registry entries properly, but one would hope they would have fixed that by now.

I use Spybot Search and Destroy and Spyware Doctor on a reasonably frequent basis and get my O/S updates frequently and don't really have issues.

Same here, I use the same strategy as Ike does and it seems to work well. I got a virus once that stumped me, but I installed a generic anti virus program and it eliminated it, must have been a weak one. And don't get the MSN virus, I know some people with it and it is the worst. :P

Good luck Moms removing Norton I had a nightmare when I tried to uninstall the resource hungry thing that it is. Eventually got rid of it and I now use Avast, Spybot search and Destroy and Ad Aware pretty frequently :4rofl:

Let us know how it goes Moms :D