Your Portable Music Player

gogoblender

Hey guys

I haven't had one in years, and now my uncle is thinking of sending me his IPOD classic 80 gig which can handle movies. My desktop only has 40 gig space on it so I'm actually quite thrilled with having all this new space...and portable.

I just wanted to know what portable music players you guys are using, and if any of you do have ipods, how easy is it to upload all my own songs and videos that I have on my comp.

Thanks!

:4rofl:

gogo

You just get I-tune from the apple site, and when you get the Ipod you can choose to sync it automatically, vola all the music in your pc's library will be added to your Ipod.

I think classic cannot play a certain types of files, I am not sure which though. So it might be more tricky if you use winamp or other methods.

Anyway, I have Ipod photo. I don't remember how large it is, I have yet to fill it that I know. :4rofl:

I have a MPIO. It's not really a big brand here, but it was sooo cheap at a local media shop! 4GB and the ability to play songs, movies (with special AND quick converter software), and show pictures for a little more then one hundred euros, you can't beat that easily. Also, it has a very nice internal battery, lasts quite long: 20 hours of music and about 6 for movies.

mg100_230.jpg

Click to view the website.

Edited by Timotheus

It can?

tell me more

I was pretty concerned with this ipod only being able to use itunes software. Is it honestly easy to have it work with with winamp, and a lot of other files other than itunes software?

And that mpio looks snazzy...I'm not sure If I've seen one for sale here though in montreal.

:tongue:

gogo

p.s. ahh, Timo, the link to your mpio in your link doesn't work :(

It can?

p.s. ahh, Timo, the link to your mpio in your link doesn't work :(

Possibly because its linked to http://www.http.com//www.mpio.com/ :P

Heres the correct link

:tongue:

~Doom

P.S. Well the newest version of winamp can anyway, read the website for more details

Edited by TimOfDoom
P.S. Well the newest version of winamp can anyway, read the website for more details

Oh yes it can, the problem I mentioned is that winamp support more file types than Ipod classic can handle. So you must make sure that the file you have can be played by your Ipod.

(that is because some file types didn't exist when the classic is released)

Have fun gogo, 80 gigs is alot of music. :tongue:

I had Creative Jukebox , whit 6gb HD, but sold it ages ago because I just don't have any use portable music player. If I travell somewhere I got really banging system on my car and on the work I usually just listen to radio, at home I just can listen using winamp all the things I want..

If I ever would need a portable music player, it would be anything else than apple product.. as all theyr products seems to be dump proof. Like Machintosh, Ipod, Iphone, I-have-no-life systems. If I wanna listen to music, I'll buy something from sony. If I wanna see some movies also, I'll buy small laptop or pocket computer as I really hate these "new age" phones/ipods etc whit 1" screen.. like you would see anything from it.

Edited by Obsession

I hate most of the apple products as well, and would prefer another more compatible music player, but the iPod nano was the ideal size, everything else is well.. big..

:)

~Doom

The MPIO is almost nano size, slighty less wide and high, though it's a bit beafier, but not much :) link fixed btw.

Only downside on the MPIO is that the menu is a tad slow: starting up is a pain, takes about 20 secs or more.

I just steal the kids Mp3 players they aren't Ipods or anything but nice and small and can be worn round your neck or slipped into your pocket :) I hope Victor doesn't read this!

Thats Yannick's MP3 hehe

and I can't lay my hands on Vctor's or find it on the net it was imported from Japan by his grandparents for him....I think he has hidden it from me LOL

Suffice it to say they are fine for just listening to music no video playback but fast to load and easy to dl music onto with a usb cable.

Never tried an Ipod I have looked at them and the accessories but they do look a tad expensive for my taste.

haha well Im still stuck in the cd player age.. I have a cd/dvd burner so have just stuck to burning what I want depending on the player it will be played in. standard cd player or the mp3 cd player.

Now I do want a real mp3 player, It sure would come in handy when mowing the lawn.. I tend to have to stick the cd player down my shirt! :D Well mowing tends to go far better when Within Temptation and Evenesence is blasting in my ears!