Tech Problem, Accessing Sacred Homepage

Hi, this is my first post here. I recognize names from the Sacred forums. Here's my dilema. I've been locked out of multi-player since asceron required the upgrade, proabably about a year ago. I miss my HC characters, & the people I used to meet there. For some reason I can't access Sacred homepage with my internet browser, Microsoft. I have CA security suite & I've tried fooling around with the firewall access list to allow Sacred Homepage, but haven't had much luck. By the way there are other websites I can't get into, like google for gosh sakes. I'm certainly not a techie, but I suspect my solution has a lot of numbers in it, & I'v just not that good with numbers :tongue: I'd appreciate any suggestions you folks might have. Hope to see you all soon.

Hey tbryntesen !

First off, welcome to DarkMatters!

Could you please post an image of the message you're getting when you say you've been "locked out" of the SIF and the MP game?

cheers!

:tongue:

gogo

You may have a high restriction setting for your browser, or your network is set to screen out certain site categories.

Try using other browser and see if it helps, like Firefox.

Hey tbryntesen !

First off, welcome to DarkMatters!

Could you please post an image of the message you're getting when you say you've been "locked out" of the SIF and the MP game?

cheers!

:)

gogo

Yikes, imaging is not something I know how to do. But what it says is, & here I quote, "New Update Required. To play Sacred multiplayer, please download the latest update from www.sacred-game.com."

Maybe 'locked out' was too harsh a phrase. I'm going to try some of the things the other folks suggested. Thanks for the reply. Let me know if anything occurs to you.

Hi my suggestion would be to check out THIS FAQ and if it doesn't help there is also the e-mail address to contact Ascaron in it anyway ;)

Good luck!

Couldn't get onto that site either. I've emailed Ascaron before but just got the firewall restriction speech. I'm going to try the alternate browser suggestion. Thanks for your reply.

You may have a high restriction setting for your browser, or your network is set to screen out certain site categories.

Try using other browser and see if it helps, like Firefox.

How can I tell if my network is set to screen out sites?

I'm going to try the different browser suggestion. I seem to remember a temporal relationship between getting the new Microsoft browser & the difficulty starting. Either that or I'm making it up. Anyway thank you for your reply. :)

Yikes, imaging is not something I know how to do. But what it says is, & here I quote, "New Update Required. To play Sacred multiplayer, please download the latest update from www.sacred-game.com."

Maybe 'locked out' was too harsh a phrase. I'm going to try some of the things the other folks suggested. Thanks for the reply. Let me know if anything occurs to you.

that is the key part. Go here:

http://eng.sacred-game.com/downloads.php

and download the English (all regional versions)

then install it to your Pc and you should be able to play no problem.

You can also try checking the download section on the official forum, instead of the homepage.

Just to clarify, there's differences between the S1 homepage and SIF (Sacred Intl. forum). I'm sorry to say I've spent tons of time futilely trying to fix the wrong problems when people use the terms as if they meant the same thing, so anything we can do to to cut down on this will both be greatly appreciated by me (and the service guys), as well as help people's problems get solved faster :)

Thanks Carolyn :woot: and tbryntesen please let us know if your problems are now fixed and ofc a big Welcome to FDM ;)

Thanks for the welcome erialc. :thumbsup: Carolyn provided several links where I could download the patch I needed, & 1 of them worked, so yea I am back in multi-player business. Say hi if you see my wood elf, morning glory.