Taking IELTS tomorrow

Hey guys am going to be having IELTS about 15 hours from now (9 am here) as part of my initial preparation for migration to Australia. Am going to take the written part (listening, reading and writing) while the last part (speaking) is still for scheduling. Wish me luck guys!! Am reviewing and playing :P right now!!

Jun, I'm going to be crossing me eyes, fingers and toes for you... Good luck! Ahh, down under...more sunny weather for you if you can make it down there.

Cheers!

:P

gogo

p.s. wow...I didn't know you needed an exam to get into a country :)

Jun, I'm going to be crossing me eyes, fingers and toes for you... Good luck! Ahh, down under...more sunny weather for you if you can make it down there.

Cheers!

:P

gogo

p.s. wow...I didn't know you needed an exam to get into a country :)

Australia and New Zealand are quite strict when it comes to English proficiency of their migrants especially if you are going to study there. Personally I think it's a bit biased for people like me who can read, write and communicate well in English. The term "not native English speakers" is the culprit

The results would be out on October 5 and I simply can't think of a reason why I should fail it!! :) The test materials that the review center made me answer was even harder than the actual test and the speaking part was mainly about food and nutrition which is quite good because am a Food Technologists after all.

A funny thing did happen yesterday. I thought my speaking test would still be either this coming Monday or Tuesday but it turned out to be yesterday afternoon. I thought what reason I should give my co-supervisor that I wouldn't be able to go to work. I decided that I will say that I have LBM or loose bowel movement. I didn't lie totally because LBM can also mean Looking for Better Management.

Well you probably know the company IBM ... I used to live VERY close to one of their major plant sites, thousands of workers worked there for IBM . Well every day come 5pm most would drive home and traffic was horrendous by my house due to it. We used to say the company name stood for Instant Bowel Movement and that decribed the local roads at 5pm pretty well too ...

Wishing you all the best on you IELTS, where do you plan to study once you are in Australia:)

actually am already working and have no plans for advance study there

Oh my misread ( I am sure I read study, I am more exhausted than I thought :) )

So where do you plan to settle?

Wishing you all the best on you IELTS, where do you plan to study once you are in Australia:)

actually am already working and have no plans for advance study there

Oh my misread ( I am sure I read study, I am more exhausted than I thought :) )

So where do you plan to settle?

Initially in Sydney because that's were my uncle lives but it would change depending on were I will be able to land a job.

This sounds great! It sounds like you did super well on your test, and lol # the LBM stuff. :)

Say hi to my friend that moved to Australia for me. ^^

I wonder why the aussies have a test like that but we don't. That sucks, the USA should make our immigrants speak English too, even if it is very poor. Almost none of them speak it well. Good thing I know how to speak spanish, or I might not be able to live here in a few years. >_<

Also, good luck finding a job in Sydney. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Yay got the results yesterday and they were good although they were not what I was expecting. I got 7.5 in listening and 7.0's in reading, writing and speaking. I thought listening was going to be my lowest and I was expecting a higher band score in speaking because I was able to answer all the questions with sense. Anyway am going to get some additional points because am scores were above the minimum requirement of 6.0.