Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

I added the next few steps in the Unpack quest. As I go, where there are differences between Light and Shadow path, I am describing them.

I am now able to take screen shots of my log book, but it looks different than the screen shots that are already on photobucket. How do I get mine to look like the ones on photobucket?

Hi Ysne

Are you talking about the thumbnails? To have buckeet produce a thumbnail for you just click on the square near every pick then scroll down to the bottom of the page. At the bottom right, you will see a link called "Generate HTML and IMG Code" Click on that and it will spawn a new page of different codes.

Choose the one called: IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended

This will produce the thumbnail.

lol, I hope this was what you needed

:)

gogo

p.s. Player 1, if you have items that haven't been put into the wiki yet, can you show us a pic of it here on the forum?

I added the next few steps in the Unpack quest. As I go, where there are differences between Light and Shadow path, I am describing them.

I am now able to take screen shots of my log book, but it looks different than the screen shots that are already on photobucket. How do I get mine to look like the ones on photobucket?

Hi Ysne

Are you talking about the thumbnails? To have buckeet produce a thumbnail for you just click on the square near every pick then scroll down to the bottom of the page. At the bottom right, you will see a link called "Generate HTML and IMG Code" Click on that and it will spawn a new page of different codes.

Choose the one called: IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended

gogo

p.s. Player 1, if you have items that haven't been put into the wiki yet, can you show us a pic of it here on the forum?

An example of what I am trying to figure out. The logbook thumbnail for the Levied Tax quest can be found here:

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r64/promatolya/log.jpg

It shows 3 panels in a dark back ground with white type.

The screen shot of the log book I get in game is a book with off white colored pages and writing in black. It shows two pages/panels.

Hi Ysne

gogo

An example of what I am trying to figure out. The logbook thumbnail for the Levied Tax quest can be found here:

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r64/promatolya/log.jpg

It shows 3 panels in a dark back ground with white type.

The screen shot of the log book I get in game is a book with off white colored pages and writing in black. It shows two pages/panels.

That sounds like you're looking at screenshots of the log in v2.34 (black with white type) versus a later version such as v2.40 - they changed the look of the log, so short of rolling back to an earlier version, you're out of luck :blush:

That sounds like you're looking at screenshots of the log in v2.34 (black with white type) versus a later version such as v2.40 - they changed the look of the log, so short of rolling back to an earlier version, you're out of luck :lol:

I have it updated to 2.43. Should we be changing the log entry thumbnails then? Or should we just leave it?

Edited by Ysne58
That sounds like you're looking at screenshots of the log in v2.34 (black with white type) versus a later version such as v2.40 - they changed the look of the log, so short of rolling back to an earlier version, you're out of luck :lol:

I have it updated to 2.43. Should we be changing the log entry thumbnails then? Or should we just leave it?

As long as the content hasn't changed I see no reason to worry about changing the log entry thumbnails at this point. Possibly we might want to do so at a later date to bring everything into line, but I don't see it as being an urgent task.

Edit: Damn you and your speed typing Schot! :viking:

Edited by ZGold

I have completed the detailed walk through portion of the Unpacked quest. I was able to successfully upload the log book entry to photobucket and add a thumbnail to the wiki. Thanks again Gogo for the detailed description on how to do that, it was very helpful.

Ahh, nice. I actually saw that site a few weeks ago. It's got a lot of info, but accessing it is a bit tedious, and I gave up on the reads lol. Is there info from there that the Wiki is missing? I quickly jumped into the character info, it's got some nice stuff, but so far our database is much larger. If you think there's stuff there that the wiki doesn't have yet, perhaps you could contact him and ask him to become a contributor?

:lol:

gogo

The only issue you might have is working out who contributed what (I'm not sure - IE kept crashing when I tried to look at anything in detail :( ), otherwise, if there's info we're missing, I'd say go for it.

On an unrelated note: I've added information on 9 quests tonight - I'd appreciate any comments along the lines of 'carry on' (or alternatively 'what the hell have you done to our wiki:)!' - they do say any fame is good fame...right? ;)) Anyway, I'd rather know if there's something I really should (or shouldn't) be doing before I've made any sort of significant inroads on adding the 100+ quests you're missing from the Human regions :P

Back to work tomorrow (until Friday), although that rarely deters me when I have more interesting things I can be doing :lol:

Edit: just glanced at the recent changes list of the wiki and died laughing

Edited by ZGold

I wanted to post for a while, but I keep getting dragged in so many directions. Zgold, the work you're doing is good, detailed. You're giving some life to the game with the write-ups, and that's half the challenge of a good guide...getting the players to want to play it :(

As a note, I saw under where you put in rewards, the word gold is typed. We actually have pages for Gold and Experience in the Sacred 2 Name Space. You can change those words into links, or in an hours when the sun goes down and the glare off this screen stops burning holes into my eyes, I can do it ^^

Thank you for all the time, Wiki Quest Team is in high speed these days, and this part of the wiki is going to be the biggest, with links to areas and people in the game.

gogo

p.s. Careful with Recent Changes...it's insidiously addictive :P

I, for one, wanted to express my sincere appreciation for ALL of you folk's hard work on this.

As fast as this seems to be coming along, my question is.

Do you ever get to play.

Again, Thanks for the effort from everyone, this is a huge collective effort

Jet

Do you ever get to play?

Hah, while I don't contribute nearly as much as some folks here, I generally do my contributions while I'm at work :lol:

On the latest updates note, I just did a quick few changes in regards to the newly patched trading for the local co-op guide page. Probably will tweak it tonight when I have the game in front of me :(

Just want to put out a huge THANK YOU and GREAT JOB to all of you who dilligently update the Wiki. That is by far and away the most comprehensive game guide and resource I think I have ever seen. I feel bad only being a user, and not having skills to contribute, but I just want to let you all know how appreciated your hard work is! :lol:

@ JET I was wondering the same thing. Although if I had half the skills these people have, I am one who likes to keep lists of everything I do and try to finish all the quests, so maybe it is not as tedious as it looks. Play, pause, write notes - this is where a pause button would have been handy in the game, so that when you take a time out you dont get whacked! :(

Just want to put out a huge THANK YOU and GREAT JOB to all of you who dilligently update the Wiki. That is by far and away the most comprehensive game guide and resource I think I have ever seen. I feel bad only being a user, and not having skills to contribute, but I just want to let you all know how appreciated your hard work is! :lol:

@ JET I was wondering the same thing. Although if I had half the skills these people have, I am one who likes to keep lists of everything I do and try to finish all the quests, so maybe it is not as tedious as it looks. Play, pause, write notes - this is where a pause button would have been handy in the game, so that when you take a time out you dont get whacked! :(

I've got TONS of screenies of Quest progressions, they are available upon request.

I have them named as to their quest giver , and the chain in their progression in that particular quest.

Might need to tidy up my folder a bit to organize.. :P Should have done that while servers were down....

Jet

Edited by Jetcutter

I've got TONS of screenies of Quest progressions, they are available upon request.

I have them named as to their quest giver , and the chain in their progression in that particular quest.

Might need to tidy up my folder a bit to organize.. :P Should have done that while servers were down....

Jet

I play and take notes. So I do get some play time in.

Edited by Ysne58
Just want to put out a huge THANK YOU and GREAT JOB to all of you who dilligently update the Wiki. That is by far and away the most comprehensive game guide and resource I think I have ever seen. I feel bad only being a user, and not having skills to contribute, but I just want to let you all know how appreciated your hard work is! :blink:

@ JET I was wondering the same thing. Although if I had half the skills these people have, I am one who likes to keep lists of everything I do and try to finish all the quests, so maybe it is not as tedious as it looks. Play, pause, write notes - this is where a pause button would have been handy in the game, so that when you take a time out you dont get whacked! :)

The nice thing about the PC v2.43 is that there is a pause button :tongue: It's a lot more useful than the hireling commands...

@jetcutter I play while I'm working on quests - the only difficult part can be remembering to take screenshots etc.!

@gogo I'll backtrack and add the gold links at lunch, if you haven't beaten me to it ^^

Edit: ...or I'll backtrack now and add the links... Also linked the 'Light Health Potion' reward to the Potions page

Edited by ZGold

I cleaned up In accordance with nature under the Dryad class quest. The quest exists in both Light and Shadow paths. There was a separate quest page for the Shadow path. The quest page appears to be complete for the Light path Dryad. I will create a Shadow path Dryad later and put in the comparisons. I think it is a waste of both time and space to have two separate quest pages for that quest when it is so similar for each path.

I also knit and crochet between play time and real life stuff.

Edited by Ysne58
I cleaned up In accordance with nature under the Dryad class quest. The quest exists in both Light and Shadow paths. There was a separate quest page for the Shadow path. The quest page appears to be complete for the Light path Dryad. I will create a Shadow path Dryad later and put in the comparisons. I think it is a waste of both time and space to have two separate quest pages for that quest when it is so similar for each path.

I wholeheartedly agree - and the same for the other 'blue' chain quests.

I wholeheartedly agree - and the same for the other 'blue' chain quests.

The ones I'm actually setting up, I am setting up that way. Whoever did that Dryad quest did a really good job too.

I started filling in the Verification quest information. I managed to mess up the template and am not sure how to fix that.

I also added more info to the Unpack quest.

Later:

I managed to fix the template in the Verification quest by copy/pasting the text for that part of the template over what I had typed. I can re-add the thumbnail later and will do it right next time.

Edited by Ysne58

List of things I will be attempting to do tomorrow...depending on whether work actually makes me do work... :)

1. Adding quest information for:
    • Eye Into the Sky quest chain (3 parts)
    • Impure Hands
    • In the Hands of Kobolds quest chain (part 1 of 2)
    • Protecting Noriath's Corner quest chain (2 parts)
    • Purification of the Temple
    • The Griffin
    • Whoops

[*]Modifying the chain quest page layout to include areas for path-specific quests - Done

[*]Adding Easter Egg information for the Temple Ruins - waiting for a consensus on where this info actually belongs & checking other start points

Ah well, at least if work cba to keep me busy I'm not going to be bored! ;)

Edit: I've added a suggested new layout for the class-specific quest page to my wiki userpage.

Edited by ZGold
  • The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates