Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

I just saw the work. You chose EXACTLY what I would have chosen for fine art...*high fives* :butcher:

I did some edits to two of the pix that you said were not lining up, and created some custom thumbnails...the first image in the thumbnail sequence now matches all dimensions of the other pix.

Was a great surprise to see this next row of images being done, thanks Wolfie.

:)

gogo

I just saw the work. You chose EXACTLY what I would have chosen for fine art...*high fives* :butcher:

I did some edits to two of the pix that you said were not lining up, and created some custom thumbnails...the first image in the thumbnail sequence now matches all dimensions of the other pix.

Was a great surprise to see this next row of images being done, thanks Wolfie.

gogo

TY... It took me a few minutes to find the pics in question. Gotta love Google and it's picture search. :)

I kinda had an idea for what all I wanted - and when I saw that particular treasure chest - I knew I had to grab it. So I did. The Trival Pursuit dohickey, that one came right off a pic of the box.. Mona Lisa - well.. That one had a boatload of options. Just picked one, cropped it a bit to make it fit.

I was kinda thinking of cropping it a bit more so just the eyes showed but I figured that'd be a bit too artsy fartsy and I left it as is.

Doing the coding for the pics wasn't too hard.. just had to follow the way it was done beforehand. There were plenty of examples on how it worked so it wasn't like I had to code from scratch.

Thanks for fudging the two that were hanging down a bit. Looks better now.

I can see what you mean by the page getting to be a royal pain. It's not so much the length, it's the bloody wiki editor. It insists on forcing the text down so you're writing on the bottom line of the box. Total PITA. The solution I used was to copy/paste the bits into Notepad and edit it there and then copy/paste back when I was done. Then a quick preview and a Save when it was like I wanted it. Too bad we can't use the editor for whatever software the site uses. THIS editor is lightyears better. Ah well.

Time for yet another update...

Last night, I had problems loading my level 71 Seraphim... Again... Guessing she was being a bit tempermental... :P

So I pulled out my Inquisitor mainly because I wanted to see how a few quests work out on the dark side.

I got him past the Orcish Byway quests and off to the Orc territory. Lo and behold I came across the shadow version of the Master of the Hunt quest chain. Wound up doing it and documenting it on the wiki..

Also found the opportunity to snag a better pic of the Ogre Shaman Brartislartfass - which I've uploaded and updated on the Douglas Adams page.

I just saw all the new quest updates... Nice! lol thank god you're graet with these chain quests..I know that because peeps thought they were so tough to put together, they were being left behind...but yer just steamrolling them!

gogo

I just saw all the new quest updates... Nice! lol thank god you're graet with these chain quests..I know that because peeps thought they were so tough to put together, they were being left behind...but yer just steamrolling them!

gogo

Welp.. In the last couple of nights, I've finished off two of THE most revolting and disgusting quests in the game. That being the Slimy Gobs and Goo quest and the utterly vile sister quest - Lukewarm Swill with Lumps. Bleah... :) :) :sick: And we thought there weren't any feces related quests in the game... The latter one is - but it's not electrified. Sorry Llama dude...

I also cleaned up a few quests on the single quest page that were really chain quests and moved them to the appropriate page.

And finally, I wrote up a few regular quests as well - Doctor Muchthink, New Footwear and The Hunting Dagger.

And while I was out and about, I found yet another cemetary in the Orc region. This one is east of Blade Fields so I named it as such. The graveyard's been added and documented.

Oh.. and Gogo - You'll be pleased to note there's another Trek egg there that's been noted and logged.

I've also documented the shadow version of the Master of the Hunt - which takes place in a different part of Nor-Plat.

I don't think chain quests are all THAT tough to deal with. The hardest part of it is to keep track of the quest and lay it out in the chain quest main page. The only other tough bit is remembering where one part ends and the next begins. It's easiest to take screen shots of your log book and use it as a reference.

Started working on "The Unholy Crusade" quest the other day. Found what also looks like an Easter Egg. Found what looks like Stonehenge. Anyway I got to the part of the quest where I have to find the Baron (I think he's behind it all) and I can't find him. I will export my toon to SP Campaign and try and do it on the CM-Mod.

ha, Wolfie, I just read your post on the other topic... DEELIGHTED to hear about the Trek Egg! lol saving it for when I finish off posting here, then will run over to the Wiki. Gratz on the new Graveyard as well...Ancaria's soon gonna have no secrets left.

Furian I remember you in game mentioning the stone henge site, another egg maybe?

gogo

Welp.. In the last couple of nights, I've finished off two of THE most revolting and disgusting quests in the game. That being the Slimy Gobs and Goo quest and the utterly vile sister quest - Lukewarm Swill with Lumps. Bleah... :):sick: :sick: And we thought there weren't any feces related quests in the game... The latter one is - but it's not electrified. Sorry Llama dude...

I just read the quests ROFL.... they are almost rude!

gogo

Sure looks like it to me, what do you think?

Eh.. I dunno.. To me Stonehenge kinda means two large stones standing up with another one balanced across the top of 'em.. Stonehenge is also not on top of a hill... It's on flat ground. It's definitely a stone circle... Take a look for yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonehenge

Where exactly on the map are these stones? Are these the ones the guy in the elf camp sends you to because some weird guys in robes are summoning demons..?

Welp.. In the last couple of nights, I've finished off two of THE most revolting and disgusting quests in the game. That being the Slimy Gobs and Goo quest and the utterly vile sister quest - Lukewarm Swill with Lumps. Bleah... :):sick: :sick: And we thought there weren't any feces related quests in the game... The latter one is - but it's not electrified. Sorry Llama dude...

I just read the quests ROFL.... they are almost rude!

gogo

Yah.. Well.. I did try my best to describe what needed to be described without being too er...graphic. Needless to say, there's no easy way to sugar coat what's going on in that quest - Except by probably making something akin to lukewarm lumpy swill. And I really don't think anyone with any sort of grip on their sanity would wanna go there...

By the way.. You did note the original quest giver's name... Lappsess - as in Lap Cess... Oh gawds.. I think I just made myself :sick: just thinking bout that...

Funny... first thing that comes to my mind is stone henge as well...but that's because I have a stylized image in my head of just a ring of stones... which this comes close to. I can see where the reference could be...but maybe we do need more... or we could put this in Assorted Eggs as a "stonehengesque" thing.

Furian, do you know if there are any quests associated to this area? Would be really cool if we could get a connection offa that to really seal the deal.

gogo

This is what I had in mind when I saw it en.wikipedia.org Stone Plan

And its all part of this

UnholyCrusade.jpg

I haven't been able to complete the chain quest yet, thinking it may be broken. And there is no quest marker to start it. You just happen to be on the road towards Artamarks Gate when you run into a battle and get pulled into the action

This is what I had in mind when I saw it en.wikipedia.org Stone Plan

And its all part of this

UnholyCrusade.jpg

I haven't been able to complete the chain quest yet, thinking it may be broken. And there is no quest marker to start it. You just happen to be on the road towards Artamarks Gate when you run into a battle and get pulled into the action

Um.. Exactly what version of Sacred 2 do you have installed? That log book looks off - way off from what mine looks like. Hit the ~ key and it should be the top line in the console that opens. It should be equal to the latest version. Sacred 2 Fallen Angel should be 2.43 and I believe I & B is 2.65 or so. There was an issue like this - unsolvable quest - on another thread where someone had a really old version (2.02 or 2.20 or some such) installed.

If I recall correctly, that quest starts off with the battle, then you're supposed to talk to one of the soldiers who fell and he directs you to go down the road toward Griffinborough/Skook's Corner and there's a small camp of human soldiers with a few tasks for you.

B in the pic below is about where the battle takes place and you talk with the soldier. X is where the next part of the quest takes place:

post-14586-1287087964_thumb.jpg

I'll let you discover the rest of the quest on your own - given that's half the fun.. :)

I'm fully updated Ice and Blood 2.65.2 running Lazytomcats graphics mod. After I slay the demon at the castle I need to find the a baron. There isn't a quest mark and it's been so long since I explored the area. More likely a year and a half ago before coming to PC. I'll find him! Got me a new mission.

Gogo knows I like Missions.

I'm fully updated Ice and Blood 2.65.2 running Lazytomcats graphics mod. After I slay the demon at the castle I need to find the a baron. There isn't a quest mark and it's been so long since I explored the area. More likely a year and a half ago before coming to PC. I'll find him! Got me a new mission.

Gogo knows I like Missions.

Ah.. I see.. Ok.. So then it's not a glitch with the old version...

The way the Unholy Crusade goes is like this:

1.) You're on the way to Artamark's Gate. You walk into the battle.

2.) You kick the unholy guy's behinds

3.) You talk to a fallen soldier who tells you to report this to his commander

4.) You go south on the road and talk to the commander,

5.) You kill 20 Unholy baddies per the commander's request.

6.) You, the commander and a squad of his men go to a stone circle,

6.5) You kill off the 11 or so baddies in the area plus any others.

7.) You find a dropped letter that's encrypted in some sort of mage writing.

8.) The commander sends you to Trallheim Manor south of Castle Kufferath.

9.) You talk to the demonologist who can't decipher it and sends you to Kufferath to see another expert

10. You go there, talk to the guy, he just about gets it out "Baron DeM..." before he gets killed by a demon that was a boobytrap for anyone reading the note

11.) You talk to the leader of the guard who tells you to talk to the Baron of the castle - he's in a building just east of where the mage got killed.

12.) you talk to the Baron who tells you "Baron Dem..." probably means DeMordrey... (getting that feeling of deja vu yet?)

13.) Then says the unholy wankers are tunneling under Kufferath and needs you to stop them.

13.) You go to the tunnel entrance, go in and stop them.

14.) You exit and go north to meet up with a bunch of solidiers who join you on a raid on Baron DeMoreDreck's digs in Skook's Corner

15.) Your party makes it to Skook's Corner and you find DeMordrey in his throne room.

16.) You talk to and then whack him and his guards.

17.) You talk to DeMordrey JR. who gives you the key to the dungeon.

18.) You go to the dungeon, whack the baddies.

19.) You go into the sub dungeon, whack everyone including some demons, ghosts and such.

20.) You talk to the commander of the unit and....

21.) Quest complete.

Whew.. Taking a deep breath here. That's the light version of the quest.. not sure if the dark side version is the same. I'm skipping the Artamark's Gate area with my Inquisitor to prove a theory. But that's a subject for another thread... Anywho.. I may have left out a few details along the way - Wrote that much up from memory having done the quest 5 - 6 times already.

Looks like I know what my next task is... Ah well...

Hope this helps...

Holy Moly, all that just from memory? Wolfie you rule. Step 12 is where I was getting stuck at. I'll start the quest over from the beginning again so I can get pics of the dialog not just the logbook entries.

Holy Moly, all that just from memory? Wolfie you rule. Step 12 is where I was getting stuck at. I'll start the quest over from the beginning again so I can get pics of the dialog not just the logbook entries.

Yup.. From memory... Kinda helps to have done the quest 6 - 7 times... Bloody games keep getting whacked so I can't load them so I gotta start over. Thus far, in 8 tries, I've managed to finish the game only ONCE. Sucks.. Doesn't it? Ah well...

Anyhow... Here's an overhead shot of Kufferath Castle. Note the ? mark in the house east of the player chest.

post-14586-1287115594_thumb.jpg

That would be your next person to visit on this quest.

Also - I just probably sacrificed my Inquisitor - I went and did that quest and have most of the stuff needed for doing up the quest. Got the home page for the chain quest done. We'll see if I can save him and get him going again later on..

Btw.. Anyone catch the name of the head officer in the raiding party...? Officer Willybald... :) I'm sure that guy got a LOT of teasing in his day with a name like that..

Edited by wolfie2kX

I just finished this also. took a bunch of pictures. wolfie want me to post them somewhere and you can go thru them to see what ones are needed to flesh out the chain quest on the wiki?

I just probably sacrificed my Inquisitor

Whats the story here? I'm getting very curious.

I just finished this also. took a bunch of pictures. wolfie want me to post them somewhere and you can go thru them to see what ones are needed to flesh out the chain quest on the wiki?

OK.. I've got the quest fleshed out on the wiki... all 7 parts. I've got the log books done. If you want, the pics for the start locations can be useful. Do you have access to the wiki account on Photobucket? If so, the pics can go into the folder I set up for this quest - it's in

Sacredwiki/Sacred2/Quests/Chapter02/Unholy Crusade

If not, PM me a link or post them somewhere and I'll post 'em in the right spot.

Now then... As to the story... I posted it once before on here and got next to no real solution out of it. Basically, it goes like this - if I go into the north east end of Artamark and do the quests there, and I save my game and exit - doesn't matter how (F9 then Esc/Save & Exit or whatever) I can't load the game again sometimes. The game loads fine. I get the usual menus, but if I try to pick up the game in Single Player where I left off, it sits for about 3 minutes and then the entire game exits - no warning, no error message, no clue in Windows Event Viewer either. It just shuts down back to Windows.

Now, MOST of the time, I can start a multiplayer LAN game with the character and I can dump out his chest, get him nekkid and put his stuff in the shared chest and heck, I can even play/replay a quest. I have all the gold, experience points, etc... Just no quest log (obviously because it's a new game) and it's kinda pointless to redo everything. The only bonus - I can retrieve the goodies like set pieces, uniques, legendaries (not that there's that many of them), etc...

Sometimes, I can revive some save games after several tries. Most of the time, however, it's kaput in single player mode.

On the other hand, if I play straight through from Griffinborough through Black Oaks, Orcish Byway with a side trip to Uthrak's Moxie to get the unique mount quest and the mount, and then head into the Orc territory, the game remains stable. My Inquisitor made it all the way to the swamp area.. But.. I figured I best do this quest to make sure I got all the details right and to post it since all of my other characters who have done it are now kinda dead to the world. We'll see if it works or not.. If it don't.. Welp.. Time to scratch yet another character and start over..

NFI what the problem really is - if it's a specific quest, or whatever. Kinda hard to do that without any actual feedback from the game as to why it's blowing chunks on those save games.

I'm debating on any number of solutions - getting the Gold release and installing it instead of the US version, reinstalling the game and patches and such, etc...

Edit: One extra bit of info I left out - I'm running Windows 7 Pro here, with Sacred 2 running in XP compatibility mode.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Dude that really sucks! Does the CM-Mod help on your Sp? I have never really played an Inquisitor yet, but this just may be an epic mission to start one. :viking: Since I'm on the full 2.65.2 Ice and Blood I can at least try to replicate your issues.

I'm currently working 7 days a week so only get to play for a bit after work before I start nodding off. I'll try to replicate as best I can. We might be able to come up with something!

Dude that really sucks! Does the CM-Mod help on your Sp? I have never really played an Inquisitor yet, but this just may be an epic mission to start one. :viking: Since I'm on the full 2.65.2 Ice and Blood I can at least try to replicate your issues.

I'm currently working 7 days a week so only get to play for a bit after work before I start nodding off. I'll try to replicate as best I can. We might be able to come up with something!

Er.. Correct me if I'm wrong - but the CM Mod patch thing is only available for Ice and Blood. Guess I should have mentioned I only have the US version of Sacred 2...

Great on trying to replicate the problem - but you'd think it would have been noted and logged and what not somewhere along the line.

OK.. I've got the quest fleshed out on the wiki... all 7 parts. I've got the log books done. If you want, the pics for the start locations can be useful. Do you have access to the wiki account on Photobucket? If so, the pics can go into the folder I set up for this quest - it's in

Sacredwiki/Sacred2/Quests/Chapter02/Unholy Crusade

If not, PM me a link or post them somewhere and I'll post 'em in the right spot.

Now then... As to the story... I posted it once before on here and got next to no real solution out of it. Basically, it goes like this - if I go into the north east end of Artamark and do the quests there, and I save my game and exit - doesn't matter how (F9 then Esc/Save & Exit or whatever) I can't load the game again sometimes. The game loads fine. I get the usual menus, but if I try to pick up the game in Single Player where I left off, it sits for about 3 minutes and then the entire game exits - no warning, no error message, no clue in Windows Event Viewer either. It just shuts down back to Windows.

Now, MOST of the time, I can start a multiplayer LAN game with the character and I can dump out his chest, get him nekkid and put his stuff in the shared chest and heck, I can even play/replay a quest. I have all the gold, experience points, etc... Just no quest log (obviously because it's a new game) and it's kinda pointless to redo everything. The only bonus - I can retrieve the goodies like set pieces, uniques, legendaries (not that there's that many of them), etc...

Sometimes, I can revive some save games after several tries. Most of the time, however, it's kaput in single player mode.

On the other hand, if I play straight through from Griffinborough through Black Oaks, Orcish Byway with a side trip to Uthrak's Moxie to get the unique mount quest and the mount, and then head into the Orc territory, the game remains stable. My Inquisitor made it all the way to the swamp area.. But.. I figured I best do this quest to make sure I got all the details right and to post it since all of my other characters who have done it are now kinda dead to the world. We'll see if it works or not.. If it don't.. Welp.. Time to scratch yet another character and start over..

NFI what the problem really is - if it's a specific quest, or whatever. Kinda hard to do that without any actual feedback from the game as to why it's blowing chunks on those save games.

I'm debating on any number of solutions - getting the Gold release and installing it instead of the US version, reinstalling the game and patches and such, etc...

Edit: One extra bit of info I left out - I'm running Windows 7 Pro here, with Sacred 2 running in XP compatibility mode.

Just read through this write up you just did on the Wiki, Wolfie... wow

Just reading about the baron's early ancestry like this... gave me chills. An exciting, potent connection to this game's roots... and this is made even more so exciting that this quest is not given by a person... but something you have to accidentally brush up again.

A Quest... as well as an Egg?

Beautiful!

:viking:

gogo

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates