:)

Well I started climbing recently (3 thursdays back) and must say I'm really enjoying it, it certainly builds muscle and uses... obscure.. muscles I mean I didn't even know a muscle lived under where the shoulder and collar bones meet... until it started aching.

The best thing about climbing apart from improving fitness is the way everyone is focused and concentrated, and theres a real atmosphere of focus!

I was wondering does anyone else on this forum climb, and what type of climbing?

Oh yeah, and I've done some bouldering too, which is even more fun.

:)

~Doom

Oh cool Tim!

That is a ton of fun. I've only tried it once and it was indoors but I had such a great time doing it. It was a bit freaky coming down the first time though... I got to the top and then friends below who had been doing it for a while before I arrived were saying to me. "Ok! Now let go!" I was thinking, "What?! Nooooo way!" lol. Some of the regulars to that facility were doing some insane climbing. Very cool sport and what a great choice Tim.

Bouldering?! Ok, I guess I could just go ahead and google it but I think it would be way more cool reading about it from you. :D

Oh and as for the "type?" of climbing I did... Ummm, it was the up down type. Hehe. :blush:

Nice.

I really enjoy extremely strenuous combined kicking and climbing. (off trail). I do it whenever I have the chance, all day hikes are awesome. I run to keep in shape for that, every day during the week and 25 km+ on Saturdays, and sometimes Sundays. I have a 80 to 100 mile bike race I am entering myself in that I am doing with some friends Sunday (3 days from now). Should be a fun one.

It is good to hear other people hear enjoy outdoor activities. I spend more time out there then on ogame, I think we all should. :blush:

Edited by Blade

Cooool!

I "tried" to start this summer, but I didn't have much time, so I ended up going twice or three times. I really enjoyed it, but .. meh.

Outdoor activities... I really enjoy them, but I try to spend as much time as I can on teakwondo, and I either have no time or stamina left.

Good luck, Blade with the race :blush: I'm sure you'll do better than in OGame :D

Oh, I'm doing it inside atm, but I'm in one of the best climbing areas in europe if not THE best! So I will be going outdoors in the foreseeable future. And schot, bouldering is climbing up small distances quickly without using ropes or a harness, only chalk and your body..

icon_climb2.gif

~Doom

Edited by TimOfDoom

LMAO bhj

Aaaah ok Tim. Man... You gotta have fingers of steel for this I imagine. So much work is being put on finger strength. I wonder if it is typical to incur a chronic injury to the fingers... Then again I guess that is what training is for.

So Bouldering is done for minimal heights then? No safety ropes and such. Is there some form of safety net/mat being used when you do this Tim?

Good luck in the race Blade!

I used to do this sport a bit when I was close to an indoor wall near where I used to live. It's a great sport, requires a lot of concentration, and huge physical conditionning. I remember the instructor always saying...climb it in your head first...ENVISION..

*sigh*

It was a really painful sport too...man, I never came home from anything feeling so sore...and beware...

CRAMP!

:blink:

gogo

Yes we have a safety mat, and if you boulder outdoors you take portable bouldering mats.

Climbers tend to sprain arm muscles, or break ankles

:blink:

~Doom

• 3 weeks later...

Oh funness! (yeah I know that's not a word :D)

I love rock climbing. I'm not a power climber or anything, a social climber so to speak, but since I'm slim I can do it fairly well. I like it because its about skill and endurance, not ugly raw power (which I admit I don't have :yawn:).

It feels awesome when you get to the top. A training of both mental and overall muscle tone. Now that you said it, it's Fall already, better get a planner out. :D