kinda off line for a few days

I trying to fix my IE problem a few weeks ago I accidentally uninstalled alot of windows xp stuff. I had started having strange things happen and various non typical errors and I had lost spider solitaire... *lol*

The reinstall from with windows didnt work so I eneded up last night hitting f10 and recovering my system so Its basically in from the box status.

I've lost 2 years of windows updates and such. So while Sacred was the first thing after getting xp back that went back on my system (even before internet connectivity) and its fully patched and I can get on line with it (made sure last night) I may not be on for the next 24-48 hours as windows and norton update themselves and hog my limited bandwidth. I will try to get on for an hour or so tonight and tommorrow but I'm going to try to get my system back to full strenght prior to kami so I dont lag things too much. I also have over 3gb of stuff (almost none of it game files, just plain data like taxes) that I backed up before the recovery that I need to put back on my system (13+ years of genealogy research to name just one)

So if you see me on the next couple of days it means I'm taking a break from recoverying my system and could use a laugh or some slaughtering time *lol*

Ahhh, Gene...come with a few of us as we take Windows out to the back alley to teach it a few lessons :4rofl:

I'm sorry to hear about the problems, been there so many times myself as wel ;)

I could send you to a list of online dirty jokes for some laughs to keep the spirits high?

:cow_white:

gogo

I think they should always time windows releases for this part of the year -- best Halloween scare around!

Hope it goes well, Gene. Next time IE goes haywire, do what I did . . . after MUCH pushing and prodding from Schot, I went and downloaded Firefox.

Been using it a couple days, and it seems pretty slick. Don't know all the features and tools yet, but I'm browsing more smoothly than I was with IE.

Oh no. Now you gone done it mom. You made the windows gods angry, lol. I remember a certain someone, (ummm, me. heh), going through the motions of removing... IE ;) Needless to say my windows got very very angry at me, haha. Windows really doesn't like to be undressed it seems... :cow_white:

I feel your pain mom. I've gone through the painful days long process of recovery more than I care to recollect, lol. Hope it goes as smooth as possible for you! :4rofl:

Well I have firefox installed this time. I dont think IE is going to get much use from now on... *lol*

I have my email back up and restored my email folders and such.

Guess its time for a break and some sacred... *lol*

Then its back to restoring programs.

Ty all for the words of support *hugs*