Assassins Creed

I didnt see a topic about this so I made one :P

Assassins Creed

oh I think it looks sooo awsome it already released for xbox360 it will come out on PC and PS3

come on I cant be the only1 who think this looks awsome :P

Assassin_s_Creed_01_271896g.jpg

Wow, very intelligent game and awseome level design. Horse riding is brilliantly animated, crowd dynamics, intuition ability, social dynamics, interactive environment. Wow wow wow! Sooo Cool! I really loved the dynamics that were brought into the game world when Ubisoft brought us Prince of Persia.

Go Montreal! Straight from my home. Man, I'd love to go work there. :)

Well it looks good, I can hear my poor PC screaming. :blink:

The freedom of movement looks promising, I hope they can pull it off nicely. I want to see either complete freedom maybe with a few rpg elements (as in GTA:SA) or they should find a way to make in integral part of the game. Im thinking something like what Half-life did with the game physics – having brought the gravity gun into the game, the physics was no longer just an eye candy feature, gotta love it.

And Im feeling that this intuition thing seriously undermines the intelligence of the game – highlighting the target, why, why? I cant believe they couldnt come up with anything better than that.

Also the pseudo-historical setting is a kinda put off.

Im done ranting and Im actually looking forward to the game :)

Wehey I tried it on a friend xbox360 today :)

I will do as gogo planed I will 'lend' the xbox360 and the game without asking and let him know it :):P

:blink:

so here is what I think

+ super fun

+ you can walk almoust evrywhere GTA style and hit people so they cry or attack you

+ you can sneak around in like a spy

+ the graphs is great!

+ he moves smooth even in the bigest mob figths (here I am worried for PC)

- you wont sleep at nigth

- they have maybe done the graphs so high and made so many civilians that it may become a lag nigthmare on PC

I had some more points at both sides but I lost my paper where I wrote the notes down :)

I keep watching the trailer. Let's face it, the horse and crowd scenes are nothing short of astonishing. The "intuition" part of the game...well Enci I can see where you think it's too much...but when you're that good at something... really good at "reading" peeps...intuition is probably part of the package. Your senses so highly attuned to other human beings that what would seem like "magic" to other assassin wanna-be's is simply a kind of subconscious data accumulation that a trained mind does automatically.

Enter Sherlock Holmes with an edge.

And he does Karate too

:)

gogo

p.s. could this game almost have too much freedom? Sometimes I find alternate worlds like this almost overwhelming with the amount of choices it lays out for a character to do, no?

There’s no such thing as too much freedom and too many choices. :) It adds to the replayability (is there such a word?) Provided that freedom actually means choices and not just wandering around while admiring the architecture.

On “intuition”: I see it more of a problem of gameplay. I’d have appreciated if it were my job to spot the victim, maybe based on a description I could identify him. It’d be a lot more involving imho.

Thinking outside the game: yes, my assassin senses are highly attuned. Another thing is that my victim probably stands out from the crowd and he’s surrounded by his guards – not too difficult to spot. If it’s not showing in the game, then it’s just poor design.

And again yet another thing is that your assassin shouldn’t be exactly the master of killing. He shouldn’t live to see a next victim. But you can’t make a game out of this. < - that’s me nitpicking because I’m tired

I want to try it. Like now. Being super fun overrides everything. I need to "borrow" an xbox360 too.

• 2 weeks later...

I played this at my sister's place yesterday - it turned out that I went and visited her Xbox... never got round to socializing ! This game has the biggest WOW factor I've encountered ! I loved jumping around roof tops and climbing lookout points and just havin' a good look at the excellent graphics !

I'm so depressed today 'cause I don't have an xbox.... I've always been goin' on about pc graphics that's better than game consoles but I stand corrected with this game - there's a little loading time from time to time, but it's nothing serious, but absolutely NO LAG ! I dunno how it pc prices are in other countries, but here in SA you'd never get a pc able to run this game on the same graphics level for the same price as an xbox - although the games are double the price of pc games... 2 xbox games = 1 of my car's monthly installments !

Well, enough about my sadness - this game is good ! If you even ever thought about buyin' it, don't think anymore and just go out and buy it ! Buy it, put in a few days' leave, stock the fridge, keep the coffee pot brewin' and... :D go assassinate some poor toon !

• 3 weeks later...
- they have maybe done the graphs so high and made so many civilians that it may become a lag nigthmare on PC

Only a problem if you have a minimum specs PC, the graphics on PC can easily surpass those on console if you're system is good enough, so this wont be a problem anymore than it is on PS3/Xbox 360

EDIT: In fact (boast warning) my new computer will be able to run it as the same speed as a PS3 - 3.2Ghz

:devil:

~Doom

P.S. This game is amazing, so much freedom of movement for a change, can't wait for the PC port, just running jumping on roofs is fun....

Edited by TimOfDoom

I'm buying a 360 sometime next week for 3 reasons, Rockband, Assassin's Creed, and Assassin's Creed. It's arguably the coolest looking game of all time, I mean, what other game has an entire environment that you can manipulate? Not only that, but you are an assassin... sneaking around, being stealthy, stuff like that. Me gusta!

-Total

Not quite an entire enviroment, I wish it were, you can't go in a lot of buildings...

but you can attack whoever you want which kind of makes up for that (and be le parkour, and you wear cool assassin robes and... and...)

:devil:

~Doom

Edited by TimOfDoom
Not quite an entire enviroment, I wish it were, you can't go in a lot of buildings...

you mean... I can't go into every building? *sniff sniff* I WAS LIED TO! AHHHH Total-Rampage! :P (Total) + :) (Total's Mafia Uncle) + ;) (Total's Mafia Uncle's 'little friend') = :D (friend of mine who lied to me!) Its all good game still looks good!...but still

On a side note, can we get a taser smiley?

:D

-Total :P *still tired at 8:15 AM)

:4rofl:

havent he taken it yet:) O_o

hahah.. no.. someone else from work (who USED to be there anyways) borrowed it, I have to get it back from him, but I'm in no rush, I got other games I'm playing

Ah very cool game. Can't stand waiting for it however my cpu won't be able to

execute it. :thumbsup:

Other thing...if you like this game I can advise you to try the "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"

It is an awsome game and it is like the Assasins Creed. Well...in my eyes. :)

lol yeah when I ''lent'' the xbox360 from my friend I played that too :) (I know its for pc too)

now he have taken the xbox back so no more assasion or elder scrolls for me

if I dont start on morrowind again :thumbsup:

you mean... I can't go into every building? *sniff sniff* I WAS LIED TO! AHHHH Total-Rampage! :gun2: (Total) + :) (Total's Mafia Uncle) + :) (Total's Mafia Uncle's 'little friend') = :thumbsup: (friend of mine who lied to me!) Its all good game still looks good!...but still

On a side note, can we get a taser smiley?

:evil:

-Total :D *still tired at 8:15 AM)

Don't worry though, you can go in big ones, just not everyones house, and running on roofs and jumping through merchant stalls is more fun....

:P

~Doom

Ah very cool game. Can't stand waiting for it however my cpu won't be able to

execute it. :(

Other thing...if you like this game I can advise you to try the "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"

It is an awsome game and it is like the Assasins Creed. Well...in my eyes. :)

Ive played Oblivion like crazy... 50 hours of gameplay in 3 days =)

I wouldn't refer this game to anyone who liked Assassins creed, they're totally different.. game play wise.. but they're both very good games

Oblivion and Elder scrolls seems to also remind me of a game called Dark Messiah of Might and Magic... anyone here ever play that? I bought it, played it for 3 days and lost it somewhere... lol

-Total

I played that, I find it way to linear to compare to Oblivion.. only similarities is Bow/swords/magic and somewhat settings.. but game play wise I find them really different, both very good games tho :D

Just my 2 cents :)