Show us your Christmas Tree!!...pwease :p

Oki I am planning the tree erecting for tonight but for those of you who are really organised do you have yours up and decorated yet?...I know it's early I am sucumbing to the power of pestering! When the fighting no doubt is over tonight I'll snap a pic and pop it up here....soooo can you show us yours pretty please?

We bought our tree last night and I put on the lights. With luck the decorations will go on tonight and I'll post a pic.

RE: Undone - We have an advent calendar (PeA) full of chocolate. Mmmmm. :)

Awww Undone :4rofl:

Just for you with plenty of pressies

Christmas_Tree_Delivery.jpg

and a high tech santi checking his emails! :)

adventcalendar.jpg

Oooh can't wait to see it Ari! I spent all morning cleaning for the tree getting stuck up, why do we do that! LOL

Hahaha Evil has had ours up since October! I will take a pic and have him help me put it up tonight. I was going to get my kids an advent calander each but much to my dismay they no longer have the bible verses you have to read on them so I was sad and didnt get them.

strange customs you have…

we dont have the tree up until Christmas eve

Enci, how long does it stay up? We have ours up normally 1st December (but was away so hopefully this weekend) and only keep it up until the 12th day of Christmas passes so 5th Jan.

hehe I usually take ours down as soon as possible.. one year I actually took it down the day after Christmas... it had gotten so dry I was scared to have it in the house :yay:

Thats why that black tree might just be a possibility at some future point.. Just a little bit different than norm is my favorite way to live :yay: and way less likely to catch fire :) Now If I can find one!!

ahhh you all read my mind....get out! :yay:...no I didn't think that! haha anyways I spoke to my Mom today and she was like 'what?....tonight?....12 days before and 12 days after'....no more no less....don't put it up' so ofc I'm like ''Oh Mom I hear this every year but WHY WHY WHY?' and bless her she tells me 'it's bad luck and thats just how it is' :yay: I have found a few explanations as to why after ...but eh I am superticious.....I say good morning etc to magpies and other random acts of I call em insanity/compulsion so does anyone have any idea where this odd thing comes from....whats it like where you are? Is there a rule of erecting it and taking it down. I've called a few mates who have scoffed and said 'My Mom says that too but we still have the tree up'.

Oh and no it's not up yet the daft school fair and a tzillion tons of sugar put paid to any hopes of that without them all doing bodily harm to each other with a baubel! :)

strange customs you have…

we dont have the tree up until Christmas eve

Enci, how long does it stay up? We have ours up normally 1st December (but was away so hopefully this weekend) and only keep it up until the 12th day of Christmas passes so 5th Jan.

Traditionally until the 6th of Jan (Epiphany) but usually we take it down when the tree gets too dry

Is there a rule of erecting it and taking it down.

Not sure about erecting, its just been the thing in my family to have it up 1st December, but taking it down well like enci it should be down after the 12 days of Christmas (Epiphany) which ends 5th Jan.

myxmastree.png

There was a black cat under the tree but she got disgruntled when we straightened the skirt for the pic and left. She had it scrunched up the way she liked it prior to this... *g*

Edited by Genenut

And I envy you Ike , I cant do a real tree... the cat eats the needles (not a good thing) and Our house is too dry with the heat (it starts turning brown pretty quick). :-( I miss the smell of fresh pine.

I my family the tree usually goes up after thanksgiving and comes down after russian orthodox christmas (they go by the old calander) which is usually about a week or two after dec 25 (but it varies from year to year) so somtime in the week of the 12th or so. Although the year my youngest was still very much a baby it was up until superbowl weekend.... I didnt have the time (too busy with baby) to start the cleaning up and my boys (42,13, and 3 now) didnt have any ambition to do so...

My grandparents that influenced me the most are on my dad's side and are/were slavic and they belonged to the russo carpathian church. Not exactly russian orthodox but close. Exactly what country I cant tell you as the borders have changed so much since 1910 when the last came over I'm not sure any more. *g* They spoke polish but they arent polish.

Edited by Genenut