Ikariam Game

Military update:

Being slightly obsessive-complusive, I check the game every hour or so. I logged in a few minutes ago to find that my military advisor had a red background, meaning I was under attack. I identified the source of the attack (island southeast of me). I checked his General stats and if he sent his full army, he had me 2-to-1. Since my capital has the bulk of my resources, I couldn't afford to be looted. So...

Step 1: I demolished my trading port to the ground. Since loot is a function of port size, the most he could get is 60 units.

Step 2: I sent my enemy a message: "I see you coming. Even if you get past my fleet and my soldiers, I have demolished my trading port. The most loot you can get is 60 units. Do you want to risk your army for 60 units of goods? Go to your military screen and withdraw your army and I will not retaliate this time."

Step 3: Laugh when 2 minutes later he recalls his army.

Step 4: Rebuild my port.

Since demolishing is instant, next time I'll wait until closer to actually do it (meaning I'll bluff but then follow thru).

Net Loss: 86 wood to rebuild my level 3 port.

P.S. - I also spent some gold on a cargo ship. Can always use one more and reduces how much an enemy can loot (I'm guessing that gold loot is roughly 0.2% of total).

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice find masteff :4rofl: I'm not as paranoid about being looted as I was before :D Hopefully I'll have embassy soon. Saw how much a colony costs so that's out for a bit. Do need Sulphur and Wine. Got Marble to trade for it.

The tavern really helped out getting more citizens. Was 1.4 an hour and now 2.7. Only prob is I'm running out of wine

I do need marble, I have 100 wine I don't need atm. Let me know.

Edit: Wait you have a wine island, shouldn't you be able to maintain the upkeep?

Oh I punch the cood in wrongly then sorry, silly me.

I can send some wine your way now if you still need. Also anyone need a trade for wine plz let me know. :4rofl:

Edit: Oh now I wonder what sort of island make up would be more self-efficient.

Did some raids and what I suspected from the change log turned out to be true. Before the new version if you sent multiple attack waves in an interval smaller than 20 minutes they would have all resulted in looting resources.

Now if you do the same thing only the first wave pillages resources the following ones just loot gold and return without spending 20 mins in the town.

Guess I'll have to start using blockades now. *sigh*

Got some wine coming from masteff..thx Myles though I can use sulphur and crystal if anyone needs marble in exchange.

Finally got my trading post so I can see some offers. So my question is, what is a good gold price for the various resources?

Oh I didn't see the money requirment at all for colonization, I planned my palace and woods but didn't notice the gold! :4rofl:

Omg 12.000 is kinda steep lol, how long did it takes you guys to pile up this much gold?

I usually sell at around 20 and buy at about the same price.. however when I just started the average price was 5 .... and I have allready seen ppl offer goods for 99 a piece... no way in hell I'm gonna pay that ... ever...

however if ppl are willing to pay 50 a piece ( and it's not an archenemy ) I will gladly send him or her a shipment ( and hope to be first to hit the docks )

anyway I have about 1000 wine in storage on several islands if anyone is interested.. Sulphur is a bit low because I just made another mayor marble for sulphur deal ( 1000 each )

offcourse I still need more marble ... I should've invested in a marble island .. but .. having wine is also a good trading position ... if anyone is interested leave me a note and send me the goods .. when I see the goods ( and I have tradeships to spare) I will send the corresponding amount of wine to you.

my crystal supply is also a tad low but will correct itself pretty quickly, quicker than the sulphur anyway - I need to get that mine upgraded...

edit: offer some excess resources in your trading post for a reasonable price .. money should be coming in quickly .. ppl are allways looking for a bargain

and if anyone is interested...

level 3 palace :

* Building material: 19.627

* Marble: 6.877

* Crystal Glass: 4.585

* Building time: 9h

edit2: Ps. Don't y'all just love how the little details pop up in your town when it grows:) like the lil amphitheatre on the left that grows in steps :D and the well that gets more elaborate and the housing that becomes more frequent :4rofl:

Edited by DreDBanGeR

Fastest way to gold surplus is selling goods. (Second fastest, which a couple of us did, was turning off all work/research overnight.)

Man, just looked at town counts on your island chain. They messed up you and Knuckles by not filling in all the islands in your chain.

I'd start putting wine for sale in your trading post. Probably at price of 20-25. Might have to go cheaper if you don't get any sales after a full day (don't get impatient, have to allow for different time zones). Can't remember if it's level 2 or 3 trade post that you can extend the distance to "2" and be able to see prices several islands away.

(And see DreD's post at the bottom of the previous page, since I pushed us to a new one.)

(edited my post but you guys posted, so I cut/paste it as a new post)

Now that I punch the numbers in the calculator, its not insane as I thought. Cut research and pile things. um but it will make the main vulnerable for a while. That's the idea isn't it?

Rush it or build up defense. Um make it late evening then, I should barely make it assuming no one attack me.

Not all players start off equal after I mull it over. If they fix the wonder even more so. Wine starters get more citizens, meaning way faster expansion. And the gap only widen from there on. Population wins.

That's unfair/unbalance.

And thx for the tips.

Can't remember if it's level 2 or 3 trade post that you can extend the distance to "2" and be able to see prices several islands away.

a level 3 tradepost lets you look at offers 2 blocks away a level 5 3 blocks away etc.. however if you offer goods the reach somehow expands to a 1 on 1 base ( at least that's what it looks like to me ) I can sell stuff to players 5 blocks away with a level 5 tradepost but I can buy from 3 blocks away, none of my trading posts have expanded to level 7 yet so I can't comment on that yet.. ( to busy tryin to get my towns to grow more )

Looting gold:

I found a formula on the board (and it matches what I've seen) for how much gold you get from pillage. If you use the highscore board to look up the enemy's gold, you can determine how much gold you should get from a raid.

Gold Looted % = (TownLevel*(TownLevel-1))/100

Example: Given Town Hall level 5 and 10K gold

(5*(5-1))/100 = 0.2% * 10K = 20 gold

I have messed around with the trade screen as suggested. A thought occur to me, wouldn't the trading post your best place to hide your resources?

offer a trade that's so high that no one would buy, and vice versa. You basically have another warehouse on steroid. Did I miss something?

and if anyone is interested...

level 3 palace :

* Building material: 19.627

* Marble: 6.877

* Crystal Glass: 4.585

* Building time: 9h

And you'll need a level 9 Warehouse to store all of the res...

Edit: Dred, I've made you the diplomat, sorry, forgot...

And you'll need a level 9 Warehouse to store all of the res...

Edit: Dred, I've made you the diplomat, sorry, forgot...

aight no worries.. I'll get to work, that is ... if noone objects to a peace treaty with WNx :thumbsup:

Anyone have marble to trade? I can offer wine and/or crystals and maybe upto 200 sulphur.

Edit: Yay, my first detailed battle log. ^^

battlelogui4.th.jpg

Edited by Indy13

okay here's an idea I'd like to launch, untill most of us have 3 colonies ( and selfsufficient in a way) we should divide who takes what type of colony next. I allready figured out I made a mistake going for sulphur and wine instead of Marble with my 2 colonies so anyone still working on getting his first or second colony would be wise to go for Marble ( unless off course you are allready on a marble colony). maybe we should do a head count on what resources are most lacking atm ..

mine are Crystal sulphur and wine

I have the following:

Wine (and enough stocks of it to last me for a week or more if I were to shutdown production o.O)

Marble (not enough of it though, it gets used so fast :thumbsup:)

Crystal (enough of it for now)

I don't have a sulphur island yet, but I'm not to sure either if I should get one next. So far I've been able to get lots of sulphur at low prices whenever I needed. I might just go for another marble colony.

Edited by Indy13
Your fleet has returned to Uruk from plundering

* Gold: 48

* Building material: 879

* Wine: 280

* Gold: 48

* Building material: 879

* Wine: 280

* Gold: 49

* Building material: 880

* Wine: 278

* Gold: 50

* Building material: 876

* Wine: 283

* Gold: 50

* Building material: 764

* Wine: 245

(it should say FROM Uruk, but whatever...)

That was a nice raid. ^^ Also sent him this message.

Gilgames Message 06.03. 13:42

Your indirect donations to the island's wineyard and sawmill are highly apreciated. Thank you and have a nice day. :)

Think he'll be donating from now on? :D

----------

As for someone else who received the same treatment, he doesn't seem to cooperate:

diaku Message Babalon [19:35] 06.03. 14:40

Am 06.03.2008 14:39 schrieb DarkIndy13:

im warning you stop the attacks on babalon

He's warning me! What ever should I do? :thumbsup:

Edited by Indy13
He's warning me! What ever should I do? :)

check out his Points total and see if you can find out if he has colo's ... after that ... well I think you don't need my advice to figure out what to do :D

pay close attention tho if he should enter an alliance ( and if it is a 1 man alliance or a big one )

edit: I just send a spy to his locqtion to check out his town .. might be some valuable info lying around, I'm also going to try to get into his communication, haven't risked that before but this guy seems a good training object ( and his town is sufficiently large :) ) :thumbsup:

Edited by DreDBanGeR