Ikariam Game

I'm saving up for a lvl3 Palace, so am short on Marble. Wood/Crystal are "ok" (~2 days production will be enough) but Marble is ~5 days production for the next level Palace...

Otherwise, I'm good for everything but Sulphur (which will probably be my next colony), good thing too since I'm so far away from you guys. I've been able to buy some sulpur, but I'd really prefer to be able to have my own supply. After that I'd probably go for Marble or maybe Crystal.

On a separate note, does anyone know how effective Spies are in defence? I've got a decent sized town & would like to know how many spies I would "need" working counter-intel to keep it "safe" from enemy spies.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I get the pillage thing. I sent three slingers out to an inactive on the same island, he has no troops but I lost. Y?

Edit: I search on the Ike board (that's what I will call it lol) and I can only bash myself in. It already said that you need 5+ slinger. The battle report isn't detailed enough though me think. :thumbsup:

Main Wine

1st colo Marble

2nd colo Crystal

Am planning another crystal island for my 3rd colony. Maybe even on the same island as my 2nd colony.

He's warning me! What ever should I do? :)

check out his Points total and see if you can find out if he has colo's ... after that ... well I think you don't need my advice to figure out what to do :D

pay close attention tho if he should enter an alliance ( and if it is a 1 man alliance or a big one )

edit: I just send a spy to his locqtion to check out his town .. might be some valuable info lying around, I'm also going to try to get into his communication, haven't risked that before but this guy seems a good training object ( and his town is sufficiently large :) ) :thumbsup:

I was joking on that part, but go ahead and knock yourself out testing spies. :)

I don't think I get the pillage thing. I sent three slingers out to an inactive on the same island, he has no troops but I lost. Y?

Eh? Could you post a screenshot of the combat report?

Edit: I search on the Ike board (that's what I will call it lol) and I can only bash myself in. It already said that you need 5+ slinger. The battle report isn't detailed enough though me think. :thumbsup:

Yeah, you pretty much always loose Slingers, I think they're taken out by friendly fire... Apparently the Town Centre has a hidden combat value & is able to kill off 1 Slinger.

If anyone could see what the % chance for spies to be caught on my main town, that would be great.

Yeah, you pretty much always loose Slingers, I think they're taken out by friendly fire... Apparently the Town Centre has a hidden combat value & is able to kill off 1 Slinger.

If anyone could see what the % chance for spies to be caught on my main town, that would be great.

88% - level 5 hideout

o.O

I have a really tough time with calculation fleet time.

Start	  Target	  Ship	  Mission	  Time of arrival	  Mission end	  
XXXX 	 XXXX		 1 		Transport	12:37 Uhr 07.03. 	9:30 Uhr 08.03.

I send it out just a while back, 15:27 06.03.

It really takes that long? How can you possible sea raid someone then? Surely any non inactive will log in before such arrival time. :thumbsup:

And the incoming is not even helpful, it doesn't even list a day!

It really takes that long? How can you possible sea raid someone then? Surely any non inactive will log in before such arrival time. :thumbsup:

How far away are you trying to raid? That must be several screens away. I've gone to neighboring island chains and only takes 1-2 hours.

Oh and the 07.03 and 08.03 are the dates... lovely European dd.mm notation.

That's a 21-hour voyage each way you've got there.

I have a really tough time with calculation fleet time.

Start	  Target	  Ship	  Mission	  Time of arrival	  Mission end	  
XXXX 	 XXXX		 1 		Transport	12:37 Uhr 07.03. 	9:30 Uhr 08.03.

I send it out just a while back, 15:27 06.03.

And the incoming is not even helpful, it doesn't even list a day!

06.03, 07.03 and 08.03 are days.

You really did send it quite far (40-50 islands away) am I right?

As for attacking far away active players that's where occupation would come in you know. (though not yet fully implemented) Occupy weak town near desired target -> resend troops from there afterwards. :D

No I'm not raiding this far, this is just a trade. But it seems outrageous nonetheless. So it took you two days in total to send me the package too masteff? Unbelievable...

No I'm not raiding this far, this is just a trade. But it seems outrageous nonetheless. So it took you two days in total to send me the package too masteff? Unbelievable...

Yep. Travel speed and research speed are part of what sets the pace of this game and keeps earlier players from simply overwhelming the whole world.

Oh, going back the slingers getting wiped out... a single sword or phalanx can invade a town w/ zero Generals points (defense on those units is enough higher).

well you're a ways out.. means you gotta plan ahead and maybe try to get colo's closer to us, maybe even move your captial closer someday.

slingers are our fighters .. they don't cost any sulphur just wood .. so they're the most expendable... unfortunately 1500 odd slingers who die won't give u a new island :thumbsup:

I figure I'll do like Indy soon and switch from slingers to archers. Probably do it right before an invasion so I'll have cannon fodder for the invasion force.

Anyone seen if the last patch did anything to fix occupation? I found an inactive w/ 74,000 gold just calling my name (but his town level is 2 so I can only loot 16 per raid).

I see, so its a mixed blessing. Getting a wine island but not close to anybody. :D

Any more hidden vices the game guides do not mention? :thumbsup: And thx for putting up with my noob Qs. :)

And thx for putting up with my Qs.

Dude, you've just got peeps who figured it out the hard way already is all. :)

Oh, Gintukas is much closer to you than some of the others of us. (See coords in post #1). You might start talking to him about trades you need.

LMAO Indy I think you made somebody squemish.. gilgames wants to join -S-... his message came from Uruk....

so whaddayall say.. shall we let him in :):)

naahhhh

edit: I know I'm evil but I decided to play with him a little

We are a democratic alliance where every member has his or her say, we need a 60% approval rating before someone can join our alliance.

I will pass your request to join on to the high council and I will fill you in on their decision, Once this decision has been made.

However, The Decision is final and No appeal Can be made to re evaluate our position, If you are to be accepted within the alliance you are required to come through with a certain number of actions which will be revealed if and when the before said decision has been made.

yours truly ,

Sacred Diplomat, DreDBanGeR

( this is an automated message replying will not help your position )

this is the message I send him :D

Edited by DreDBanGeR
...The Decision is final and No appeal Can be made ... ( this is an automated message replying will not help your position )

I like your style Dred.

:)

I got another request.. this time from a guy called _andro0_ ( he has 196 points so far ), I think I'll send him the same message.. it's up to you guys to decide whether or not we will let ppl in who are not at all known to us.

btw our alliance jumped 11 points since yesterday .. we are now 61st

Edited by DreDBanGeR

Yeah, we really need to figure that out soon. I'm okay w/ letting peeps in that have been vetted out by DreD (might make a minimum point level they have to acheive, like 500, just to make sure they're committed to the game for more than just a couple days).

Also need to figure if we want to make a name change so we can have our own forum section here, which is something Indy mentioned either here or ingame. Would be nice to have more than just this one monster thread. :)

Yeah, we really need to figure that out soon. I'm okay w/ letting peeps in that have been vetted out by DreD (might make a minimum point level they have to acheive, like 500, just to make sure they're committed to the game for more than just a couple days).

Also need to figure if we want to make a name change so we can have our own forum section here, which is something Indy mentioned either here or ingame. Would be nice to have more than just this one monster thread. :)

aye.. I'll harrass GoGo about it when I see him online ^^

I do have 1 prospective member btw, my neighbour is also in Gamma and would be a good addition IMHO, I told him to sign up ( if he didn't allready ) but we'll cross that bridge when we get there, I can live with Dark or Dark matters no problem ( as long as it won't conflict with DA but I sincerely doubt that )

btw we'll have to think about an external page soon too .. I guess I can take the DM logo if and when we switch namesmaybe I should hold off on making peace treaties till we got it sorted.. dunno if we can just change our name or if we have to reinstate the whole shabang

Edited by DreDBanGeR
I figure I'll do like Indy soon and switch from slingers to archers. Probably do it right before an invasion so I'll have cannon fodder for the invasion force.

Anyone seen if the last patch did anything to fix occupation? I found an inactive w/ 74,000 gold just calling my name (but his town level is 2 so I can only loot 16 per raid).

Didn't see anything in the change log about occupation, so I guess that's a no.

LMAO Indy I think you made somebody squemish.. gilgames wants to join -S-... his message came from Uruk....

Told you guys I'm making new friends. :)

Also lol @ the message you've sent him. Nicely played. :D

About new players, as I said before, I'm not against it as long as we get to know them first someway. (either through a board or other means of communications, irc perhaps?)

Just a thought on it's own sub-forum.

Maybe this should be secured? We're revealing a lot of info about ourselves and anyone that stumbles across this board could use it against us.

Stuff like coord's, resources, defense etc.

And might finally have embassy by the end of today :)

@ masteff, glad I raided those two inactives last night. Both towns were removed some time today :D

I made a map using all of our coordinates. Should make it easier for us to figure out shorter trading pairs. Llama, feel free to add a direct link to post #1... Formerly a link to ingame map