Ikariam Game

Yeah that's what I call it: palace 2. Um I suppose I'm being vague.

Q:What would an extra palace do?

Good question... probably the same as upgrading your palace.. on the other hand.... maybe nothing?

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A second palace enables the possibility to move your capital .. however I think( but don't know ) it is demanded that your second Palace is also upgraded to the amount needed to sustain all your colonies, so an expensive joke

Only upgrade your original palace. Extra palaces are wasted wood.

Number of colonies is solely based on the palace in your capital.

A 2nd palace (ie in a colony) only allows you to change your capital to that colony. I posted earlier that changing your capital destroys the original palace, so don't do it lightly. Only uses hat I see... if you're getting beaten badly by an enemy and want to escape to a remote location where you have a colony.

PS - Stubbie, if you read this, could you dismiss your soldiers? And start your port upgrading to the next level? Then we could raid you and take your res.

Some interesting info I found out about Town Walls:

This is somewhat misleading. A wall that's the same level as your town hall gives your troops 10% DEFENSIVE bonus per level. Each "possible breach" is a spot that can be rammed by a battering ram each turn, and if done, the enemy gains 10% OFFENSIVE bonus, for each breach opened (maximum number of breaches is that of your wall).

However, this does not render your wall useless because the wall still gives all your troops defending the town a 3 point offensive bonus per level. So your troops still come out on top.

The only time your wall could remotely be considered a liability is if it is not up to your townhall level, and the enemy creates maximum breaches. At higher levels, this WILL hurt, because while the enemy gets 10% attack per breach, you're getting less than the full defensive bonus, AND the 3 point per level extra attack can't compensate for the percentage attack bonus your enemy gets.

Oh noes!

3 units from Hormel are on their way to block the port of Niflheim

Guess somebody didn't like my attacks. *sigh*

A shame that he's going to blockade my only town without a fleet. Oh well, it doesn't matter that much, I was going to send a fleet there anyway. We'll see if he can handle the incoming fleet of 4 ballista ships and 4 flamethrower ships. That and my ensuring wrath. :D

Oh noes!
3 units from Hormel are on their way to block the port of Niflheim

Guess somebody didn't like my attacks. *sigh*

A shame that he's going to blockade my only town without a fleet. Oh well, it doesn't matter that much, I was going to send a fleet there anyway. We'll see if he can handle the incoming fleet of 4 ballista ships and 4 flamethrower ships. That and my ensuring wrath. :D

Let me know if you need any military support. I can help rotate blockades on his harbor or whatever.

Probably wont be necessary

He's most likely to crumble under my threats so he'll probably withdraw if he's smart. If not then I have no problem in crushing him. His generals score is 10 times smaller so he's not a threat.

Edit: ehehehe

McWaffle Message Hormel [22:38] 07.03.2008 23:45:01

How do I withdraw?

Edit2: and he withdrew. :D

Well, I'm a nice guy so since he listened to reason there shall be no impending wrath this time. (unless he doesn't listen to my advice on donating to the island's facilities)

Edited by Indy13

lol nice mate make sure he helps around, and if you say "if you don't want me to attack back donate", or something like that couldn't it be considered forcing or pushing?

he's got my vote .. I can't anyway since I'm allready a member of DA( and I'd hate to get conflicts over something like this )

just 1 thing came to mind though, since we wil not get any hidden forums we might want to figure out a way how to conduct business considering wars & alliances, not to mention the public view of our Coords ( something I still object to).

we just have to decide on a name

we allready heard Dark sacred, I would like Sacred Darkness myself ( allthough I'm not sure if that is what GoGo had in mind with Dark pre or suffix :o )

I'll vote for anyone but me :o

I'm terrible at admin stuff

And finally got my 2nd colony started woohoo

Edited by Knuckles

Eh? I appreciate your votes, but why not let Llama be the captain, I mean he is the alliance leader at the moment.

Plus I'm perfectly happy with just my position as alliance General (though sadly it's not fully implemented yet).

And to answer cykes message ingame:

I should be able to start building level 3 palace tomorrow and I have 20 cargo ships atm.

@dred: nice, do tell us how it turns out and what occupation currently allows you to do and what it doesn't. :o

Edited by Indy13

At this point in time it does NOTHING!

that is .. nothing worthwhile, all it can be used for is to attack someone else on an other island if you want to attack his town over land and thereby avoiding his navy, I did not get any resources nor did I get access to the town, just a strain on my income, so even though we need to research it because it's in the tree.. it doesn't do anything ( yet)

it is rumoured that the occupied town is paying part of the armies upkeep but I doubt that is in anyway usefull atm..

my advice, research other things first and do it when you ran out of other options ( or you really want to research the military tree further )

so 2k gold wasted.. but I don't really care bout that :sweating:

The cood, map, and fleet/army are probably the most important things.

Perhaps each of us can just save it as a PM here. (Just write a PM as you normally do, either send to yourself or click "save-send later") Yes its not as great as a secured forum, but it should work.

Leader or General can send an update copy when needed. (you can cc up to 100 people at once so it is not as much a pain as it sounds)

Edit: Indy, llama, dred all get my vote. :lol:

Edit2: I'm terrible at micro, either I ship too much between the colonies or at the wrong time. Its not as ez as it seems. :sweating:

oh I am soooo happy. Just got 2nd town going and I had thought I would have to research everything all over again. Can't tell you how happy I was when I found research applies to all colonies. I thought it was going to take forever to get going. Did I say I was Happy? lol

My morning just got off to a good start :sweating::lol::4rofl:

:sweating:

Yup, unit improvements (that you "build"/research at the Workshop) also apply across all towns.

I've moved the locations & map to our alliance internal page.

At this point in time it does NOTHING!

that is .. nothing worthwhile, all it can be used for is to attack someone else on an other island if you want to attack his town over land and thereby avoiding his navy, I did not get any resources nor did I get access to the town, just a strain on my income, so even though we need to research it because it's in the tree.. it doesn't do anything ( yet)

it is rumoured that the occupied town is paying part of the armies upkeep but I doubt that is in anyway usefull atm..

my advice, research other things first and do it when you ran out of other options ( or you really want to research the military tree further )

so 2k gold wasted.. but I don't really care bout that :sweating:

At least now we know :lol:

:lol:

Great! Researching foreign culture too. It will be done in 14 hrs. :sweating:

Btw, is there any awful consequences if you run out of wine to serve? Would workers stop working? Or worse the population would shrink?

I plan on it to never happen, but curious. (couldn't find any answer with my search on the Ikeboard)

:lol:

Great! Researching foreign culture too. It will be done in 14 hrs. :sweating:

Btw, is there any awful consequences if you run out of wine to serve? Would workers stop working? Or worse the population would shrink?

I plan on it to never happen, but curious. (couldn't find any answer with my search on the Ikeboard)

Uhhm... well, happiness wil drop, and, I've observed, once the growth rate goes under the 1.0 people become unhappy....

I lost inhabitants at one point.. won't happen anymore now tho .. since I have a steady supply now, but still it's not something u'd like to see

oh! Just as worse as I assumed... :sweating: I will definitely try not to do that. Thx

I lost inhabitants at one point.. won't happen anymore now tho .. since I have a steady supply now, but still it's not something u'd like to see

oh! Just as worst as I assumed... :sweating: I will definitely try not to do that. Thx

Yeah, best to avoid :lol:

They are a bit fast on the inactive, which is good and bad. Bad coz my ez farms are removed, good coz now more people to share the donate cost.

And I'm glad that there is an internal alliance page, I will have my embassy tomorrow. :)

Edit: Found a total bargain: 400 crystal/ 10gold. :) Plz let me be the first there. God Bless the seller.