Ikariam Game

ghe I just bought my 16th and 17th tradeship .. but now all of a sudden the price seems to drop again... I paid over 11k for no 17 . and now no 18 costs 10540...

Oh yeah. How odd...

Ok, question here. Now that most of my colonies have all the buildings they need, what should I be upgrading (other than Town Hall & Tavern/Museum)? Barracks, obviously & Warehouse, but, anything else? Probably the Hideout as well.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, question here. Now that most of my colonies have all the buildings they need, what should I be upgrading (other than Town Hall & Tavern/Museum)? Barracks, obviously & Warehouse, but, anything else? Probably the Hideout as well.

I'm taking the strategy of only putting level 1 barracks and shipyard in my colonies and the focusing my upgrades on my capital's barracks and shipyards. Then I can simply deploy the troops and ships from my capital to my colonies.

Are you keeping your wall's level close to your hall's level? The defense boost is based on a ratio of wall to hall, so keeping your wall upgraded is a good thing.

Oh, how about your trading post? The further apart your trading posts are, the more likely to see different offers from different neighbors. And I found that one of my posts had generally higher prices than the other, so I've been transshipping and then selling from that town.

Edited by masteff
anyone need wine aswell?

Allways. You just can't have enough alcohol :)

What can you spare and what do you want in return:)

I can send 1,000 wine your way for 2,000 wood because I need wood badly for another palace, and I will send it tomorrow seeing as my ships are all in transit right now, and why the heck are ALL the ships SO SLOW:)

"Deal, you'll have to wait though, since all my ships are on sea at the moment

Alright I sent 600 so far so yeah, will send the rest later.

@ dred More marbles on the way before I off to lunch (it takes a while to get to you anyway). :)

Now I'm thinking should I go for a crystal or another marble island. I do need crystaly for level three palace, what do you think is more wise?

Same as indy and llama I went for a marble island for my 3rd colony. You need more marble than crytals for a level 3 palace.

Edited by cyclops

thanks everyone who traded marbles with me, I think I can find my own in the last 300 I need, after that it's just a question of shipping my Wood to my main, and pray I don't get robbed ( and if that might happen I'll just break down my tradeport ^^)

Om it takes 8 hrs to upgrade the palace to level 2 :), damn my population would cap before that. Should have paid more attention.

Thx for the sulfur everyone, leechers be damned lol. :P

Edit: is there a formula for warehouse? It does list the capacity in the ingame FAQ, but I want to know the safe amount at each level. I can more or less guess, but it would be better if a formula existed. (couldn't find one in the Ike board)

The FAQ only gives the total storeage per level. At level 10 (can't remember if that's 1lvl higher than neccessary for a lvl3 Palace), the safe amounts are 930 Wood & 460 other stuff. I think it adds either 10 or 20 to the per-level increase for wood each level (so the increase from 6-7 is 90, from 7-8 it's 110, from 8-9 it's 120) & for the luxury items, it appears to be a flat +50 increase up to lvl8, then the per level increase get's +10 per level (8-9 get's +60, 9-10 get's +70).

Om it takes 8 hrs to upgrade the palace to level 2 :P, damn my population would cap before that. Should have paid more attention.

Thx for the sulfur everyone, leechers be damned lol. :dance:

Edit: is there a formula for warehouse? It does list the capacity in the ingame FAQ, but I want to know the safe amount at each level. I can more or less guess, but it would be better if a formula existed. (couldn't find one in the Ike board)

Yeah it goes up REALLY slow but I think that is because they don't want people hiding there resources behind there safe houses and the warehouses can only go up to level 16 because after that it costs more than you can hold. and what is the ratio of hold-able to safe?

the warehouses can only go up to level 16 because after that it costs more than you can hold.

Level 17, actually (wood is double the capacity of other goods). But berkley's right. I looked on the board and there's discussion about this flaw. A level 18 warehouse takes more material than a level 17 can hold (and it gets more ridiculous after that).

This means the most you can build is a level 4 palace. So don't plan beyond that until they revamp the building costs.

@ Indy Slingers still got two archers off you. Interesting, they do make good fodder don't they?

@ fladder sending some sulfur your way (got a fair deal from local market), it will take a while to get there but it can't be help I guess. :P

(Third colony, marble. Wanted it to go a bit farer but all midrange marbles are taken. Oh well, close has its benefit too so I'm not complaining. Need to plan palace 3, quite a task this would be. :wub:)

Edit: oh and we still haven't settle on the tier two game issue. Any word from you llama? You are the ingame alliance leader and one of the top. What say you? :dance:

the warehouses can only go up to level 16 because after that it costs more than you can hold.

Level 17, actually (wood is double the capacity of other goods). But berkley's right. I looked on the board and there's discussion about this flaw. A level 18 warehouse takes more material than a level 17 can hold (and it gets more ridiculous after that).

This means the most you can build is a level 4 palace. So don't plan beyond that until they revamp the building costs.

Wait so if they change the cost of things would we be refunded fr our spent resources? and could they cut down on the time because I looked and at the end it would take over 100 days to make a level 30 something warehouse.

Oh and I have 1800 glass for sale if anyone wants to trade for some I will accept sulphur (preferred), wine, or some of both.

Wait so if they change the cost of things would we be refunded for our spent resources?

The joys of playing in a beta. Just hope they don't decide to wipe us all out at some point. Some betas do that (but mainly if they have a really major change).

just built a museum and I guess I got to make a cultural treaty or something. Have no idea how to do it and/or find trade partners

for alliance members you go to the embassy and click on the icon for "write message"; for other players you either go to the island view, select their city and click diplomacy or find them on the highscore-board and click the icon for "write message".

After that the message writing box will appear. You select cultural treaty from the dropdown box (might be untraslated as kulture-something) and click submit. (message is optional).

You need to have a free slot in your museums to be able to request cultural treaties. Also note that if you try this for players with which you already have a cultural treaty, the option in the dropbox will be to CANCEL the treaty.

okay since I have the ability ( and responsibility ) of editing our External aliance page I started to make a first draft of our page, any and all ideas are welcome and will be implemented when possible. I could use a little help with some of the html tagging as well so feel free to comment on this.

the second tier is coming closer and we gotta get this to work, right now we look like a bunch o noobs on our external page :unsure:

Sacred Darkness [( name to be chosen still )]

We are a Gaming crew consisting mostly of sacred players who come together on one of the Sacred Fan forums

http://www.darkmatters.org [( insert logo image + hotlink ? )]

We are members of bother D.A.R.K. and DA ( Descendants of ancaria ) and are Avid Browserbased MMO players Who follow a certain code of Honour.

Loyalty towards our Crewmembers, No cheating, exploiting, Scamming and no 3rd party tools or bots.

We are a Democratic crew who all have a vote in our decisions, we do not go to war lightly but cross us and You WILL feel Our Wrath. all our positions are also Democratically chosen.

Leader : the Fearless LLama8

general : the Ruthless DarkIndy13

Diplomat : the Eloquent DreDBanGeR

Home secretary : to be elected [( the Pencilpushing .... )]

[(ps any suggestions to your name are welcome I just made em up as I went :D )]

any application to our clan will be scrutinized and Voted on, however it is preferred you are allready

known and vouched for by one of our members.

It is also mandatory you join our forum and post regularly before you are even considered for membership.

we want to know you before we accept you.

asking to join our alliance because you get raided by one of us will be discarded without any discussion.

asking to join us when you have less then 1000 points will also be discarded without discussion. ( exceptions are made for long time members of the forum)

anything between simple ( ) can be included in the text.. anything between [ ] is meant for editing and comments :)

ps. I used the word Crew instead of clan because we are not all in D.A.R.K. and the word clan might be misunderstood

Edited by DreDBanGeR

WOOT new island is going to be colonized! So add my third colony as XXXX! and wow why do palaces cost so much? Level 2 was reasonable but level 3 is absolutely crazy price!

Edit by Myles: I have removed the code.

We don't openly post cood anymore (they are in the in-game internal alliance page), its been done for security for all members including you. Don't mind my editing.

Cake I like. :D The increase does seem dramatic, however it is very reasonable if you factor the growth of everything in.

The level one palace took me more time than the level two palace. If I didn't get attacked my fourth wouldn't be that far away either. But that's just me, I soooo overplan everything. :unsure:

My trading plan ensured that both my wood and marble would touch the palace requirement at the same time. Any raids only speed up the process. :)

Cake I like. :D The increase does seem dramatic, however it is very reasonable if you factor the growth of everything in.

The level one palace took me more time than the level two palace. If I didn't get attacked my fourth wouldn't be that far away either. But that's just me, I soooo overplan everything. :unsure:

My trading plan ensured that both my wood and marble would touch the palace requirement at the same time. Any raids only speed up the process. :)

So how about the glass? I got almost 2,000 glass I would love to sell!

and thanks Myles for removing the co ords =)