Not much to say about this. It is in no way a new game, but I never really stopped playing it. If not actually with the board, I play the computerized Risk 2. Still works perfectly fine on XP. :D

I just wonder if anybody here is a fan as well. Me and my friends like to play same turn territory grab.

If its a yes for you, what style do you like best? And if you have your own house rule plz share. :)

Oh noes not risk. >_< (think I made a thread about this in the past :))

*sigh*

*raises hand*

"hello, my name is Indy and I'm a risk-aholic"

*group says "hello Indy"* >_<

Sure Risk 2 is fun to play on the PC but it's way more fun to play against human opponents. As such I usually play risk on on this site. The number of options ain't that big (also there is no mission gameplay) but the ones that are available are really fun:

- capital play - you lose the capital you lose the game

- blind map - can only see adjancted tiles

- increasing card values - the value of the cards increases after every exchange (pretty cool as you can end up with armies of 5000+ units)

I don't play it regularly, but when I do play it I usually play 100+ games before giving it a break again.

Edited by Indy13

lol Indy. No hope huh? ^^

I never really got into it myself myles. Played it a few times and was fun but I'm pretty sure it was a case of arcade games beating it out of my field of interest, eh heh. Video games FTW! Board games? Boooo! *runs away*

Knuckles -- are you my long lost twin? My 2 fave games growing up Risk and Stratego.

I have a very early set for Risk -- when the pieces were still made of wood, not plastic. Have not played since college, though. Woe these last 30 years.

And Stratego. Wow. I could always trounce my real life twin at that one. Usually managed to get his #1 with my spy - hehe.

I was a big fan of the original board game...that and stratego :devil:

well I never been in stratego but I was obessed with Risk, and when LoTR Risk came I was addicted again ^^ but I think the original risk was better than lotr do'h. it was just a new twist to same old game xD

Used to love this game with a passion... and don't want to think about how many hours I"ve lost in late night sessions with the guys. Near the end though...it just seemed so chancy?

Or...maybe I was just plain awful at it?

:devil:

gogo

Oh noes not risk. >_< (think I made a thread about this in the past :P)

*sigh*

*raises hand*

"hello, my name is Indy and I'm a risk-aholic"

*group says "hello Indy"* >_<

:3lmao: Likewise, when I start playing (in a camp or church group), I will be one of the last to leave. :3lmao:

I probably shouldn't tell you that you can still play Risk 2 online via the WarZone client. Its free, they pick up the game after MSN Gaming Zone dumped it. :)

The site you mentioned looks really promising too. I will check it out. ;)