Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

14 minutes ago, Flix said:

So a spellcaster can't modify those combat arts without investing in a skill which gives no other benefit?

I'm reversing my previous statement yet again. Man, do I feel stupid:mad:

4 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

I've missed those. dang. Should update the hotfix, as well as the main archive. I'm still unable to edit the head post of the thread, unfortunately. 

I've changed the settings for your member  group here on the forum

Sorry I could not find it earlier

are you able to make changes now?

:)

gogo

4 hours ago, Flix said:

One of the perks of hybrid combat arts was that a weapon lore wasn't needed.

4 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Are you certain of that? I mean, whether the animation is considered attack speed(needs weapon lore), or cast speed(needs aspect lore) is controlled by the causesSpellDamage flag, if I'm not mistaken.

I can provide an answer since I've played extensively with Magic Coup, and Delphic Arcania Lore is the skill that regulates attack/cast/whatever it may be called in this situation speed. The relevant equipped weapon lore skill only increases the character's attack value on top of it since DAL doesn't provide that bonus like a weapon lore skill or like the dual wield skill.

On a related note, I know for a fact that Tactics Lore never increases the damage value on Magic Coup. I've tested it and the damage is always unaltered, even put a small more explanatory note about it on the Wiki's page. I've checked the individual pages for AW and SH and curiously enough there's no mention of Tactics Lore having any interaction with them, but those I haven't tested to be sure of so I couldn't say if it's the same or not.

32 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Delphic Arcania Lore is the skill that regulates attack/cast/whatever it may be called in this situation speed

Interesting, if it's one of the aspect skills, then it controls execution speed, if it's Tactics Lore, then the appropriate weapon skill controls the execution speed. A hard-coded difference, no doubt - perhaps, skill group based.

Nevertheless, it's hard to see a principal difference between Magic Coup, and, say, Dedicated Blow. It's illogical for an aspect lore skill to control a weapon-based CA attack speed.

Edited by dimitrius154

I'm just saying that that's the behaviour in-game, not saying how you should present things in your mod. That's your choice and I won't debate that with you. ;)

Like I said I can't vouch for the behaviour on AW or SH since I never tested those in the same way, though it's quite easy to do so with my blank toons in the download section.

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

Nevertheless, it's hard to see a principal difference between Magic Coup, and, say, Dedicated Blow. It's illogical for an aspect lore skill to control a weapon-based CA attack speed.

They're meant to be "magical" in the lore, just using weapon damage as a base.  

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Flix said:

They're meant to be "magical" in the lore, just using weapon damage as a base

Dust Devil and Killing Spree are not exactly "physical" in nature, either. The only non-debatable Tactics Lore skill is Belligerent Vault. 

Besides, SH, AW, MC were still gaining the Attack Bonus from the appropriate weapon skill. But not the Speed bonus. Not very logical.

Edited by dimitrius154

good morning
Thanks for the hard work, patch 1.60 is great, I hope to add the new change.

I hope that the community will continue for many years, since Sacred is a great game, and its changes make it better and better.

A query as I install the addendum and the other files, I am new to mounting the files separately since I always use the patch installer.

Thank you and I apologize for my ignorance in these cases.

Greetings from Costa Rica

Edited by GilberthGuzmanSegura
a question
  • Like! 1
34 minutes ago, GilberthGuzmanSegura said:

A query as I install the addendum and the other files,

If GME utility is not in use, the "Patch Optional Addendum.rar" archive should be unpacked into the Sacred 2 primary folder.

55 minutes ago, GilberthGuzmanSegura said:

good morning
Thanks for the hard work, patch 1.60 is great, I hope to add the new change.

I hope that the community will continue for many years, since Sacred is a great game, and its changes make it better and better.

A query as I install the addendum and the other files, I am new to mounting the files separately since I always use the patch installer.

Thank you and I apologize for my ignorance in these cases.

Greetings from Costa Rica

And welcome to DarkMatters, Gilberth!

:)

gogo

Thank you for answering my query dimitrius154, and gogoblender for your welcome greeting, and for the files and everything runs great and the new interfaces are very well done, a few days ago start a game with no high elf and try it with her without problems, the animations of the inquisitor and the warrior of the shadows are magnificent, even though I think I made a mistake when mounting the files since the shadow warrior only has the campaign of shadows and not of light.:mellow:

21 minutes ago, GilberthGuzmanSegura said:

the animations of the inquisitor and the warrior of the shadows are magnificent, even though I think I made a mistake when mounting the files since the shadow warrior only has the campaign of shadows and not of light.

That means you've placed the "Extra" folder(a personal mod, I've included as a bonus) content on top of the Addendum. As stated in the mod's description txt file, both the Inquisitor and the Shadow Warrior have been reworked. The Inquisitor became T-Energy afflicted, and the Shadow Warrior became, technically, a demon(and, as such, unable to choose the Path of Light). 

17 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

That means you've placed the "Extra" folder(a personal mod, I've included as a bonus) content on top of the Addendum.

Why don't you show off more of this stuff?  You're selling yourself and your mod short by presenting it strictly as a bundle of fixes, and not the inventive and creative endeavor that it is.

• Like! 1
2 minutes ago, Flix said:

Why don't you show off more of this stuff?

I prefer to keep some element of(hopefully pleasant) surprise. An incentive to discover things.

11 minutes ago, Flix said:

by presenting it strictly as a bundle of fixes

Oh, I've mentioned new models, textures, special effects, etc. It's just that letting most of the content be known from the start would ruin the discovery part. That's why I don't tell about the Inquisitor class quest ending, for example.:coffeecup:

I think the doppelganger (was it called Essence Projection in the Addendum?) is less likely to attack its opponents than it used to do in CM patch 160,

but I'm not too sure since this is all based on few instances of using it. Still, I like how Clustering Maelstrom and Raving Thrust can no longer harm friendly NPCs.

Edited by mewkang
  • Thanks! 1
On ‎07‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 1:26 AM, mewkang said:

I think the doppelganger (was it called Essence Projection in the Addendum?) is less likely to attack its opponents

Thank you for the feedback - this helped me discover the original principal deficiency of the "Essence Projection"(former "Zealous Doppelganger") behavior.

It has been noted many times, that the doppelganger behavior is clunky, to say the least. Well, in fact, he is almost unable(or, perhaps completely unable) to use ranged weapons without the "Domination" modification. In addition, the "flawless" logic of whoever coded the disaster has led to it being unable to use more than 2 CAs total(4 with doctored modifications), despite being assigned 14. Perhaps to remedy that, the devs have upped the doppelganger's hitpoint regeneration to ridiculous levels.

No longer the case. With the newest update the Similar now uses all of his available CAs and is no longer the dullard he once was. 

• Thanks! 1

Great work, thank you.

Just one short question: How can I change the background music back to the original?

With the Addendum there is now almost comlete new backgrund music. It is great music, I like it and would by a CD if I had a name of the artist/orchestra. But it is not the best choice for this game.

I checked out the new Similar and I think it's nice to see him use a bunch of combat arts to deal with his enemies although this means that he will use his normal attacks less,

which means less Life Leech attacks using a Life Leech weapon.

By the way, I'm curious if it is no longer possible for the Similar to use the Life Leech effect to deal with bosses?

Because from what I could see from using the Similar with a Life Leech shuriken, there was no indication of leeched life. Is the Inquisitor no longer able to deal with bosses

using the Similar/Doppelganger then?

Edited by mewkang
fixed the layout (?) of the text
1 hour ago, 12DuneLord34 said:

background music back to the original?

New tracks are located in the musichq2.zip. Unwanted tracks can be deleted manually.

1 hour ago, 12DuneLord34 said:

But it is not the best choice for this game.

Hmm? Tyr Lysia region, I presume? Or others as well? What of the combat tracks?

5 minutes ago, mewkang said:

which means less Life Leech attacks using a Life Leech weapon.

All item effects should be in place. However, they are only enacted when a weapon-based combat art is being used.

7 minutes ago, mewkang said:

Is the Inquisitor no longer able to deal with bosses

using the Similar/Doppelganger then?

Of course he is able to. The Similar has an almost entire arsenal of the Inquisitor's CAs.  

On 8.4.2018 at 0:36 PM, dimitrius154 said:

New tracks are located in the musichq2.zip. Unwanted tracks can be deleted manually.

Hmm? Tyr Lysia region, I presume? Or others as well? What of the combat tracks?

Yes, Tyr Lysia. Combat sounds are fine. It's just the backgrund music in Tyr Lysia.

Thanks, now I know what to change after I got the game running on my new pc. There is something I ran into, but not with the addendum. It's the game itself. Have to look into it further until the machine is fully updated and all the needed software installed (Sacred 2 goes first, everytime :yay:)

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured