Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

maybe something else needs to be connected to the "Patch Optional Addendum"? Can there be some kind of kernel like in the "Enhanced Edition"? , I just did not find instructions for proper installation. show how the list of active mods should look like in the "Generic Mod Enabler", I have it like this, the patch folder and the Russian localization was placed in the mod folder with confirmation for the replacement. all right?

1313131313.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I installed this mod and started a dragon mage character. I got 0 set items from either quests and bosses so I tweaked balance.txt for a bit but problem is I only get mark of the dragon set rn I wonder if I play at normal drop rates do I get always this set or is this kinda a bug?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey!
I'm new here. Have some bugs besides that mentioned before.
  First - a question. Can I double-hit with LMB attack using TG's Battle Extension? Didn't figure it out, cause big shoota/choppa is just better than just smol choppa
1) If I use any smith rune on item, with resulting item equipped, my damage goes up for no reason when I miss or use CA. Damage is real, don't just in GUI. With 20 runes in items and pelting strikes damage become really huge. Works with any runes. It appears with effect that looks like "Damage of enraged players" booster. Is there video links allowed?
2) energy shield(for both seraph and TG) have regen that applied also from HP regen, so shield regen is higher than hp regen
3) at pandemonium mode I can't normally go to some bosses because of locked doors. It can't be opened. TG and HE can move through it though, works as good as dismounting animation in front of door (dismounted character just squish on the door or next through it).
4) that was mentioned, but I think it's need to say - health pots. small potion heal about 10-15% hp in silver with maxed alchemy, medium ones appears(mostly) after 75 level, when small ones with skill become usable. Most disturbing thing about it is healing for 1hp with second pot if space pressed twice. So I think that it was best in sacred 1 that medium pots in merchant's stock at level 1 will be good, just to have 20-30+% heal (without alchemy skill) for some... stunning situations. And/or add healing% behind non-mastery alchemy (for example 15% without skill and 15%+10% with skill)
Also encountered some funny items with flashing names - one word of item name changes between 2-3 variants each second

and one issue - enemies at some locations spawns but don't do anything (for 1-2 minutes). I play with some guys (with good enough pc as server) through Radmin VPN(works with everything, simple and already have servers for sacred1-2), all of them have exact GOG version as mine. Connection is good and don't ever go to 100%, but when I encounter too much of mobs staying still, game crashes. It happened with CM-patch and EE mod but game don't crash and it doesn't need to wait for more than 10-15 secs

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 7:29 PM, bestreducer said:

First - a question. Can I double-hit with LMB attack using TG's Battle Extension? Didn't figure it out, cause big shoota/choppa is just better than just smol choppa

The Battle Extension Double-Hit is a separate mechanics/ Yes, you can.

2) energy shield(for both seraph and TG) have regen that applied also from HP regen, so shield regen is higher than hp regen

Screens proving the point would be appreciated.

Is there video links allowed?

They are.  The reported effect doesn't look like my doing. Oh, those early attempts at server-client games... and the code itself.

t pandemonium mode I can't normally go to some bosses because of locked doors. It can't be opened.

Specifics would be appreciated. What bosses?

Also encountered some funny items with flashing names - one word of item name changes between 2-3 variants each second

Wondered when someone would report that. The entire naming solution was hedgewizardry. No way to do it otherwise with the original resources on hand.

enemies at some locations spawns but don't do anything (for 1-2 minutes).

The same issue of the server-client solution. You could end up to 40 minutes with the vanilla.

• Thanks! 1
On 9/21/2023 at 1:27 AM, dimitrius154 said:

error entry screenshot from the Windows Application Event Log?

here, if that's enough

Spoiler

Имя журнала:   Application
Источник:      Application Error
Дата:          20.09.2023 17:16:20
Код события:   1000
Категория задачи:(100)
Уровень:       Ошибка
Ключевые слова:Классический
Пользователь:  Н/Д
Компьютер:     WIN-346A8R6JLCC
Описание:
Имя сбойного приложения: sacred2.exe, версия: 2.65.2.0, метка времени: 0x4be45a9b
Имя сбойного модуля: granny2.dll, версия: 2.8.35.0, метка времени: 0x4bb526cd
Код исключения: 0xc0000005
Смещение ошибки: 0x00010b76
Идентификатор сбойного процесса: 0x1634
Время запуска сбойного приложения: 0x01d9eba27e4a617a
Путь сбойного приложения: D:\games\Sacred 2 Gold addendum\system\sacred2.exe
Путь сбойного модуля: D:\games\Sacred 2 Gold addendum\system\granny2.dll
Идентификатор отчета: 0ea24084-0468-418b-8911-ddb95fbca4f0
Полное имя сбойного пакета:
Код приложения, связанного со сбойным пакетом:
Xml события:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-09-20T14:16:20.8939106Z" />
    <EventRecordID>4405</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>WIN-346A8R6JLCC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>sacred2.exe</Data>
    <Data>2.65.2.0</Data>
    <Data>4be45a9b</Data>
    <Data>granny2.dll</Data>
    <Data>2.8.35.0</Data>
    <Data>4bb526cd</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00010b76</Data>
    <Data>1634</Data>
    <Data>01d9eba27e4a617a</Data>
    <Data>D:\games\Sacred 2 Gold addendum\system\sacred2.exe</Data>
    <Data>D:\games\Sacred 2 Gold addendum\system\granny2.dll</Data>
    <Data>0ea24084-0468-418b-8911-ddb95fbca4f0</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Spoiler

sshot-2023-09-22-13-32-00.jpg

image.png

UPD: I noted "granny2.dll" as reason of CTD, so - I use trimmed elite textures, installed before addendum, because less CTDs

Spoiler

sshot-2023-09-22-13-48-53.thumb.jpg.50877df143eb683b624825caabdd0f03.jpg

Edited by bestreducer
  • Thanks! 1

A very unfortunate issue this one turns out to be, a two-and-a-half year old compounded calculation error. While I, generally, avoid solution through attrition, that's the way I have to undertake.

• Like! 1
On 9/23/2023 at 9:02 PM, dimitrius154 said:

A very unfortunate issue this one turns out to be, a two-and-a-half year old compounded calculation error. While I, generally, avoid solution through attrition, that's the way I have to undertake.

Phew, took a LOT less time than anticipated. @bestreducer Any extra bug input is appreciated, so that I can deal with those before releasing the new iteration.

• Appreciation 1
On 10/1/2023 at 3:33 PM, dimitrius154 said:

Thanks! Does this by chance also address the 2 issues from my previous post?  The font color and the Conviction tooltip are, I believe, the last of the issues that cropped up during playtesting.

I'd also like to report that there's no set item drop whatsoever for dryad. But it's not the case for bargaining mastery. I tried to buy something with my legacy bargainer dryad, and there were some set items. 

Another interesting thing I noticed is that these "hidden treasures" which you can activate or stumble upon are always giving 4 (four!) legendary weapons. Of course it's nice to have some drop like this along the way and it makes you really hunt for such places, but still I wonder if that's a bug or not (I'm level 40, survival bonus 45%, enhanced perception 163). 

Other than that, thanks a lot for this update, I'm a huge fan of it! 

upd: some set items are actually dropping! but so far there's been two of them. Wonder what happens next...

Edited by Cocktor
  • Appreciation 1
  • 2 weeks later...

hi, I installed your Option Addendum mod, deleted the Dark mod folder from it, I don’t want 20 skills, should I delete the D2F folder if I don’t play Diablo mod? NPC blacksmith runes do not work in the game, this is an obvious problem because... because of this, you need to take the blacksmithing skill, but I wouldn’t want this, I also noticed that when selecting an item, its name is not shown in full, more often on white objects, but in the inventory the name is normal, complete, I made a mod on x3 mobs, changing the values 2 times in total_density, it seems to work flawlessly

oh, yes, I don’t remember how in the vanilla SM patch, but in HER fashion it was like this: installed. for example, on button 2 - buff skill, then pressed this button and the character uses this skill, but in your mod it does not work, please fix it or write where to change something yourself so that the skill works from the keyboard

Edited by Astrality
  • Appreciation 1
On 10/9/2023 at 10:34 AM, Cocktor said:

hidden treasures" which you can activate or stumble upon are always giving 4 (four!) legendary weapons

it's just a good drop. If you remove your perception+MF bonus, legendary items count will be lower. I have about 1-2 with ~80 perception and 35 level. Kinda weird to have just a health pot (or useless blue item) in magical stash

On 10/24/2023 at 1:51 AM, Astrality said:

NPC blacksmith runes do not work in the game

it will work from char level 25 and higher. Strange bug, but not so frustrating (as other that grow damage to insane while using CA with that blacksmith runes)

• Thanks! 1
On 10/29/2023 at 5:45 PM, bestreducer said:

it will work from char level 25 and higher. Strange bug, but not so frustrating (as other that grow damage to insane while using CA with that blacksmith runes)

Are those two issues still in place with the latest patch?:huh:

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 3:59 AM, Flix said:

When using the spellclass "cSpellGsKriegsrausch", the factions don't reset after duration expires. All affected enemies continue to be hostile to one another.

Something tells me it's the same way in vanilla.

15 hours ago, Flix said:

Enemy factions return to normal after the duration expires.

Although.... perhaps, they shouldn't. Sort of a murderous aura duration, once in range, the subject is, ahem, infected for (short)life.

4 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Although.... perhaps, they shouldn't. Sort of a murderous aura duration, once in range, the subject is, ahem, infected for (short)life.

Perhaps. It's somewhat balanced by the new behavior where it only affects a small radius around the caster rather than "as far as the eye can see."

• Like! 1