What's the weather like over there?

22 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Oh my God lol Lindor where are you living? Do you have a small extra room I can hang out with during is called ridiculous loooong month hahahah

Sure if you don't mind a 9-15hr flight from Canada to Germany:lindor:

Little boy paying me a visit every day for the last weeks now:

wO9fWk0.jpeg

• Like! 1
17 hours ago, Lindor said:

Sure if you don't mind a 9-15hr flight from Canada to Germany:lindor:

Little boy paying me a visit every day for the last weeks now:

wO9fWk0.jpeg

Did you report it? There was a request to report when and where 6 types of early butterflies were found. Our twins found 11 types.

https://www.nabu.de/tiere-und-pflanzen/aktionen-und-projekte/naturgucker/22097.html

Yours is on the list.

140922-nabu-tagpfauenauge-an-weide-helge

• zomgod! 1
9 hours ago, chattius said:

Did you report it? There was a request to report when and where 6 types of early butterflies were found. Our twins found 11 types.

https://www.nabu.de/tiere-und-pflanzen/aktionen-und-projekte/naturgucker/22097.html

Yours is on the list.

Oh I did not know that. The project itself seems interesting, but I don't like all the personal data you have to give access in order to register and sign in, besides I can't remember the exact date nor time he/she visited me the first time, which seems to be a requirement to fill in. So I'm not gonna report.

11 hours ago, chattius said:

Yours is on the list.

Wow! Can’t believe you spotted the kind of butterfly from that photo! ROFL in fact I did not even know that Lindor was talking about a butterfly in that photo until now ha ha Ha ROFL

😄😂😄

gogo

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Lindor said:

Oh I did not know that. The project itself seems interesting, but I don't like all the personal data you have to give access in order to register and sign in, besides I can't remember the exact date nor time he/she visited me the first time, which seems to be a requirement to fill in. So I'm not gonna report.

We are registered anyway. We sometimes host biology students in tents in our forest. And kids like to ask them about sightings. I used to earn some money from statistical weather forecast to report first sightings of certain animals, blossoms of plants, ... Later it were the kids who did it for some pocket money.

For the nature organisation, often it is enough to just talk to the local people of the organisation. Living on countryside I met the local people many times when walking with the dogs.

14 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Wow! Can’t believe you spotted the kind of butterfly from that photo! ROFL in fact I did not even know that Lindor was talking about a butterfly in that photo until now ha ha Ha ROFL

😄😂😄

gogo

There aren't that much different butterflies types this early in the year. The peacock butterfly is one of them. We call it Tagpfauenauge, which translates as daytime peacock-eye. It is the most colourful in sunlight. Don't need to be an expert. My main interest in butterflies are their aerodynamics. I often watch injured butterflies where the beak of a bird bite away parts of a wing. They survived because they often have eye spots on the rearwings. Birds try to attack between the eyes. The spots are far enough from the main body to let the butterfly survive, and placed at parts of the wing which still allows flying when bite away.

I did a stupid question at a butterfly forum. I often was was seeing speckled wood butterflies with part of a wing missing. The male Speckled Wood is defending its territory by flying narrow curves around rivals. Interestingly a missing wing part seems to allow even more narrow curves, so the females are more attracted to him.

So the eye spots seemed to have a double function: first to survive, and as a survivor you are more attractive.

After doing this stupid question we have students who study our Speckled Woods.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Omg a couple days ago it was so hot that I can't even, and now it's snowing outside! What? Seems like Canada sent us their snow:3lmao::lindor:

Yes! Be a good friend and take more pleeeeeeze 😄😄😄

gogo

• Haha 1

Enough snow for crosscountry skiing. Was an hour work to cover or bring in all the flower pots.

12 new animals: goats

While interests were just -0.5% I bought surrounding land last year. Problem was that it was unworked grasland and covered with too many bushes, causing high risk for fire and that they grow so dense that passing is impossible. So goats should remove the bushes while giving around 10000 litres milk a year.

• Like! 1

Today I wanted to go somewhere by foot. The moment I went out the door it started to heavily rain to the point where I met Noah sailing with his boat (Is it called "Arche" in english as well?):3lmao:. I was completely swimming and decided to turn around after a hundred metres or so. I ran as fast as I could, but it was too late, my entire clothing was 80% water and 20% fabric. And - how else could it be - the moment I set foot into the house again, the rain stopped and the sun started to shine. But every moment it could start again so I decided to stay - needless to say that of course it didn't start again:lindor: I swear, weather in Germany is trolling me :4rofl:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Lindor said:

Today I wanted to go somewhere by foot. The moment I went out the door it started to heavily rain to the point where I met Noah sailing with his boat (Is it called "Arche" in english as well?):3lmao:. I was completely swimming and decided to turn around after a hundred metres or so. I ran as fast as I could, but it was too late, my entire clothing was 80% water and 20% fabric. And - how else could it be - the moment I set foot into the house again, the rain stopped and the sun started to shine. But every moment it could start again so I decided to stay - needless to say that of course it didn't start again:lindor: I swear, weather in Germany is trolling me :4rofl:

ahahhah, I KNOW that kind of rain.. where its just coming down in pure sheets... amazing that so much moisture can be held in the air at once then released so quickly...luck you you didnt get too far to return back to shelter

:D

gogo

ps.  pretty close lindor, arche is ark in English :dragonbrother:

Weather forecast was heavy wind and rain from southwest for the last days. Wind was said to  reach 70km/h, at more than 400 metres 100km/h and more. The clouds use to climb at the corner of the mid mountain range and release the water when doing it. I want more of this. The ground is still way to dry, my well is just half full and iam not connected to public water supply. If you see helicopters with a big iron rectangle. it is a sort of magnet field antenna which detects water deep in the ground.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGmlbVFr416_Z_39hOAy2

• 2 weeks later...

Sunny days and I am able to see castles 50 miles away with a glas. Seems this far view even helped a pair of red kites to find each other. Heard their cries before seeing them. Even a bit late they started to build a nest just 200 metres from our house. In our mainly woodland area are no vultures. So the kite playes this role. But he is even able to hunt activly, mice and frogs on fields, even fish. He is not hunting in a dive but needs some room for a gliding attack. So I guess our fish ponds will have visitors.

Our local name is 'Gabelweihe / forked harrier' because of its forked tail. But zoologists made a new group for it and its black cousin: the kites.

Probably the bird I like the most: as a glider pilot they often fly circles with with me in my slow vintage wooden glider.

• Appreciation 1

Minus 2 guys, yesterday, but still got a  4.5 k out of it , though a walk only to keep me knees healing from the runs, still feels good feeling mister shiny on my face

:gogo:

gogoIMG_8698.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday there was a heavy thunderstorm. Now the sun turns the moisture in the ground into fog. Hope it will be sunny and dry roads. I plan to buy a second hand threewheel (8000€) in evening and need a test drive.

My old BMW GS motorbike is real old but I met my wife because of it. When I started university I asked for a good mechanic. She was the daughter of the bike store owner + mechanic I was told to visit. So I plan to keep the old thing and use it only at certain events.

But I need a bike because a nearby bridge will be demolished and rebuild. There is a nice shortcut saving an hour a day only usable with bikes.

The problem is everyone in my family says ugly. Seems I am the only one who sees in this kind of a bike the best way to move from home to work. I want the GT version of the Yamaha Niken because of the higher wind shield and the sidebags to store my clothes. I like the classic music in the video :thumbsup:

• Appreciation 1
20 minutes ago, chattius said:

Yesterday there was a heavy thunderstorm. Now the sun turns the moisture in the ground into fog. Hope it will be sunny and dry roads. I plan to buy a second hand threewheel (8000€) in evening and need a test drive.

My old BMW GS motorbike is real old but I met my wife because of it. When I started university I asked for a good mechanic. She was the daughter of the bike store owner + mechanic I was told to visit. So I plan to keep the old thing and use it only at certain events.

But I need a bike because a nearby bridge will be demolished and rebuild. There is a nice shortcut saving an hour a day only usable with bikes.

The problem is everyone in my family says ugly. Seems I am the only one who sees in this kind of a bike the best way to move from home to work. I want the GT version of the Yamaha Niken because of the higher wind shield and the sidebags to store my clothes. I like the classic music in the video :thumbsup:

Love how you connect that beautiful motorcycle to your beautiful wife 😍 

We had a huge massive rain storm last night while we were out on a walk getting groceries which took out a some Portions of the Montreal grid… I know it’s in the dark

It’s that cool rainy morning after hot long days nice to sleep in but have to go to work… Good day all!

🙏

gogo

22 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Love how you connect that beautiful motorcycle to your beautiful wife 😍

Thanks.

I read some tests and watched videos and most seem to be written from dwarven bike racers who want to drive as fast as possible on Autobahns. But I am special - nasty virus disease while grewing, too short legs compared too body. So 192cm and 89kg. The extra weight of the bike is not much a problem, the two front wheels with the big brake discs are welcome because of my short legs my centre of gravity is higher than normal drivers. Real nice bike and the curve speed is perhaps even higher than on a normal bike on good roads, way better on dirt. It looses however in acceleration - 'only 4.3' seconds to reach 100km/h from 0.  But I don't want to race, I want to reach home or work on curvy, dirty, leaf covered and wet country roads with a reasonable speed. So if the threewheel can do curves faster than a normal bike it will do curves saver than a normal bike when doing the curves with same speed.

Liked the test drive but brakes need an overhaul, so we agreed on 7000€. Ordered the parts and luckily my father in law is a bike mechanic master. He actually likes the technic in contrast to his beautiful daughter and granddaughters.

One thing I noticed while putting it on a trailer and don't like:

I have this. It can be used to move a bike on a trailer, place below wheel at dirt or snow, lift a car wheel for repairs from below, ...

uniko-6in1-faltrampe-faltbares-kunststof

Now I need something like this. Well think it can have a second use to transport heavy motordriven chairwheels. Need some light and foldable.

21426_1-jpg_600x600.jpg

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

this crazy weather... 15 degrees on the bike this early morning and went looking for my gloves :lol:..

Hoping your day is bright and your sky blue, 

keep sharing your beautiful hearts, Sacred Fans :) 

09979EB8-4FFF-45A4-A1C2-9FD837A0A027.jpgIMG_9438.jpg

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...