What's the weather like over there?

The most beautiful weather:

LANDREGEN, ENDLICH!!!

Steady rain, finally!!!

The ground is so hardened from drought that a heavy rain wouldn't enter it but flowing away. This rain softens the ground slowly. I guess most of you are connected to puplic watersupply. We get our water from our old deep well. It was almost empty. So the rain is very very welcome, even it will take 3 days for the water to enter it. Also I could finally continue my century project: planting some global warming resistant saplings from chestnut and Atlas-cedars where some big oaks were chopped three years ago.

And after the work enjoying the rain with my wife.

• Like! 1
5 hours ago, chattius said:

The most beautiful weather:

LANDREGEN, ENDLICH!!!

Steady rain, finally!!!

The ground is so hardened from drought that a heavy rain wouldn't enter it but flowing away. This rain softens the ground slowly. I guess most of you are connected to puplic watersupply. We get our water from our old deep well. It was almost empty. So the rain is very very welcome, even it will take 3 days for the water to enter it. Also I could finally continue my century project: planting some global warming resistant saplings from chestnut and Atlas-cedars where some big oaks were chopped three years ago.

And after the work enjoying the rain with my wife.

Bravo on the success of making it to the good weather!. We've had nothing but gloriously warm weather days here the last few... my mom was in town, visiting my ammamma, and we all got to get some beer and nachos with Schot in Old MOntreal... ahhh, beers and patios...
IMG_6982.jpg

4343FD5B-8B05-4DF5-BED1-5C138FD232A1-COLLAGE.jpg

11 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

:sun: Mostly Sunny, 39.5 °C (heat index/"feels like") 44 °C :heat:

:JC-tumbleweed:

Yeeks!!
thats hot!!! youd need a hot full time for that

Got a pool? or you guys use your pond?
either is panacea

:l_diver:

gogo

6 hours ago, gogoblender said:

12 degrees... someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze, send me your sun! another four k pwned!

I have a too strong surviving instinct to send you my sun which is probably the same as yours. A sun a few kilometres above Canada will probably destroy the earth with its gravity.

The weather here: Mist in morning,, then a bit sun, then rain, then sun with a rainbow, rain again and now after evening meal and walking with the dogs, a triple rainbow spanning over the valley. 24C, 20l rain per square metre, 4 hours sun in total

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, chattius said:

I have a too strong surviving instinct to send you my sun which is probably the same as yours. A sun a few kilometres above Canada will probably destroy the earth with its gravity.

The weather here: Mist in morning,, then a bit sun, then rain, then sun with a rainbow, rain again and now after evening meal and walking with the dogs, a triple rainbow spanning over the valley. 24C, 20l rain per square metre, 4 hours sun in total

I'll take someone's hot sun any day Chattius and throw in some triple rainbows while year at it! :cow:  ...specially today.. 12 degrees ?? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ...

IMG_7175.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

this mornings weather was hugely comical... lightning flashing in the sky, torrential rain, rivers overflowing from the sewers...what better day to get out side early in the morning and get those K's in.

The Way Forward!! :viking:
IMG_7606.jpg

got to push the k's to 4 this morning...and it felt *crispy* outside... haaaaa.. saw all the runners had switched from shorts to joggers :4rofl: 

We have a long weekend coming up here, with monday off for most... I think its gonna be a OppenHeimer weekend. sigh... soooo long... and apparently GOTTA see...

IMG_7680.jpg

5 hours ago, Timotheus said:

It's too hot again. ~30 degrees Celsius (86F) every day until somewhere next week. I am not made for these temperatures in this country...

hooo yah... massive heat here, thirty degrees last two, gonna be hot tomorrow... were waiting for the storms to come in any time

:)

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

In South Africa the weather is very confused, imagine being in a tumble dryer with the temperature button being broken, one moment it is hot and next moment it is cold, one day, you wake up and the sun is shining, not even two hours late it is overcast and then it starts raining... I want Summer!

• Haha 1
On 10/4/2023 at 3:12 PM, Delta! said:

In South Africa the weather is very confused, imagine being in a tumble dryer with the temperature button being broken, one moment it is hot and next moment it is cold, one day, you wake up and the sun is shining, not even two hours late it is overcast and then it starts raining... I want Summer!

Know that weather Theuns! Maybe not as drastic here ..  these parts of the year are always difficult .. specially Never knowing what wear and never trusting the the weatherman 

🤪

gogo

Fog in the woods till afternoon, leaves turning yellow and red falling down, ...

My guess is that this weekend the first cars drive to fast on wet leaves and I would have to pull them out of a trench with the Unimog.

3rd of octobre was workfree re-union day. I took the time to pickup my father in law as a motorbike expert to checkout an offer of a 2017 Yamaha Viking in a c+ condition for 5000€. He said he could easily repair it when having the parts, So we are now the owners of a new light workhorse for use in forests. The twins help their grandpa with the repair and learn driving while doing the tests.

• Like! 1
On 10/6/2023 at 5:19 AM, chattius said:

Fog in the woods till afternoon, leaves turning yellow and red falling down, ...

My guess is that this weekend the first cars drive to fast on wet leaves and I would have to pull them out of a trench with the Unimog.

3rd of octobre was workfree re-union day. I took the time to pickup my father in law as a motorbike expert to checkout an offer of a 2017 Yamaha Viking in a c+ condition for 5000€. He said he could easily repair it when having the parts, So we are now the owners of a new light workhorse for use in forests. The twins help their grandpa with the repair and learn driving while doing the tests.

Skillz! Mad Skillz! makes me do a compare against a lot of kids who spend most time *consuming* Game content vs country skillz ^^ My parents' generation had mad skillz as well, my dad and grandpa built my family's houses on main street in Trincomallee and with that comes all the maintenance...sometimes its so difficult to believe how quickly the world has changed. :oooo:

We have crazy rain here, for last two days with big rivers running down our street cuz were on the slope of the mountain... kind of a pleasant change ...but id much rather have kept with the two weeks of sweltering heat we had before

:D

gogo

Cranes, thousands of them. For people not from my place: cranes flying south means mid Octobre, sun, hot (27C!!!), clear skies ...

You can see and hear the chains for miles.

• zomgod! 1
3 hours ago, chattius said:

Cranes, thousands of them. For people not from my place: cranes flying south means mid Octobre, sun, hot (27C!!!), clear skies ...

You can see and hear the chains for miles.

I read your post this morning, that was a great image you put up in my head. Glorious way to start the day. I have a friend who lives in Austria and I asked him if he saw Cranes flying south, but he says none from his area.. you are truly blessed to see this every years as you've been posting :heart:

Aaaaand... its montreal here... so we got  ..Gak... 12 degrees!,,, enough to make it a crispy outing this morning:

IMG_8260.jpg

:bounce:

gogo

11 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I read your post this morning, that was a great image you put up in my head. Glorious way to start the day. I have a friend who lives in Austria and I asked him if he saw Cranes flying south, but he says none from his area.. you are truly blessed to see this every years as you've been posting :heart:

Cranes normally don't cross the Alpes. And Austria cranes were extincted and now it has very few, if any, breeding cranes. The cranes which we can watch from our place mainly fly towards Spain and a smaller amount to the Camargue in France, as it was yesterday. We live in a mid mountain range and a river to the north. So there is a lot of thermic if it is sunny late in afternoon.

Hessen is the state painted green in the mid of the Germany map. You see the red dots for sightings which form a band through mid/northern Hesse. Below this band are very few sightings. Cranes avoid the Alpes.

Kranich+28.10.2018+ornitho-640w.jpg

Zugwege%20HP.jpg

wife: Cover the plants, nightfrost predicted.

me: Already done.

wife: but it was just in the weather tv.

me: cranes in vanishing cloud covering

You know that your family lives too long at the same place when you are quicker than weather tv with all its computers. To be fair, my family lives here for nearly 200 years. My wife is from another mountain range where she knows the weather better.

• Haha 1
On 10/16/2023 at 10:54 AM, chattius said:

wife: Cover the plants, nightfrost predicted.

me: Already done.

wife: but it was just in the weather tv.

me: cranes in vanishing cloud covering

You know that your family lives too long at the same place when you are quicker than weather tv with all its computers. To be fair, my family lives here for nearly 200 years. My wife is from another mountain range where she knows the weather better.

if you could market that crane technology ;)

aaaaand... a dark mtl morning, 8 degrees... hunting up the winter gear for the  cold frosty mornings to come

IMG_8385.jpg

Nightfrost, fog, wet and icy leaves- and an idiot who drove too fast ending in a trench. Only slightly injured, car beyond repair - and the call was 3:30am GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• zomgod! 1
3 hours ago, chattius said:

Nightfrost, fog, wet and icy leaves- and an idiot who drove too fast ending in a trench. Only slightly injured, car beyond repair - and the call was 3:30am GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Lol those first few words in your post sound like prosefrom a Halloween horror story… I see wet leaves 😵

Folks, we are holding at 11° here dark skies early in the morning everyone’s got running lights or jogging lights

🍁

gogo