As most of you have seen. I Turned 18 today and here in norway that means you can do about everything, legally! (except buying strong booze or driving a +1200cc bike

So, I go to the store to buy some beer...

When I go to pay the beer I am asked for ID. Show them the ID but they wont let me buy because I have changed soo much facially over the past year. So now I have to wait untill I get my new VISA to buy it >.<

Anyone ever experienced anything like it?

No, never. They hardly look at the id here...

But what's also irritating is buying a bottle of wine (requiring you to be 16) when you're 21 and they ask you for an ID.... :P

That happened to a friend of mine :)

No, never. They hardly look at the id here...

But what's also irritating is buying a bottle of wine (requiring you to be 16) when you're 21 and they ask you for an ID.... :P

That happened to a friend of mine :)

Here in the UK one bloke was not allowed to buy alchohol despite being 62 years old. The reason? His grandchildren were waiting at the front of the store for him. Therefore he may have been buying for them! Unfortunately guilt is assumed in all cases now. I have personally seen a family doing their weekly shop being refused a bottle of wine because their 17 year old son was with them.

Edited by podgie_bear
I'd be their friend for life if someone was to ask me for ID phiphi.gif

stubbs

ayuh ... be my bestest friend were I to be asked for id nowadays ... those mileage lines must be really evident from the kids .... no need to ask me if im over 21... *sigh*

Ahhh, Putrescine, yeah it's frustrating when that happens, but laugh it off, and since you're already legal, I'm sure a friend of yours who can buy it can help you out, oooh, how would this work out at a bar for you though?

And I'm curious...does Norway distinguish between beer and hard alcohol? Here in Quebec, everyone 18 can buy all alcohol at 18.

And yeah, it did happen to me once. For my 21st birthday, I was in New York City, with some friends to party. I was turning 21 that midnight, and we walked up to the bouncer to get in... he wouldn't let me in and said I had to wait the two hours.

sigh

New York bouncers

:P

:)

gogo

Ahhh, Putrescine, yeah it's frustrating when that happens, but laugh it off, and since you're already legal, I'm sure a friend of yours who can buy it can help you out, oooh, how would this work out at a bar for you though?

And I'm curious...does Norway distinguish between beer and hard alcohol? Here in Quebec, everyone 18 can buy all alcohol at 18.

And yeah, it did happen to me once. For my 21st birthday, I was in New York City, with some friends to party. I was turning 21 that midnight, and we walked up to the bouncer to get in... he wouldn't let me in and said I had to wait the two hours.

sigh

New York bouncers

gogo

Here, they let you in. Why? You party there :) lol Ahh man we pulled tricks with that in sooo many bars!

One of the easiest ways of getting a cheap drink: tell the DJ and the ladies at the bar that your friend is celebrating his B'Day. In most bars they serve something special while the DJ announces the birthday boy :)

Edited by Timotheus
And I'm curious...does Norway distinguish between beer and hard alcohol?

yep at this end you can buy beer in your local store (when your 18) but "hard" alcohol (22% and over) you can only get at the liquor store (when your 20) :P

Don't feel bad I id everyone at the bar I work at. So MoM and stubbs if you guys want to feel special. I will check yours twice

sigh

New York bouncers

gogo

Ha even worse -- I turned 21 at midnight so went into the bars at 1 am, along with my college pals. They STILL wouldn't serve me. Said the receipts were still on the day before so I wasn't legal. What a load of BS.

And in some parts of the US there is a distinction between 3.2 beer (3.2% by volume) and any other alcohol. Here in Minnesota, you can get low-alc beer in the grocery store, but anything else must be sold at a liquor store.

Don't feel bad I id everyone at the bar I work at. So MoM and stubbs if you guys want to feel special. I will check yours twice

I love you man :hugs:

stubbs

Gial, lol, somehow, somewhere, it seems like there's always someone out there trying to ruin our 21st huh ^^ That line about the receipts is rich...certainly worth a few guffaws. And, that's pretty interesting info about the different percentage beers...here in Quebec, you can get almost anything down at the corner store these days...even beer at more than ten percent

yah

ten percent

lol...who needs wine

:hugs:

gogo

p.s. EM...where were you when I needed you that day! :P