A very good friend of mine has gotten abused several times by her ex bf. I am a witness to one of the three cases myself, but the local authorities wont listen to us. They say that we are to young to understand and too uncontrollable to be taken seriously.

So with no police and no authorities that will listen, what should I do?

Just take the matter into my own hands and get her ex BF erased from existance or should I just sit back and do nothing.. Because I feel like we have tried everything, without any luck.

And in my hometown I have numerous people who would gladly, without any reason force him out of the country... But I am trying to hold them back and I really really just want to lay down and cry about the whole matter...

Anyone who has any words of wisdom?

Sorry to hear about this. Best thing I know would be to get pictures or video of the abuse then the authorities would have to listen. Atleast I would think so. No don't take matters into your own hands as that just makes you as bad as he is, get the evidence then go back to the authorities. That would be my advice anyways....anyone else:)

Stargazer

take them hunting at 11k feet altitude in unfamiliar country with no gps and don't tell them about altitude sickness :( darn redneck tendencies :unsure:

short of anything drastic, get someone the authorities will believe or some solid physical evidence. always some inherent risk in those types of endeavors though.

Notify the authorities of what is happening in writing, along with a statement that if anything happens to her they can be held responsible and be sued for negligence. Tell them that a copy has been sent to a lawyer willing to act on your behalf, who will persue the matter if necessary. Then keep alert and collect any evidence you can and give it to the authorities, but don't keep pestering them about it or you will alienate them.

ugh!.....violence to eradicate violence...not a good idea. :(

You have mentioned that the authorities have said to you that you are

too uncontrollable to be taken seriously.

Does this mean that you have been in trouble with the cops before?

If that's the case then I am sorry but I am very unsympathetic to your call for help.

If you choose to live beyond the law then fine, but please don't come crying when someone does the same to you or people that you know.

If I have misread your post then I do apologize. :unsure:

And if I have read your post wrong then I suggest you get your friend to take out an "Apprehended Violence Order" against the person.

Even though that will not stop someone from attacking a person, it is a legal document that can be acted upon in a court of law.

stubbs

Totally on the same page as Podgie here... If you're this much concerned, find out what your rights are, perhaps have a parent make the report for you. The police are there to be accountable, not to give you excuses of why you're not capable of being a responsible member of society.

:unsure:

gogo

Ugh, I'd go with what the others said try and get some solid evidence for the authorities, so that they cannot NOT listen!

Strange thing about this is, a friend of mines good friend was abused by her ex boyfriend recentely, why do unpleasant things come in pairs :)

Does this mean that you have been in trouble with the cops before?

If that's the case then I am sorry but I am very unsympathetic to your call for help.

If you choose to live beyond the law then fine, but please don't come crying when someone does the same to you or people that you know.

If I have misread your post then I do apologize. :)

Err, I read this as "too young and therefore uncontrollable (I read as in its meaning, not as in I misread :o ), but I may be wrong

:)

~Doom

Edited by TimOfDoom