Two newbish questions.

Hey, I've been reading most of the relevant litterature (SacredWiki, Wolfe's Lair, relevant forums) but I can't find the answer to these questions:

1. What triggers Jaquaire to move his posterior over to Braverock from the point at the edge of Tyr Fasul where you left him (In Single Player that is)? Do you need to be at a certain point in the main quest? I've reached Braverock already, but Jaquaire is still lounging around west of Mascarell.

2. For the purpose of combat art eligibility are combat gauntlets considered two-handed weapons? They do take up two hands, but they are more like a pair of weapons.

Don't click on ANY NPC's and just walk to Braverock?

I'm afraid I don't wholly understand. But I have solved the first part of the quest a long time ago and talked to a lot of NPC's in the mean time (solved all Khorad Nur desert quests).

Should I go back and talk to Jac again (getting his "I'm just gonna rest a little while longer" reply) and then head back to Braverock without using any Portals and talking to any person? Or is the quest fubared in this savegame now? I got half of this gist in a post at Wolfe's Lair's forums, but most of the guys there were going "Hurr, Durr why are you playing Single Player?"

... most of the guys there were going "Hurr, Durr why are you playing Single Player?"

Just tell them, "Because that's what I prefer to play right now." In RL, I might tend to use a little stronger language but on a forum that can lead to problems.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. I have noticed the same thing though.

Edited by Spock

Yes, the quest is fubar until you start a new campaign.

Do the Ancaria Campaign until you get to Tyr Fasul following the campaign. Pick up Jaquire, Finish the Main Quest in Tyr Fasul. DO NOT ENTER THE PORTAL.

Take Jaquire out of the woods and do NOT talk to any NPC's until you have gotten to Braverock and accepted the Second Part.

Now, still. Only talk to NPC's related to the Jaquire quest. NOONE ELSE! ^^,

Finish up in Braverock and move on to Mystdale. You are still not allowed to talk to anyone or do any other quests in the meantime. When you find and talk to him for the first time in Mystdale, the bugged part of the quest is done. I have atleast never had any problems after that part.

Hope it helps ^^,

EDIT: I think I misunderstood your problem. In SP you MUST follow the main quest until you are done with the Tyr Fasul part. If not, Jaquire wont let you take him out of the woods.

Edited by Putrescine

As for gauntlets:

Yes, they are dual weapons.

An easy way to check is to use em on a char, and see if you can equip something else, while having the dual wield skill.

But in all fairness... Gauntlets aren't worth it unless you make it a fun-build to only wear the gauntlets.

Great advice all around. :scare2:

I've had dealings with quests getting fubared and follow the same method as Putrescine mentions. If you want something from a particular quest, especially chain quests, then do nothing else otherwise one quest could possibly break some other quest in progress.

I'd have to agree with Prom on the uselessness of gauntlets. There aren't very many that can be found but... There is one type of gauntlet that has great "Chance to find unique items". That can certainly add some fun to the build for a while at least. :)

I have never done the Jaquaire quest chain in single player, but in multiplayer I've had no problems with doing the first part immediately portalling to braverock, where Jacquaire is usually there already and then portalling to Mystdale and wandering around for awhile to have Jacquaire appear.

Dunno if this will help you in SP though

:thumbsup:

~Doom

Crap, I figured something like that. Anyhoo, the char didn't critically need a Finished Prototype. Are there any other "series quests" that has bugs I should be aware of?

Also regarding the gauntlets, I think you are misunderstanding my question. Of course I know they take up both hands and are affected by the Unarmed Combat skill. What I want to know is if they are considered two-handed for the sake of combat arts like Recoil that requires a two-handed weapon.

The True Warrior sequence in Sacred Underworld can get pooched if you sell that Almighty Toothpick. Another one that seems to have issues is the Bounty Hunt quest series. Other than those two, everything is pretty darn stable.