Giles the Librarian

As promised in Xodusness story topic to Sara here's my fave NPC in Sacred 2 thus far. It was the first time I laughed while playing Sacred 2. he's just too funny. Cheers to the dialogue writer's of this one. Ok so I might be a bit biased... Even more funny like Sara mentioned is what your character says in response to Giles. I'm pretty sure it's only the Female characters that respond to his comments though. :)

Anyone else got a fave NPC in game? There's actually quite a lot of great written content in Sacred 2 when taking the time to read it.

P.s.

Oh yeah. He's found on the Seraphim Island and his comments below are from the campaign.

GilesTheLibrarian.jpg

I like baby oil. Never tried scented candles or whipped cream. I might like the former, I don't think the latter is my style :)

I have the name "Little" for a reason, and if you've seen my profile, you'll know it's not my physical age. I always prefer cuteness over sexyness, so Seraphims aren't exactly my style (like me), but then again High Elves and Dryads are not either.

Edited by Little Sara
I like baby oil. Never tried scented candles or whipped cream. I might like the former, I don't think the latter is my style :)

I have the name "Little" for a reason, and if you've seen my profile, you'll know it's not my physical age. I always prefer cuteness over sexyness, so Seraphims aren't exactly my style (like me), but then again High Elves and Dryads are not either.

*Agrees on the baby oils, and assures scented candles are indeed very nice* :-)

To the topic at hand, Giles is da man :)

Edited by Xodusness

I just totally LOVE this guy! :lol:

He reminds me soo much about things happening in the everyday life it's just hillarious and too random to be in a game. Therefore he recieves my 1st price when it comes to NPC awesomeness :D

lol, that's just it. I think more than anything I was just so not expecting an NPC like this while playing the story. I think BOTH me and my character did a double take on this one. :D Is there more text from Giles that I didn't screenshot? I thought there was something more... Oh maybe the log entries.

Pretty good writing I think and punchy. Timing is pretty good with the dialogue. In the words of the great Xodusness. "Giles is da man" :D

P.s.

Very wise, whipped cream... :lol:

• 6 months later...

"Yeah those Seraphim, with their big tii...I..itles, and their nice firm ass..s..stral projections, sure makes it hard to concentrate around here, wouldn't you agree?"

I thought this line that he says was just hilarious... :wow:

"Yeah those Seraphim, with their big tii...I..itles, and their nice firm ass..s..stral projections, sure makes it hard to concentrate around here, wouldn't you agree?"

I thought this line that he says was just hilarious... :wow:

Agreed. ^^

-DJ

Ahaha, yeaah. He was funny.

And then there's the rant about the statue; you can practically see his nose start bleeding at the thought of what he might see now XD;

So true...

I thought this line that he says was just hilarious... :)

It is very true however... If only all women were like that lol

• 4 weeks later...

I thought this line that he says was just hilarious... ;)

It is very true however... If only all women were like that lol

I just got to this part last night and I was chuckling! LMAO thats good stuff.

I think he needs to get out more :o ,but the lines are very funny to me.I almost chocked I was laughing so hard when I read that.--funnier still I know people like that.

If I was 25 and single he would be amusing...But at 45 with a 10 yr old daughter, it changes my thinking drastically :pirate: I always make sure she is nowhere around when I talk to him while doing campaign runs :drunkards:

If I was 25 and single he would be amusing...But at 45 with a 10 yr old daughter, it changes my thinking drastically :D I always make sure she is nowhere around when I talk to him while doing campaign runs :)

I know what you mean. There is a lot in Sacred 2 that amuses me but I wouldn't want my kids to see.

I was playing with my new BFG seraphim last week. I lost most of my low-level relics pieces so she was wearing the celestial belt(not much coverage with that set).

I didn't realize that my 5 year old was standing behind me until she started laughing in my ear. "Daddy, she is naked!" My SW wearing the death warrior set gives my six year olf nightmares.

As for the original subject.....I find Giles somewhat amusing, but not enough to laugh out loud. To paraphrase Eddie Murphy from The Nutty Professor: I'm just keeping it inside....not wishing to express it.

If I was 25 and single he would be amusing...But at 45 with a 10 yr old daughter, it changes my thinking drastically :D I always make sure she is nowhere around when I talk to him while doing campaign runs :)

I Can Just Imagine You Sitting There....

*Watching Screen*

*Sees Librarian.*

*Looks Left, Then Looks Right*

*Clicks On Librarian*

-Jamie.

...But at 45 with a 10 yr old daughter, it changes my thinking drastically :) I always make sure she is nowhere around when I talk to him while doing campaign runs :D

And here at 40 I thought I was old. Thanks for making me feel better. :)