Welcome back to DarkMatters!

Welcome back everyone!

:(

Well, after two days down, we think we have almost won full functionality back with the exception of a few small things. The Mod team has been doing double duty while running through functionalities and, as well, modding the Groove Forum. So a big thanks to everyone, Claire, Katran, Myles... :) .

As well, our two Graphics Gurus, Schot and BHJ have been working hard on getting the new skins in place. Ogame skin has been tightened up by BHJ, with Schot plowing ahead with our massive upgrade to our newMain skin which we hope to see soon.

Smileys are running at a smaller number right now with the huge assortment we had before coming into place when we have a more permanent look.

The real skin will only be added approximately two weeks from now but we think it will be well worth the wait.

For now, we have two temporary skins in place which can found by scrolling down to the bottom left of the Index page and using the skin selector to choose your desired skin.

We currently offer Arobase and Mocha, with Default IPB 2.2 as an option as well.

1-This forum comes with a number of nice new add-ons with the main one being a new Profile Portal Page for all users.

What can you do with this?

It allows extensive options for personalizing, and allows you to visit and leave comments upon another person's profile. All members of this forum here are empowered to moderate all the comments they receive. You can find the options for this in your Portal Controls which allow you to let comments go moderated or not.

What this means is you can monitor and see if you like the comments being made before allowing them to remain within your public profile before being viewed by any others.

The new Portal controls are comprehensive and we'd love to see you all have fun with them.

2-We now offer an export RSS Stream for our busiest section, Sacred. What this means is, from your browser or homepage, you can browse through all the latest top 25 Topic Titles that the entire Sacred section has. If you use Firefox, this is particularly easy whilst using the Live BookMark Software. Directly from your browser you can now browser and see whether there are topics of interest that you like, and then if you do find one that interests you, simply clicking on the title from the drop down will bring you instantly here to our forum where the topic is so that you can read it. With the large number of new Sacred topics that are being discussed here daily, we think that this can help other Sacred Fan Sites and/or interested members tie into the content and read it. The RSS External feed for DarkMatters can be found at the bottom left of our forum's front page and is a small orange button with the words RSS just to the left of the Skin Selector.

rsslocation.gif

For more detailed info please use our guide here.

3-Formatting is slightly different in this forum, but this is a reflection of the temporary skins. Please be patient as our teams work to have the new skins up in place in two weeks and iron out these challenges.

4-View New Posts...DOES NOT WORK: There are a lot of new Posts here for all of you guys to view upon your arrival. The View New Posts does not work the same as it did in the old forum. It's functionality is different and for a busy forum is not all that useful. In our old forum, we had replaced the functionality of View New Posts with another link which you can find at the bottom of this forum called called:

Today's Active Topics.

This was the search function we used in the old forum and which you are used to. It will more effectively find all the posts that have been active today. We hope to have correct View New Posts returned quickly but until then we recommend that you use Today's Active Topics.

We are always open to comments and suggestions regarding this new software and it's implementations on our site. Please add your feelings, comments and constructive suggestions regarding the new us here on this thread. This helps us all get this site into gear better.

Yes the new skins are boring...

Yes it doesn't feel like the old DarkMatters...

But...

We have you, all our friends here back and hope that with everyone's help and energy we can get our site into the best shape possible as quickly as we can.

Thanks for coming back all of you.

And once again...

Welcome to DarkMatters.

:D

gogo

well, I'm not sure to what all those new feats mean, but we will discover and use those I think, more goodies are always welcome. It feels good to be back home ^^

Sylph

And good to have you back Sylph.

Heh, we're offering free eye salve for all survivors of the DarkMatters Groove forum as a welcome back gift.

:cow_white:

gogo

Hey hey everyone. It's good to be back isn't it. :cow_white:

As you can see in Yarasa's topic we worked ourselves to the bone. :cow_white: Though much has changed there is still much more to come as gogo says. I had hoped to complete our new look in the past 2 days but some things just can't be done quickly I'm afraid. The Mocha and Arobase skins are temporary ones so fear not. I realize there are a number of things that need to be tightened up but should you notice something strange please don't hesitate to point it out.

There are a number of pretty cool features that came along with the update like the friends link at the top. Yes, it's true! We now allow you to have friends! In the oh so very cool new profiles you will see an area to the top right which says "Personal Photo". Below that you can see a link that says "Add as friend". POW! Instant friend! Now tell me. Does it get any easier than THAT? haha.

Something that I'm very happy to see is the drop down list of functions you get when you click on someones name while viewing a topic. Has a number of handy links in that one in particular that I use sometimes is "Find Member's Topics". It happens once in a while that I'm looking for a topic that I can't remember the name of but do remember who made it. Who needs a good memory when you've got functions like this. :cow_white:

Have a look around folks. Poke around and see what treats are to be found. It's good to be back and I hope you'll be feeling the same.

Cheers all and I'll be back with some more info. :unsure:

4. are you sure? >_>

To me view new posts seems to be working in the exact same way as before. >_>

Edit:

You added spoiler tags! I wuv you! :P Though you could have used the click-to-show ones. :)