Can anyone here actually run Crysis ?

I mean in all it's full blown glory?

http://www.ea.com/crysis/home.jsp

CRYSIS_WP7_1024x768.jpg

I just keep seeing trailers and videos from this game... It's supposed to be the most graphically intensive game out there. Does anyone here have enough muscle to run it?

And is it worth it?

:pitcher:

gogo

p.s. is number two already out? I was trying to hunt down info and/or videos of it

I tried it. Ran it at 1440x900 with most options set to high on DX9 with my 8800GTS 320MB.

Not in full glory, some stuttering when I went into speed mode and there were bullits & explosions.

Heavy game...

It was a bit like Far Cry. At the time that game came out, there wasn't hardware to display it in full glory.

Apparently, on lower reso's like mine, a 9600GT/8800GT should fare pretty well with crysis.

I am running it at 1024x768 with my gt7950gt at max settings .. goes very smoothly. however once if I try to increase the resolution, the stuttering starts .. id probably have to use a card from the g8 series for that. Its been a while since I played the game, but vaguely remember there was a bug relating to the sound that would affect the overall performance.

Edited by Yaga

I'm so curious about those almost one hundred percent destructible environments. Nothing like being able to redo that scene in predator where the mini-gun flattens an entire forest with bullet spray :pitcher:

It sounds like this is a good meter for me to build my next comp up too...

I'm going to walk in and say...

I want a comp...and it must PWN Crysis

th_cry3.jpg

th_cry2.jpg

th_cry1.jpg

:P

gogo

It sounds like this is a good meter for me to build my next comp up too...

I'm going to walk in and say...

I want a comp...and it must PWN Crysis

I'm sure you'll be able to do that Gogo, but it'll cost you..

Interesting

At this time of technology, how much would it cost about to get a gig that could do it?

:cha (18):

gogo

No idea, but probably somewhere between Lots & Sickeningly Lots.

Dont know what all the fuss is about. :cha (18):

My old Pent 4 with a ATI X800 video card handles the game perfectly.

The only time I notice slow frame rates and choppy gameplay is after I click Play in the main menu. :cha (18):

stubbs

Oh maybe I should pick it up... It sounds like you have a similar system to mine stubbs. Though I'm willing to bet you probably have a better processor. I've got a wimpy 2.6 P4. I'd looove to try it. Looks amazing!

Though I'm willing to bet you probably have a better processor. I've got a wimpy 2.6 P4.

3.2GHz here mate.

If you have a lot of bandwidth you could always try the demo:)

oh and I forgot to mention that all my video settings have to be on low as well :4rofl:

stubbs

Edited by stubbie

Schot that's got to be THE best review I've ever seen. Game Trailers has really come along nicely with their site. They always have the best videos on Sacred 2, and their setup is classy.

Lots of content, great feel for both sides of the game.... though some comments sort of scared me.... a five thousand dollar gig to play it? :) And how the game will slowly grow into it's graphics when more systems can actually play it? I'm not actually now sure that anyone I know can play this beast in full specs

Eep

However...it's nice to know that theres gems out there we can grow into.

:4rofl:

gogo

My new computer could run it on max settings :4rofl:

I think this one can run it on lowest....

but you know the PC version of Assassins creed has higher requirements?

I'll quote them here

* Supported OS: Windows XP or Windows Vista only

* Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel® Pentium® D or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core® 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)

* RAM: 1 GB Windows Xp / 2 GB Windows Vista

* 256 MB DirectX® 10.0-compliant video card or DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list)

* Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)

* DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0 or DirectX 10.0 libraries (included on disc)

* DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive

* Hard Drive Space: 8 GB

* Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

I beat those requirements!

:)

~Doom

Challenge!

Get the demo and try it Tim, I'm curious to know how this goes... is it all about requirements? I was reading about chugging on some beefy systems.

Put it to the test!

:4rofl:

gogo

Challenge!

Get the demo and try it Tim, I'm curious to know how this goes... is it all about requirements? I was reading about chugging on some beefy systems.

Put it to the test!

:D

gogo

As soon as the computer is put together, (should be done within the week, yay!)

:)

~Doom

Runs fine with middle details on my computer and it just looks grate even on middle settings.

I think the engine is very very good optimized! Don't know another engine that can render such graphic on my computer.

My Computer:

AMD Athlon 3200+

2 GB DDR-RAM

GeForce 7800 GS (AGP)

I check the Dell support forum from time to time... the comments there are that Crysis was designed by uber-fanatics who deliberately made it not run at max on current hardware. As noted above it runs well at medium now with decently priced hardware. Opinion is that it'll run at full max on hardware that 1-2 years out.

The question that remains to be seen is whether this strategy will a) keep people playing the game in two years to see if they can run full settings on their future new hardware or b) discourage too many players who can't get full settings and people will quit playing it before the hardware comes out that can fully support it. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see Crysis used as a graphics benchmark for a couple years (use as a benchmark = free publicity = more sales to new players).

I check the Dell support forum from time to time... the comments there are that Crysis was designed by uber-fanatics who deliberately made it not run at max on current hardware. As noted above it runs well at medium now with decently priced hardware. Opinion is that it'll run at full max on hardware that 1-2 years out.

The question that remains to be seen is whether this strategy will a) keep people playing the game in two years to see if they can run full settings on their future new hardware or b) discourage too many players who can't get full settings and people will quit playing it before the hardware comes out that can fully support it. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see Crysis used as a graphics benchmark for a couple years (use as a benchmark = free publicity = more sales to new players).

Very interesting. A game that was designed not to be able to run at max on current systems? What a way to inspire sales A true technology carrot. ^^

:drunkards:

gogo