Found an Awful Bug With Fire High Elf

Hey guys,

Just though I would post this, I didn't see it anywhere in a search;

There is an extremely nasty bug with the fire elves.

Basically, if a player parties with a fire elf, and said fire elf uses, or spams incendiary shower/meteor, the OTHER player cannot move or attack enemies properly, often at all.

If you try to run around while they are casting, your character will kind of 'glitch' around, facing all different directions trying to run, while going virtually nowhere, and the cursor if you try to attack an enemy, while rapidly change icons, from the arrow, to the sword/bow etc, and you cannot right click anything until they STOP casting/spamming meteor.

This is reproducible with any character paired with a fire elf, 100%.

This was unfortunately found, with a real life friend I've recently got into LOVING sacred 2, (he played sacred 1, but only single player) but he made a fire elf, I with a few other chars etc, anyway, we've gotten decently far together, around level 50, and I just can't take it anymore lol.

I cannot move nor attack anything when he starts using meteor, happens with all characters. Also, we tried my shopper fire elf, same thing for him, can't do anything.

So, he is making a dragon mage now, and I a dryad.

Sucks, it completely ruins partying with said elf of fire aspect.

Cheers,

EDIT*

- the player can move with W/S, but still cannot attack.

- this is PC version, expansion all patches closed net.

Edited by r00ster
It happens when anyone uses Incendiary Shower r00, even NPCs, though I've always been able to move (with my mouse), even if my character jiggles around while it happens.

Hrm, I've never had it do this when fighting the earth lord, or the ork shamans, but I believe it definitely could.

Regardless, this is horrible lol.

We have to start all over!

(not that I care, but he sure does...I had a hard enough time talking him into hardcore mode....)

Cheers,

Edited by r00ster
It happens when anyone uses Incendiary Shower r00, even NPCs, though I've always been able to move (with my mouse), even if my character jiggles around while it happens.

Hrm, I've never had it do this when fighting the earth lord, or the ork shamans, but I believe it definitely could.

It may just be friendly NPCs then like the Orcs (blue if you're Light & Red if you're Shadow).

Does this also happen with deactivated camera shake?

I have not tried this, but I will.

Earliest I will be able to test is tommorow night, as he works night shifts and is unavailable till then.

Cheers, and thanks for the hopeful tip!

Nope, deactivating camera shake fixes the problem. I had similar problems when I was playing with Dobri's fire elf and I couldn't target at all until I turned off camera shake

Wich proves that it's a focus problem :D because the game can't decide what you are pointing at when your mouse goes crazy (for the internal system it'll look like that, that the mouse is bouncing around) so it seems to then decide to do the same to you, and act crazy.

Thus it is exactly the same problem when multiple meteors are cast close after eachother, and ending up everywhere. I did suspect this to be happening since I got the meteor problem myself. Now I'm certain. Sloppy screenshake code. It seems to be not just an effect, but effectively move the camera around for a bit, resulting in the pointing at the right thing problem. (It would be somewhat like someone is randomly moving your camera everywhere while playing normally)

Arp.

Edit: typing on a laptop results in loads of typo's >_<

Edited by Arperum

Nope, deactivating camera shake fixes the problem. I had similar problems when I was playing with Dobri's fire elf and I couldn't target at all until I turned off camera shake

Wow. I never realized I've been causing you problems that time - but I kinda got to thinking about it, reading r00's post :D Good thing you found a solution, because in the beginning your TG did look kinda static and I was wondering what was going on. So disabling the camera shake is the way to go!

So disabling the camera shake is the way to go!

Disabling Camera Shake - How ?