43 replies to this topic

#41 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,066 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:44 AM

I'm personally of the opinion that if a S$ were to be made, you must make a S3: The Apology.

Honestly though, this is what's needed! When big companies do wrong, like fast food eateries, walmarts, when people write to them and it goes public, they have their little social media experts write long-worded blah blah letters saying they were sorry and why they felt they had to do it, and why they'll never do it again...

Where's ours?

:mafia:

gogo

#42 Grigoroi

Grigoroi

Polonium Wizard

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Platform:XBOX
  • Gamertag:Your Loving Dad

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:37 PM

As such, Sacred 4 is likely to never see the light of day. There's no justification in a sequel to the sequel because the current game isn't going to sell very well. 

Probably not. And very carefully siad, hopefully not. Not if it'd be done in at all the same fashion.

And yet Two Worlds, an utterly craptacular game was followed by a sequel which was so much of an improvement over the first that for anyone who'd played both the only and most polite response was, "Are you sure you're the SAME company? Are you sure?"

#43 wolfie2kX

wolfie2kX

Cobalt Warrior

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:25 PM

As such, Sacred 4 is likely to never see the light of day. There's no justification in a sequel to the sequel because the current game isn't going to sell very well. 

Probably not. And very carefully siad, hopefully not. Not if it'd be done in at all the same fashion.

And yet Two Worlds, an utterly craptacular game was followed by a sequel which was so much of an improvement over the first that for anyone who'd played both the only and most polite response was, "Are you sure you're the SAME company? Are you sure?"

Amen! No Sacred 4!

LOL, But that IS the way it should be. The 2nd game should be better than the first. 

1.) First game is a weak attempt by programmers to write something.

2.) Should they make any money, the company can afford a better class of programmer either by hiring them or sending the already existing staff to school to learn how to program better. 

This Space For Rent...

No... Seriously...

#44 CapnTucker

CapnTucker

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:47 AM

I was so excited when I first heard that DS was making Sacred 3.  But then was instantly crushed when I found out it wasn't even going to be an ARPG, just a fighting game on rails. This isn't the only game franchise Deep Silver has ruined. They did the same thing with Dead Island. I was all hyped for DI2 untill I found out it won't have a plot or quests, just a multiplayer game where you run around killing zombies.

Luckily Techland is making Dying Light for someone else, and it will be the game DI2 should have been.  Looks like Deep Silver has become the European equivalent  of EA.. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users