Jump to content
Knuckles

Controller for pc

Recommended Posts

Knuckles    875

Just bought a cool game called Ghost of a Tale and found out rather quickly that using a mouse/keyboard isn't a great way to play it. Many actions require stealth and a controller would be much better. Unfortunately I have never used a controller with my pc. I thought about just getting the steam controller but reviews seem mixed.

 

Not sure what my alternatives are so wondering if anyone is using one and might have any recommendations?

 

Oh here's the link for the game

Ghost of a Tale Trailer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lujate    437

I have a Logitech Gamepad F310.  

 

I had a Steam Controller. It was innovative, but I found it weird and didn't like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gogoblender    1,596
8 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Just bought a cool game called Ghost of a Tale and found out rather quickly that using a mouse/keyboard isn't a great way to play it. Many actions require stealth and a controller would be much better. Unfortunately I have never used a controller with my pc. I thought about just getting the steam controller but reviews seem mixed.

 

Not sure what my alternatives are so wondering if anyone is using one and might have any recommendations?

 

Oh here's the link for the game

Ghost of a Tale Trailer

this game looks AMAZING

 

animation is so realistic and the music... the production standards are so high, like something out of the imagination of Disney

:o

 

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gogoblender    1,596

P.S lol, I still only use a Logitech M100 ye old days of Diablo 3 ... wish had good advice 

m100-gallery.png

 

 

:)

 

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hooyaah    1,435
12 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Just bought a cool game called Ghost of a Tale and found out rather quickly that using a mouse/keyboard isn't a great way to play it. Many actions require stealth and a controller would be much better. Unfortunately I have never used a controller with my pc. I thought about just getting the steam controller but reviews seem mixed.

 

Not sure what my alternatives are so wondering if anyone is using one and might have any recommendations?

 

Oh here's the link for the game

Ghost of a Tale Trailer

I have and have used the Afterglow Prismatic Wired Controller; it works with XBox One and Windows. It has lighting and vibration which are both adjustable. I didn't like the vibration (it responds to game action) so I disabled that feature.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Knuckles    875

@ gogo....yeah the animations are beautiful...lot of love went into the world...I haven't gotten far in the game but it seems to be a lot of stealth involved and story-driven....once I get the controller I'll comment more on game in game forum.

 

@  lujate and Hooyaah....anything you really like or dislike about your controllers? And what was the biggest reason you disliked the steam one luj?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lujate    437

My current F310 is a serviceable controller, but IMO doesn't have any extraordinary traits (good or bad).

 

In the Steam Controller, they moved the face buttons down. Rather then being right under my thumb, I had to reach down for them. In the place where the buttons should be was a touch pad that replaced the right thing stick. I had trouble with using that in lieu of the thumb stick. Overall, console games are my thing and years of muscle memory rebelled against these changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hooyaah    1,435
2 hours ago, Knuckles said:

@ gogo....yeah the animations are beautiful...lot of love went into the world...I haven't gotten far in the game but it seems to be a lot of stealth involved and story-driven....once I get the controller I'll comment more on game in game forum.

 

@  lujate and Hooyaah....anything you really like or dislike about your controllers? And what was the biggest reason you disliked the steam one luj?

It's difficult to comment about something that is so relatively new to me, as I have never played XBox or PlayStation. I  have always been a keyboard jockey, but I got used to the controller quickly. I wasn't thrilled with the complicated array of gyrations and button sequences needed for jumping long distances or the rumble feature which is responsive to game-play. However, there is a way to map commands to a multi-function wheel and to disable "rumbling."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Delta!    409

Logitech does have very good controllers, I bought Mortal Kombat X for Alex for his Bday last year, and we played it on the keyboard, but could not play 2 player. Then I extended on his bday present and got him 2 logitech F710 wireless controllers. they each just have a little dongle that you plug into a USB port

 

so far we are both very happy.

 

image.png.4af689e93ab0d4f690961c7462232d08.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lujate    437
1 minute ago, Delta! said:

Logitech does have very good controllers, I bought Mortal Kombat X for Alex for his Bday last year, and we played it on the keyboard, but could not play 2 player. Then I extended on his bday present and got him 2 logitech F710 wireless controllers. they each just have a little dongle that you plug into a USB port

 

so far we are both very happy.

 

image.png.4af689e93ab0d4f690961c7462232d08.png

I think that's the wireless equivalent to my F310.  I have one, but didn't like the extra weight from the batteries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Knuckles    875

Appreciate the feedback guys...ty :)

How's the battery life on the Logitech controller? And if I go wireless, is it a good idea to buy the rechargeable battery packs or just go with regular batteries? Sorry for all the little questions, but I only want to buy this once. (I must have gone through 5-6 mice before being happy with a $20 Logitech one and I'd rather not  repeat that experience with the controller)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spock    203

I have a Logitech F310 and wouldn't have a wireless controller. I hate having batteries die on me at the most inopportune time ...

I also have a Logitech G900 mouse for my iMac and am thinking about purchasing another for my PC. It's both wireless and wired. The rechargeable battery inside isn't all that heavy and gives me about 32 hours of real use out of a charge with all the bells and whistles turned off. A little notification pops up in the upper right corner of the screen when the battery level reaches 30% and I can just plug in the charging cable and keep right on using it as a wired mouse as the battery charges back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×