Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

47 minutes ago, chattius said:

These apps are funny. I needed 21minute for 6km's, my brother 6 minutes. When I did the way he was running I needed 10 minutes with my monkey legs but he needed 24 minutes on the 6 km's I was doing: cross country, uphill downhill, climbing and pushing branches away....

lol they are! Its taking me forever to get it right...but im finally making some improvements in  my stride and feel the healthiness coming on.  I got some great data to share, Ill put up a health +steak + and veggies topic today

:D

gogo

• 4 months later...

And, just like that... Mom's gone.

But not before she had a chance to visit Ammamma at St. George's on her way to the airport to drop off some flowers, hugs and even cry a few tears.

How did I get to deserve these two classy, elegant ladies. A toast to Moms, the miracle of our lives.

momtod2.jpg

momtod.jpg

3 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

Good to see the forum still here! I've been away for a little while with the birth of my daughter a month ago - babies sure take up a lot of your free time!

bravo DB! I saw your announcement on FB, she's absolutely adorable! you'll have to show her Sacred 2 soon!

gogo

19 hours ago, gogoblender said:

bravo DB! I saw your announcement on FB, she's absolutely adorable! you'll have to show her Sacred 2 soon!

gogo

Thanks Gogo :)

We think she's pretty dang cute too, but will admit that we're a little biased!!

3 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

Thanks Gogo :)

We think she's pretty dang cute too, but will admit that we're a little biased!!

DB do you surf? I know youre a huge sports fan (tennis!) but will surfing come up?

:)

gogo

On 9/14/2021 at 10:55 AM, gogoblender said:

DB do you surf? I know youre a huge sports fan (tennis!) but will surfing come up?

gogo

No, I don't surf. However, where we live is right near the ocean in a popular surfing area so bubs may end wanting to some day in the future

• Like! 1

Surfing... the husband of our oldest studies bridge engineering. His master thesis is about surfing....

More and more young people attach bungee ropes to a bridge and surf. But there are risks: under water vortices or rocks, no rescue road along the river,.. So he works on designs how new bridges or bridges which have to be repaired can be made more safe for surfing, while still doesn't affect waterflow, bridge stability and nature too much.

Luckily our village bridge is a test object. Not too big, but very safe for kids learning surfing.

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...
On 9/17/2021 at 3:58 AM, chattius said:

Surfing... the husband of our oldest studies bridge engineering. His master thesis is about surfing....

More and more young people attach bungee ropes to a bridge and surf. But there are risks: under water vortices or rocks, no rescue road along the river,.. So he works on designs how new bridges or bridges which have to be repaired can be made more safe for surfing, while still doesn't affect waterflow, bridge stability and nature too much.

Luckily our village bridge is a test object. Not too big, but very safe for kids learning surfing.

The physics of what you wrote about just *clicked* for me and I see it. Off hand, would this not be something that the Police would stop upon seeing?

gogo

Just got back from  Ammamma's place, her residence in Plateau Mont Royale. My Aunt and uncle told me to pick up the gift they had left for me.  They are both excellent cooks and my aunt knows about my weakness for marmalade (ahahah, i know weird right :lol: ). She had cooked two different types with canteloupe, with larger pieces, one with pineapple! Can hardly wait to get some good bread to try them out.  I used to HATE marmelade when I was a kid as my dad would kind of force us to eat it and the bitter taste and smell of it, all those orange pieces and chewy texture...blech... alas, oh  the irony.. its the only jam I really eat these days

:4rofl:

gogo

IMG_6037.jpg

IMG_6046 Copy.jpg

• 4 months later...

Pulling up the bar here with the gang for a morning espresso... Bixi MOntreal is back...here for the summah! Took it out for a test drive and dropped some donuts off at Ammamma's residence for the nurses... sugar coma

IMG_8468.jpgIMG_8467.jpg

IMG_8469.jpgIMG_8471.jpg

Ahhhh, Sundays!!

These are get up and wake up and just laze around in a coffee store.  There's a Starbucks close by me but we never frequent much, tooooo expensive...but I got some Starbucks GC for my bday from him and so we indulged... two lattes and two slices of lemon cake 20 bux??? pfft soon a this coupons over well be back to brewing me home stuff soon...but in the mean time...theres a toffee nut, whip cream monstrosity in front waiting to be absorbed.

Morning everyone, drink up!!
IMG_8692.jpg

• 2 months later...

Alloooo loves and hugs ... back from an awesome family vacay.. barbados for old family friends 25th wedding renewal sooooo many flight cancellations, we lost two days out of our seven that we had planned since 2020 :eek: with a bride crying in TO airport our little gang of seven  (there was about 30 at the wedding) was able to remade new connections with our family having to sleep on the floor in Miami airport with the only flight going to Barbados from there with a 12 hours sleep on the floors... :lol: ... stormy weather all week, but somehow we soldered through, and then to make it all perfect, half of us got covid on the way back, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. ahhh, we been tempered and ready for another vacay next year... looks like our vacay was so close to the borders opening up that it just gambled against too many odds...still nothing beats memories, and our fam did awesome...and the food...best food EVER

IMG_0100.jpgIMG_0221.jpgIMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0239.jpgIMG_0208 Copy.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_9979.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Vishanka said:

Maybe I'll draw more leafy grass for that place or I'll take a look on google what kind of stuff would grow in a place like this.

The original plant, I don't know what's it supposed to be. Leafy stuff.

Maybe some real life images?

Most beautiful place where I live imho::smile:
UJ400Yd.jpeg

So you believe in aliens?:lindor:
zmF98wo.jpeg

A flower I've never seen before - and never saw afterwards. Till today I still don't know what kind of plant it is:wow:
sW4h4kp.jpeg

• Like! 1

Looks like a single blossom upside down. So it is not necessarly from this place, could be a humanmade garden flower because nature prefers more simple blossoms. But it could also be a mushroom, given the ground,

---

A few days ago I was lucky, got the digital camera of my wife with me and stumpling into a purple emperor butterfly. Not so lucky was that it was a female and sitting in the wrong direction to the sun.

So I got this, 600mm handhold. I could have used the flash but I hate flashing animals. And as allways, you prepare for doing photos of the red kite nest 100m from the house and as sure as hell, the interesting animal you find is an insect.

Schillerfalter.thumb.JPG.8d94a00dc8082318d83d153b03a5c39a.JPG

Wiki picture is what made its german name, Grosser Schillerfalter, Great iridescence butterfly

But you can see why it is the purple emperor, and that the angle to the sun affects in a big way the colour of its wings.

1024px-Purple_emperor_(Apatura_iris)_mal

I made me a flash diffusor last week, but now are summer breaks and the twins are on animal hunt with it. It will probably end with a demand for a more powerful radio controlled flash.

School project about the vanishing of insects. But we have still alot of them.

• Like! 1
On 7/28/2022 at 4:32 AM, chattius said:

Looks like a single blossom upside down. So it is not necessarly from this place, could be a humanmade garden flower because nature prefers more simple blossoms. But it could also be a mushroom, given the ground,

---

A few days ago I was lucky, got the digital camera of my wife with me and stumpling into a purple emperor butterfly. Not so lucky was that it was a female and sitting in the wrong direction to the sun.

So I got this, 600mm handhold. I could have used the flash but I hate flashing animals. And as allways, you prepare for doing photos of the red kite nest 100m from the house and as sure as hell, the interesting animal you find is an insect.

Schillerfalter.thumb.JPG.8d94a00dc8082318d83d153b03a5c39a.JPG

Wiki picture is what made its german name, Grosser Schillerfalter, Great iridescence butterfly

But you can see why it is the purple emperor, and that the angle to the sun affects in a big way the colour of its wings.

1024px-Purple_emperor_(Apatura_iris)_mal

I made me a flash diffusor last week, but now are summer breaks and the twins are on animal hunt with it. It will probably end with a demand for a more powerful radio controlled flash.

School project about the vanishing of insects. But we have still alot of them.

I appreciate this!

On face book lately theres been a kind of butterfly meme about monarchs now in danger of extinction... they used to light up the skies in days of old with their famous migration and now cuz of pesticides and environmental diminishment they are in danger.

that camera is a gem Chattius, I've seen a few of your photos in the forums and they are always a detailed treat

And...gosh forgot I was in the cafe here...gooood moooooooooooorning sir and DarkMatters!

gogo

We have a few butterflies which fly to Africa in winter. Storms while over the mediterran can do great harm to the population.

Other reasons are not pestizides but farm dying. The farms have to grew in size to survive. So it is more monoculture now. Luckily we have some Feierabendbauern (people who work their small farms after their normal work at a factory is done). They do their many different plants and trees mainly for their family and relatives, a bit bigger than my farmland but WAY smaller than a farm needs to survive.

Some people working for state national parks have studied it but have no farm or ranger background. For example the forest ant is endangered and protected, but an anthill has no insects in a 10 metres radius. They do metal nets on the hills to protect them from woodpeckers. The nature park 20 kilometres away has an anthill nearly every 20 metres. That leaves no room for insects. I have 4 forest-ant-hills protected with nets as a backup to build new hills if needed and the rest is darwinism with natural enemies: woodpeckers, badgers, ...

This butterfly was feeding at one of my 'waste water clearing ponds' and shot by our youngest for their school project. The plants are used to filter heavy metals from the water. Once a year they are cut and brought to a bio gas company. While this is done a reserve pond is used.

Falter.JPG

• Appreciation 1
On 8/2/2022 at 3:33 AM, chattius said:

We have a few butterflies which fly to Africa in winter. Storms while over the mediterran can do great harm to the population.

Other reasons are not pestizides but farm dying. The farms have to grew in size to survive. So it is more monoculture now. Luckily we have some Feierabendbauern (people who work their small farms after their normal work at a factory is done). They do their many different plants and trees mainly for their family and relatives, a bit bigger than my farmland but WAY smaller than a farm needs to survive.

Some people working for state national parks have studied it but have no farm or ranger background. For example the forest ant is endangered and protected, but an anthill has no insects in a 10 metres radius. They do metal nets on the hills to protect them from woodpeckers. The nature park 20 kilometres away has an anthill nearly every 20 metres. That leaves no room for insects. I have 4 forest-ant-hills protected with nets as a backup to build new hills if needed and the rest is darwinism with natural enemies: woodpeckers, badgers, ...

This butterfly was feeding at one of my 'waste water clearing ponds' and shot by our youngest for their school project. The plants are used to filter heavy metals from the water. Once a year they are cut and brought to a bio gas company. While this is done a reserve pond is used.

Falter.JPG

what... a ..capture... unbelievable detail 

good eye AND good equipment 

:heart:

gogo

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

what... a ..capture... unbelievable detail 

good eye AND good equipment 

:heart:

gogo

Thanks, I am lucky that the kids walk through nature with open senses.

Spending some of the money planed for a summer travel into photo and sport equipment. Grewing up in an optic town I sometimes have luck at sales direct from factory.

Most useful is a monocular. It is able to magnify distant hills by 8, but slso blossoms and insects as close as 30cm. Ideal for spotting before building up the camera equipment.

Produkt_1000x1000_MO_MS_8x25_Hand_800x80

• Like! 1

Morning everyone! Back to work! Feeling fit and chippy :lol:  Trying to get back to my old routine with a run in the morning (ha, lately was a brisk walk :lol: ) ...and omelettes, lots of cheese and fruits... have a beauty day, cold here in MTL ... 16 degrees..had to wear a couple of T Shirts :lol: 

C0E2D263-F64E-47E9-8A84-E8ADFF563660.jpgIMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

Animals = animals +1

Since our oldest cat is really old she was retired from the guardian of the barn job and moved to the waiting room of my wife. Old people like to stroke her for a relaxing purring while waiting for treatment.

The new is a female siberian forest cat / main coon mix from the animal shelter. She is way to active, shy and BIG for in house with families and got no new home in over half a year. So we decided that the barn guardian job may be nice for her,

8th of August is Weltkatzentag (International Cat Day) after all. I allways thought it would be international day of the Chattius but my wife says it is for other cats :)

• Like! 1
13 hours ago, chattius said:

Animals = animals +1

Since our oldest cat is really old she was retired from the guardian of the barn job and moved to the waiting room of my wife. Old people like to stroke her for a relaxing purring while waiting for treatment.

The new is a female siberian forest cat / main coon mix from the animal shelter. She is way to active, shy and BIG for in house with families and got no new home in over half a year. So we decided that the barn guardian job may be nice for her,

8th of August is Weltkatzentag (International Cat Day) after all. I allways thought it would be international day of the Chattius but my wife says it is for other cats :)

I know those cats yer talking about...they are HUGE... they're the big thing now for "getting"... oh pleeeeeeeze tell me one of your kids took a pic... we'll have to leave some milk in a dish at the key largo bar tonight

:lujate:

gogo

Not full grown up yet. 7-8 month. One of the twins waved a rope with a fake bird to awake interest, and the other took a photo. The next moment there was a big jump to the bird.

She has some of the typical forest cat: intelligent look, big pranks, long fur and nice colours. The white feet and breast seem to be from the maine coone. Can't see the triangle face because she looks up ready for attack. Her back fur isn't really sharp because she was rolling it to line up with the front before jumping, claws already out. Hope there are better pics when she is used to us.

Our older norwegian forest cat was a big hunter of not endemic gray squirrels. Our other cat tried to pursuit a squirrel which spiraled a tree up, the forest cat was frightening the squirrel and jumped up the tree and was waiting for the squirrel.

Now with most of the graw ones gone the smaller reds have a chance to come back.

MCSFC.jpeg

• Appreciation 1
On 8/9/2022 at 2:38 AM, chattius said:

Not full grown up yet. 7-8 month. One of the twins waved a rope with a fake bird to awake interest, and the other took a photo. The next moment there was a big jump to the bird.

She has some of the typical forest cat: intelligent look, big pranks, long fur and nice colours. The white feet and breast seem to be from the maine coone. Can't see the triangle face because she looks up ready for attack. Her back fur isn't really sharp because she was rolling it to line up with the front before jumping, claws already out. Hope there are better pics when she is used to us.

Our older norwegian forest cat was a big hunter of not endemic gray squirrels. Our other cat tried to pursuit a squirrel which spiraled a tree up, the forest cat was frightening the squirrel and jumped up the tree and was waiting for the squirrel.

Now with most of the graw ones gone the smaller reds have a chance to come back.

MCSFC.jpeg

a Beeeeeeeeeeeyewt!! I can see why you love these cats, what a masterpiece

:gogo:

gogo

It is something strange: you have to pay hundreds or thousands of dollar for a pure breed. But mixes, which are often more healthy and interesting, stay unwanted at animal shelters.

But sometimes the point system what is wanted at a pet race changes. Former times lower rear legs at our Leonbergers were wanted and a lion-like shape. Now for animal health reasons the breeding goals changed and our unwanted Leo's suddenly found themself in top 3 at an animal show.

I never went for look, I was choosing for health, intelligence and how they behaved to kids. I wanted them as water rescue dogs and bodyguards for daughters when living mid in a forest.

• Like! 1