Bargaining Shoppper - How to Build, Best Method?

I have a few questions about "shoppers"...

I've gathered that there are different types of shoppers, but I'm trying to understand the use of the Bargaining skill in each. Does a Shopper mean that you keep the character at a determined level so you can shop gear at that level? I know merchants only sell stuff around your level so I guess that'd make sense, but it seems like it'd be hard to get the bargaining up if you're sticking with a low level shopper.

Then what about keeping and using Bargaining on a character you're planning on leveling up all the way? Is it better to level Bargaining up early to benefit you earlier, or is it best to wait and focus on your fighting skills? I'm fairly unfamiliar with all of this.

My Wife has a HE that has bargaining with just a handful of points in it. So far I haven't noticed anything really good at the merchants so I don't want to give her the wrong advice regarding that skill.

It helps if you play on at least Silver difficulty.

My Seraphim took Bargaining as her second skill.

I levelled up a whole lot until I had at least 10 skill points to spend.

First stop, Enhanced Perception with 5 points.

Then, Bargaining.

From there on out, I always ensured I had my Bargaining skill maxed out with points. This was ALWAYS the level the character was. From there, I enhanced it with armour that had either "+ Bargaining" or "+ All Skills" on it, as well as the Relics you find - if you have 6 Relics with +2 Bargaining, thats an instant +12 boost.

If you manage to keep your total Bargaining total at LEAST double your character level, you will find some unbelievable things at merchants. Exceed more than double, and you will find lightsabers.... oh yes.

As for my character, I then took Sword Weapons, Dual Wield, Armour Lore, Exalted Warrior Focus and Concentration as my next skills, and at level 27, I'm pretty much unstoppable. As I can find the best weapons and armour, I'm tooled up to buggery, and with my points split between Bargaining and EWF, I'm a shopping psycho who can unleash Pelting Strikes once ever 2.2 seconds. :drinks:

I'm taking Tactics Lore next, not too sure what to take from there, but I'm looking at a pretty decent build here. Not perfect, but damn close.

Edited by Blokeymon

I got the idea of a Bargainer's Network from Schot, and started a topic about it here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...&hl=network

The network is worth it's weight in gold. I hardly ever choose utility skills for any of my new toons now, since all new created toons have access to my network at differing levels all the way to level one hundred.

Create your bargaining suit asap, and invest as much time into it as you can. You want the Bargaining skill to be about three time your level and this would include points as well as what you can get from your suit.

Later on, three times your level won't be enough to get only yellow rares when shopping, but it'll still be able to keep you well dressed ^^

Good luck

:drinks:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Heya,

the Bargainer, and blacksmith are used to buy and create better gear... for other characters too. On the PC version, they are taken to Niob by other characters, where bonusses on items are even better. On console that would be difficult.

Having Bargainers at certain levels will help characters in that way, that you can buy them gear at different levels. Bargainers get better offers at stores, so that gear is generally better.

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

The only way they benefit your other characters is by being able to buy equipment for them, and then trade it via shared stash, or with help from other players.

your other characters won't find better stuff because your seraphim has bargaining.

level 150ser with 125 hard points into bargaining with total at 630 bargaining

some of the interesting things I have found include helmet with 150armor experience per kill 20%stacked on EPmod experience perkill based off EP which is another 25% with 2 gold sockets which have 2 rings I also bought that have 10.5%experience per kill for the grand total of 71%experience per kill off just my helmet

bought a dual leech ring with 77 life leech 1.8regen/hit.sec

bought amulet with 11 all skills 11 combat arts

19 all skills amulet

elbows w/ +18all skills and a gold slot and 50%dmg

wings 2 gold slots and 19 all skills

etc etc etc

keep bargaining capped and try too stack as much all skils general skills bargaining into your shopper

currently workin on a sw with blacksmithing to 150, @ 80 now, waitin for the day they fix blacksmithing

I make a shopper up to 75 for every available character just to get the EP gear for experience per kill, choose EP with every character and put EP at 75 hard points for the free chunk of valuefind

doesnt hurt my pvp builds couse I never loose but usually tie

and speeds the crap outa findin good gear and lvln rediculously fast

I was just wondering if one of my chars has a level 10 barganing and im playing on a different one woud the character without the barganing still get the benefits?

No. Only the character with it.