Mentor Potions

I've been playing for a few hundred hours combined now, and recently I have not been able to get any mentor potions to drop. Even when I play on coop with my brother he can pick up 50-75 of them to my 2. full health potions are running out of my ears but for every 75 health I might find 1 mentor. I've tried with different toons on both silver and gold level. Tried to have some in my bag thinking if you have some available some may drop. Even tried to use them thinking if their in use more may drop. Nothing. My brother can go into the Orc cave and get 2-3 every trip in all I get is health. Tried to hunt the kobolds thinking that's where I used to get them the most and still nothing. Had my first death on gold at level 55 with my seraphim DW and since then I've had this issue. Anyone out there help?

Almost exactly this has happened to me too. My TG goes around looking for mentor pots because he uses them regularly and finds none, while my HE who barely uses them at all ends up with hundreds. Incredibly bad luck or something else? :)

I'm on a dry spell to lately.

:)

Mentor pots are almost like their own currency. In fact, I think that them and Legendarys are just about the only thing that's really valuable in the game and very very rare. It would be wonderful to have a few thousand of them and run an entire build at the experience bonus they confer.

We could probably build an entire economy around mentor pots.

gogo

There used to be a theory, according to it mentor pots were dropping less from level 40-60 monsters. Perhaps try to kill lower or higher level mobs. However, killing low-level stuff will be less profitable since you're missing out on the experience that you could get simply by farming the regular mobs.

Hello, I'm Dobri. Have you ever had the problem of running out of mentor pots and just can't find some anywhere? Well, try my Orc cave today and forget about all your mentor pots troubles!

Don't believe me? Just ask one of my many satisfied clients, the level 146 [D.a.r.k] Doblas [Dobri] how well it works!

(char)

- Hello, my name is Doblas, I'm a Buffer Shadow Warrior and I have been hunting exclusively in the Orc Cave from level 57 upwards. Not only that let me gain fast 89 levels with a mentor pot always running but it also allowed me to stock on over 700 mentor pots and even share some of them with my little friends Taerima, Par'Vakh, Dobrth Sidius and Lord Doblas! Thank you Dr. Greenthumb... whoops, sorry... Dobri! You're da sh*t!!

Yes! The Orc Cave's got it all. I guarantee it. Try the guide and you'll have plenty of mentor pots in no time. Available right at your fingertips on this topic:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10049 or dial 1-713-WEED... ummm... sorry... 1-800-MENTORPOT!

(is it me, or mentor pots are the narcotic in Sacred 2? :P )

Edited by Dobri

They are, Dobri. Far as I'm concerned, there's just about nothing more valuable that drops in Sacred 2. A billion gold... most of us just laugh at it these days. 100 Mentor Pots? That will ALWAYS turn heads. It's the closest thing that the game has to a "gold" currency.

lol, in fact we were thinking of running contests and offering 1000 mentor pots to the winner...they mean that much in HC.

Antitrust, I hear you on the low levelling for the mentor pots. I was actually doing that with a Dryad. I'd have her grab as many mentors as possible in lowbie levels then send them up to Platinum where they're worth a king's ransom.

:P

gogo

One thing I have noticed is that the more potions I got in my inventory the more they drop (well I guess it's just a coincident, but who knows?).

A place that's great for finding potions is around the mini boss Raging Boar/Wild Boar (in the woods between Trallheim Manor and Black Oaks)

• 2 weeks later...

When I first started playing the game I must have stocked up on about 90 potions of mentor without even realizing what they were. Now that I am aware of the great use these badboys are, I cant seem to find hardly any....Is there an area where farming these is better place than others?

In S1 there was a mod on equipment that caused more potions to drop... by that I just assumed it meant all types of potions.

Haven't encountered that mod on any equipment.

I can only suggest fighting monsters at your character level or above... because drops are nerfed if you fight something too weak.

Anyone else?

Quests in the human lands seem to commonly give me potions of mentor (or I have been on one heck of a lucky streak)

Also I seem to find less potions of the mentor in later areas compared to earlier areas in the game (again maybe my own luck)

This has seemed to be consistent through a number of characters in a number of difficulties.

light mentors rarely drop after 40 like someone here said, but then at 60, regular mentors drop profusely

at 110[you can quote me on this], strong mentors drop. I've paid extra special scrutiny when it comes to the cut off points so I know when to stock up. I've had one instance across 5 characters...162, 150, 150, 150, 128 where a single strong mentor dropped at 108. otherwise, you can bet your money that they will appear at 110, so much so that as soon as you make that 110 level, you'll see them drop

normally, by the time I hit 110, I have on average 300 regular mentors[constant use from level 60+] and they don't run out until level 130~, whereupon I should have nearly 400+ strong.

a tip I can give you is to kill animals, since their drop tables do not allow for equipment, they borrow from other tables, so you'll usually find double or triple gold drops[identical amounts], more runes, potions[of all kinds].

Alchemy: Mentors lasting several minutes. The cave Dobri mentioned is enough to get my supply of mentors and trollteeth for higher attack value, experience and items. I replaced all my sockets I filled to increase hit chance with experience ones if I hunt just in the cave. Enough trollteeth and mentors to level quickly.

My melee elf has bargaining, alchemy and perception, but no weapon lore.

If you have too much time to think at work, but can't play: Think of the most craziest characters and how to make them playable. I don't want to waste my time with characters others played already. But it becomes harder and harder to create unique characters.

Weapon less Kungfu Dryads, Horse soldiers, melee elves without a weapon skill, a dryad who will have every 15 combat arts fully modified and reached level 141 hardcore now, .... But in 9 month playing sacred I had only time to test elves and dryads by now. Half a year per character class and 1-2 AddOns should fill the gap till sacred3.

a tip I can give you is to kill animals, since their drop tables do not allow for equipment, they borrow from other tables, so you'll usually find double or triple gold drops[identical amounts], more runes, potions[of all kinds].

Ah ha!

nice info ^^

Does this apply to Turtles as well? I'd always wondered if it was my imagination or not thinking that turtles always seemed to have a good number of Mentor drops.

Do you think this is what is happening?

I've been liking the Poison Lord island lately. Turtles are sweet killing ^^

gogo

It feels like it does Gogo as all I get off the ones in swamp is gold or Potions, but the experience is worth it - they give about same as a regular werewolf, and about half a champion. I am looking forward to that island (If you cannot guess, I play Single player only, though I could go there via free mode).

I always have mentor potions, they generally out number every other pot type by a large degree, I will sell almost anything compared to mentor potions.

I have about 2 months of free time starting next Friday, I might look at closed in that time.

Ah ha!

nice info ^^

Does this apply to Turtles as well? I'd always wondered if it was my imagination or not thinking that turtles always seemed to have a good number of Mentor drops.

Do you think this is what is happening?

I've been liking the Poison Lord island lately. Turtles are sweet killing ^^

gogo

correct

turtles are counted as wild animals when you hover other their sprite. also, you will never find a piece of equip from them no matter how hard you try.

Update to my mentor drop woes. .... I play on the 360 and I found that if I'm on a dry spell for drops being mentor or set pieces I'll turn my console off and restarted it. I've found that when I do this the drops start filling my bags again. So far it's worked most every time.

Just kill some ANIMALS

They drop mentors alot.

So does kobolds.

I usually go to the Boar as level 8, then kill there till level 15.

This usually makes me from 100 -200 mentors all chars.

This trick makes me enough mentors to ding level 60 FAAAAST.

So nice ^^

Especially since I hate safe & therefore die some ;)

You are basicly looking to kill any type animal champ, they drop so nice mentor rate :4rofl:

Edited by D-molisher

I've noticed the dry spell of mentor pots between level 50 - 60 as well. I have tried restarting and so forth with little to know help. I struggle through those last 10 levels and then as soon as I hit 60 the flood gates open up and the new larger pots start to rain down. Luckily with the shared chest you can farm pots from a higher character (or lower) and just use those until the mentor pot fast ends.