You'll still be playing sacred for...

Hey,

Just a question, by curiosity for all players :

How long do you think still playing sacred 2, knowing there will be no more patch ?

- -6 months

- +6 months

- free answer

:(

And, sorry for the title... no imagination today. ^^

Edited by Woody

Wow I usually play a game until the challenges are gone. Fallout 3 lasted a couple months, Fable 2 was a couple months. So far Chromehounds and Forza2 have been my longest running games. These were all XBOX games in the last 3 years. I see the challenge of building a successful level 200 niob Char lasting a very long time.

Not sure why the question has to be restricted to PC only so out of natural defiance and rebellion I'm going to answer anyway!

I'll probably be playing the console version for at least another year. I have a Gamefly account so whenever I'm waiting for my next game to come I spend my time playing either Sacred 2, Hardwood Spades or Puzzle Quest.

Loco if you haven't tried Puzzle Quest yet I'm definitely recommending it. It's in the Arcade, costs about 800 MS points to get the full version with Challenge of the Warlord add-on. It's like some crazy mix between Bejeweled and an RPG, very deep combat system for a puzzle game and the constant upgrading of your character makes it very addicting. Nearly 9000 people, including myself, have given it an overall 4.5/5 rating for good reason.

Edited by Numerii
Not sure why the question has to be restricted to PC only so out of natural defiance and rebellion I'm going to answer anyway!

I'll probably be playing the console version for at least another year. I have a Gamefly account so whenever I'm waiting for my next game to come I spend my time playing either Sacred 2, Hardwood Spades or Puzzle Quest.

Loco if you haven't tried Puzzle Quest yet I'm definitely recommending it. It's in the Arcade, costs about 800 MS points to get the full version with Challenge of the Warlord add-on. It's like some crazy mix between Bejeweled and an RPG, very deep combat system for a puzzle game and the constant upgrading of your character makes it very addicting. Nearly 9000 people, including myself, have given it an overall 4.5/5 rating for good reason.

sounds cool. I loved Portal too. Played on my gamefly copy of Orange Box. then bought the download on Marketplace. Really makes you think and use imagination to solve the puzzles

I'm still playing because of all the possibilities that this game has to offer.

Like gogo said (he said it a few times), I see the game as a huge sandbox to create our very own characters.

Of all the aRPGs I played, I think Sacred 2 is the game that offers the most character possibilities. And that's why I love it.

I like to go in the Guides Forum here and read about each player's perspective about the characters they play. I see several ways (that are often really diffrent) of playing the very same character. When I play with their characters, it often feels like I'm playing a completely new game. For example, I was playing a hybrid Inquisitor. He had his strengths/weaknesses and his own playstyle. Right now, I'm playing with a Magic Seraphim, and it feels totally different (I don't play in the same areas, I pick my skills differently, I changed my playstyle), and this is what I like about Sacred 2. That's how I see this game.

Max

I'll be playing Sacred 2 for a loooong time now. I don't tire quickly of games in general. When I buy a game it's because I intend to play it for at least a year. With Sacred I find it's even longer than normal. Just so many things to try in it and I haven't even tried the Seraphim, Dryad or Inquisitor yet. Lots to do! ^^

Heya,

good to hear Brad :)

I still have the Shadow Warrior and Inquisitor classes open... also a DM to play over level 45.... so lots of opportunities :blink:

Tho first I want a level 200 shopper :D

Greetz

Well, we will definitely be playing this game for a while, as we want to finish the Wiki :twitch: It's a good hobby, and it's still missing hundreds of images for enemies, spelling corections... heh, list goes on.

But, I am playing Sacred because it's mostly relaxing. I come home from work, I sit down...and with Sacred comes you guys. I get to hear about your adventures in the forum, get to play with y'all, blow off steam killing stuff :oooo: Game's also really cheap as well. Graphics will hold for a good bit longer at least, and Sacred 2's persistant world, with HC thrills and spills still holds me in place.

I think a lot of offerings out there are high blasts of sugar coated confectionary that feel good when you're eating away at it like Halloween Candy..but a wee while later, lack of depth makes it's way apparent, and you're left looking for more.

Because we have chosen to invest a lot of time into a community, forum, group interests, the time we spend is time spent getting to know "people" and peeps is the ultimate key drivers for anything.

Ultimately, most interesting thing in the land.

:D

gogo

This game still has a lot to offer to me.....I've yet to explore well some areas, to find a lot of cool items, to answer a lot of questions and to try a lot of builds :explode:

So.....I think I'll play it for a looooong time

Edited by Immali

Thanks for all the answers ! :crazy:

Funny thing, I ask something but I don't answer myself. :explode:

So, I think +1 year, lot of builds to try, and of course 1 char to level 200 to do...

Want to try builds :

-> 3 HE builds Pyromancer/Storm/Melee

-> Totem Dryad & INT/Staff Dryad Ice and Blood version

-> Shadow Warrior Area of Effect 2h-Hafted

Legendary / Good items hunting all the way... of course !

Lots of hours of playing/trading in perspective. :twitch:

Well, only playing for a couple of months (3 if you include "rentals" - I try before I buy!) and I anticipate playing this for a long time.

Or until the bugs make me throw my controller thru the screen. :explode:

Slowly learning the system... quite different than a lot of RPG's I've played in the past, as far as the Combat Arts are concerned, anywho.

I've almost got my understanding of pure melee characters finished, then it's on to a High Elf pure caster... then I'll tackle a hybrid or specialty build (ie. enraged player build, or a Divine-Devotion based toon) when I am more comfortable with the game.

OR>>>> Until Sacred 3 is released on Console. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

No rentals for that would be needed! :twitch:

Scott

I think I'm pretty much done with this game. After finishing niob I didn't feel like there was anything challenging left to do. It felt tedious after that. I do like this community though so I will say hi from time to time. Wish there were more active discussion of other games too. Currently playing Dragon Age and having fun with it. I hope they make sacred 3 and do a good job with it.

Edited by ka243