-32°C ... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, and I'm out of coffee eeeeeeeeeeee

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I just ran in and out... 6 minute walk to the mcdonald's then hopped backwards into the corner store for coffee then didn't even think ONCE about sipping it on the way back home cuz about a third back it just all of a sudden got cold and I began to ran back in a panicced terror, screaming and yelling all the way back home...

k, well I didn't yell...

but it was so cold!

:devil:

gogo

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I just ran in and out... 6 minute walk to the mcdonald's then hopped backwards into the corner store for coffee then didn't even think ONCE about sipping it on the way back home cuz about a third back it just all of a sudden got cold and I began to ran back in a panicced terror, yelling all the way back...

k, well I didn't yell...

but it was so cold!

;)

gogo

ha! you ran like a gogo girl. It's a nice warm -14 C here and I am smart enough to stay inside. :devil: Well..... till my wife send me out to the store for something. :)

Neeeeed coffee! ... -32 with coffee or warm cozy home with no coffee? Argh! *runs like a school girl to the bakery with arms flailing all the way there in big puffy snow suit*

About the same as loco , -10 C here. Never seen it go below 0 F (-17.78 C) where I live. (Thanks to the Gulf Stream-keeps us a little warmer than everyone else in the area)

yeah yeah gulf schmulf..... :devil:

I was like a crybaby knuckles! My eyes were tearing, and it felt like I was inhaling cold frosty poison with every breath....

It's horrible...

H O R R I B L E!

:)

gogo

lol gogo

you would have hated where I was for 6 months in the Navy......Up above the Arctic Circle...temp around -40 F(-40C) with wind chills dropping it to around -80 F(-63C) almost every day cold.jpg

Wish I had been there with a camera watching you 2 run down the street :devil:

lol, I so did not cry like a girl loco... I just cried like one!

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s. yah..that hand waving crying moment was pretty something... I think I'm gonna relive it in nightmares tonight :blink:

lol gogo

you would have hated where I was for 6 months in the Navy......Up above the Arctic Circle...temp around -40 F(-40C) with wind chills dropping it to around -80 F(-63C) almost every day cold.jpg

Wish I had been there with a camera watching you 2 run down the street :D

Oh wow... There's always worse eh Knuckles. haha. Ours here is -32°C with windchill. I'm amazed that it's only half, less even, as cold as your time above the artic. Can you even have skin exposed at that temp? I'd imagine you'd have to wear those goggles and all at -63°C ish weather. Or simply not be outside at all I guess. :o

Here's gogo on his way back from getting coffee..don't run too fast now

slip32.jpg

Oh that's happened to me once or twice in my life on a freeeeezing cold day. And yeah. I wanted to cry. I'm sure I whimpered as I pulled myself up, lol. But losing a coffee after braving weather like this?! Oh yeah. Tears. Lotsa tears. :lol:

Holy crap guys...

Drink more coffee and say hello to the polar bears from me :4rofl:

It's insane when it's like this Anti, omg. When it's this cold all sense of self is lost and the only that matters is survival. Well... Survival and coffee, lol.

February hasn't even started yet so I'm sure we're gonna hit -40°C with wind, ugh. February is usually our coldest month. :blink:

*pets his pet polar bear* :D

When it was really really cold we had special survival suits we had to wear. The nose and mouth had to be covered by fabric or the fluids/saliva could freeze - fun stuff :D Licking your lips could be extremely painful

We could only be outside for a very limited amount of time when it got really cold (we had wind chills under -100 F a few times)

I was thinking....

My response should have been "Sounds like a perfect day to snuggle up and play Sacred all day" (Which is what I did-working on Bestiary pics :) )

Wow...Sooooo cold. The coldest day ive ever had was -3°C...very rarely does it go below 0 here in aus unless you go up the mountains.

To rub it in however, ive spent the last 3 nights/2 and a bit days at the beach in +35°C and higher temperatures! Sun, Surf and Sand!

Edited by Dragon Brother

Ryan, great seeing you back! And yeah, twas only the coffee's vapour that kept my nostril hairs intact.

Knuckles that's exactly, and never even looked out the window that entire day.

Ash, did you say living on the beach with+35 degree weather?

I hate you

:D

gogo

• 4 months later...

~ 27°C to 30°C here in my room (Austria) :)

I'm melting almost literally,

the fan doesn't help very much, and my small mobile air con has to be turned off, it's too loud / expensive if I let it running constantly all night long..

for weeks, I can't get the inside room temperature to fall back below 27° without air con running

(and with, its only down to 25-26° from ~28-35° after a few hours.. not the most effective one, plus very subotimal placement of the air ducts / circulation, no constuctional changes allowed regarding walls)

only have one air duct for the hot air the system is producing in exchange for the cold breeze thx to the aggregate,

but no intake air duct for fresh unused outside-air

edit: this one's not the same model, but mine looks similar and works the same way I believe:

36878_Mobiles-Klimageraet-9000-BTU-mit-Energieeffiziesklasse-A-21380_xxl.jpeg

Edited by Rotluchs

For a moment, I had to check whether my coffee was really coffee... (Checked the first posts without looking the date. January.) :)

+15°C here and kinda clody. Not exactly your "normal" summer weather, but will do. More than that +30°C or something we had like a month ago. Add the comp and the monitor and it's almost like poorly warmed sauna. >_< Yep, I have a flat screen, but for some reason it's almost hotter than my old CRT. Works fine though.