Splash Screen Tooltips

I'm thinking of compiling the test from the splash screens that come up when a character loads a game/teleports.

Most of these are common knowledge... but a few, like minion control are so long and complicated that it takes longer than the part second you have to read it.

I plan on grouping the tips into general groups like:

Quests

Items

Combat Arts

Character Specific Tips

Interface Tips

Socketing

Any other suggestions for grouping?

I was also thinking of including a screen cap of at least one of each of the different backgrounds. Some of them are quite beautiful.

Any thoughts?

I was also thinking of including a screen cap of at least one of each of the different backgrounds. Some of them are quite beautiful.

You can find these Backgrounds in your Sacred 2\system\loading\ Folder. :)

You can find these Backgrounds in your Sacred 2\system\loading\ Folder. :)

Just the background images or the tips that display as well?

You can find these Backgrounds in your Sacred 2\system\loading\ Folder. :superman:

Just the background images or the tips that display as well?

Just the images.

For reference, they are 1600x1200. Should be more than large enough for most people to use as a wallpaper if they want to.

You've taken all the fun out of it Czevak... :superman:

Well you still have to hunt down all the different tooltips don't you? :)

So. Now I have a wall of text to post to the wiki, but can't find a general gameplay type area to post it too.

Also, I must admit, I'm formatting-challenged.

The info is just in this form right now:

Title

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx

Title2

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

Notes:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm also challenged on the idea of the screen caps, and whether I should bother to include them. The important thing for me is the information.

Thoughts?

Frosty that's awesome!

I just created for you a new listing on the main index page, you can see it from the main index page top right Sacred 2 Wiki.

The page is fresh, red, waiting for you paint. Once you have your info up the formatting will come naturally

sent you a pm regarding pix database for Wiki.

:4rofl:

gogo

Hey Frosty, I did a quick check and My installation doesn't have a Sacred 2\system\loading\ Folder, and my version of Sacred 2 doesn't display any loader screens. So my only hope of seeing these screens is if you go ahead so you can ignore czevak on this and compile them as you originally intended.

Hey Frosty, I did a quick check and My installation doesn't have a Sacred 2\system\loading\ Folder, and my version of Sacred 2 doesn't display any loader screens. So my only hope of seeing these screens is if you go ahead so you can ignore czevak on this and compile them as you originally intended.

czevak is correct about the folder, but these wait screens are only available on Console and Ice&Blood. so we can probably up load them to the wiki for all to see.

Well. It's posted. Please correct any errors you see, and feel free to add any missing tooltips.

Or... change the categories and reorganize... I just kinda threw things together.

Hope it helps people (particularly the bit about controlling minions... though I expect that is in the options in the game... just not highlighted)!

It's awesome, just saw the work! :twitch: Frosty are you getting pix? If so, just sent you a pm for info to pic database.

And... easy fun job here... if anyone wants to help with connecting links on Frosty's huge new page to the Wiki, the party awaits!

:bounce:

gogo

To have bucket generate thumbnails, just click in the square near the image you have chosen to have thumbnailed

...then scroll down to bottom of page...there will be link/box at bottom far right that says "Generate HTML and IMAGE code"

Click on that, it will generate a new page for you with a number of nice codes you can use... one for thumbnails we use is:

IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended

You can copy and paste that code directly into the wiki's database and it will display as thumbnail.

:twitch:

gogo

Yeah "FrostElfGuard" totally awesome work just been and checked it out on the Wiki and learned some things superb thank-you.

Excellent article :twitch: and I love the splash screens, although there may be a fault with the 'Dryad with Blowpipe' as when I click on it it goes to photobucket not to the picture.

Nice work Frosty

Excellent article :twitch: and I love the splash screens, although there may be a fault with the 'Dryad with Blowpipe' as when I click on it it goes to photobucket not to the picture.

Nice work Frosty

...and this is why we have proofreaders! ;) I fixed the error... now you can see the nasty Dryad and her nasty blowpipe! ;)

...and... I'm happy to be able to add something to the knowledge of Sacred2. :bounce:

Excellent work Frosty. There's some phenomenal info you've presented. A much needed piece of work. Thank you very much!

Nice work there dude! We will help you as much as we can, and together, we will turn that page into a wonder. Actually, gogo was thinking in adding links everywhere ;)

lol, sooooooooooooooooooooory... I'm so addicted to playing ;) I'll put in some links soon, and I was thinking that maybe the pic setup could be done something like the way Schot formatted it for the Sacred 2 art section

:P

gogo

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent article :) and I love the splash screens, although there may be a fault with the 'Dryad with Blowpipe' as when I click on it it goes to photobucket not to the picture.

Nice work Frosty

Oops. Link repaired. :(