Here where I live we only have one place that shows movies, and the last time I was there the price was around 50NKR/10$/5£.

Just how much does it cost to see a movie in the town/city where you live? And is it a different price for a matinee/ drive-in etc? Do you still have a drive-in near you?

Here in Connecticut it's $10.00 for an adult ticket and the nearest drive-in costs $9.00.

Cheapest for us down in my part of Australia is $6-7 Aussie for a adult, $5 for a child (one aussie dollar = 0.86 US dollars at the moment so thats pretty cheap). However the big name cinemas all charge around $16 for an adult and 13 for a child/concession.

Here in Quebec, the regular price is 10$, but on Tuesday it's only 5$ for everyone.

And then there's 3D Movies, which cost 3$ plus the price of a ticket.

Max

sigh...family and I never go anymore. Deemed it expensive and a luxury not needed.

$12-15 depending on the establishment, as there are far to many. :drinks:

I remain, Etherian

~added note: just found Netflix not to long ago. Movie greenback saver!~

Cheapest for us down in my part of Australia is $6-7 Aussie for a adult, $5 for a child (one aussie dollar = 0.86 US dollars at the moment so thats pretty cheap). However the big name cinemas all charge around $16 for an adult and 13 for a child/concession.
This is true for me too.

My usual cinema is ~$8, but it's just down the road, so can't complain.

I think there is only one drive in cinema left in my entire state.

Around here matinee is $7.00, after 6pm it jumps to $9.00, and the 3D movies are $10.50 matinee and $13.00 after 6pm. That is the reason I do not see movies in theaters often. It makes more sense to wait for a movie to hit the store and buy it blind than paying about half the cost to see it once. There is a theater about 30 minutes out that shows movies about 2-3 weeks after opening for $2.50 a ticket. I'd rather wait near a month for the cheap seats if I ever wanted to see something. At least then I'd have money for popcorn.

Seems to be from 6,50€ to 10,50€ ('round ~8-13$). And 3Ds from 8,80€ -12,50€ Cheapest being on working hours and week days, and most expensive in holidays and weekends. Had to check the local netsite. Been some time I last went to movies, and I had a free ticket at the time. :P Wa bit cheaper than I remembered, though still tad too much for me atm. And quite sure there aren't any drive-ins around here...

There aren't any cinemas left in my area, the last was converted into a bingo hall a couple of years ago. If I was able to catch a bus to the next town that still has one, it would cost about £11 ($17 roughly), £4 for the bus and £7 for the movie. Unfortunately it is a moot point as the last bus runs before the movie ends, so I would have to either miss the end of the movie or walk 16 miles to get home.

Movie: $9.99 CDN (~ same as USD right now)

Tuesdays some theatres: $6.99

No drive-ins remain in business.

Zip.ca (2 DVDs out at a time) internet/postal mail dvd rental service: $20.00 CDN /month, prepaid mail-back envelopes. I subscribe and so far am fairly happy with the variety of movies/tv shows available... but one day I'll run out of backlog of movies... and goodbye Zip.

Cheap theatres: $4.00 to $2.00 (depends on coupons)... 2nd run movie theatre. Good value, but you have to wait. Concession is cheaper than regular theatres too (though still $$$ expensive compared to home/grocery store prices)

Edited by FrostElfGuard
~added note: just found Netflix not to long ago. Movie greenback saver!~

We haven't done Netflix yet but we have found Hulu. Hulu is free, you just have to be willing to watch tv commercials. Plus if you are into Anime they have that on there too (sub titled in english). Plus you can see current US tv shows as well as some classic movies such as Spartacus, Reefer Madness, Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine and Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

Before I went abroad, they had lowered out tickets from $8 back down to $7, but they'll probably be $9 or $10 when I get back T^T

Just a couple years ago they were only $6!

And yes, of course, the ridiculously overpriced food (and who eats ice cream and nachos in a movie theater, anyways?)

We also USED to have a drive thru, during the summers, but they closed it last year *sadface* I think it was only like...$4.