Artamarks Star

Hey guys,

Just wondering for those that have this item;

Where have you had best luck finding it?

With pure magic find characters, I am getting a lot of unique jewels, but never the one I want; Artamarks star.

I LOVE this amulet, but can't seem to get them to pop.

I've been trying energy type enemies lately, as they can only drop jewels, and have had success getting uniques, but again not this.

EP on chest runs in areas is giving decent returns, etc, but again no luck.

I am interested in hearing methods to accumulate A LOT of these, if anyone has any tips n' tricks.

Thanks,

Heya :)

Energy-types monsters have an higher chances to drop uniques jewelry and relics. You can find a lot of them nearby artamark, in human lands (:D), and also in the second part of the Blood Forest.

You can also read here Schot's guide about spirits farming : http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...c=12873&hl=

I'll check my chars, I think I got a lot of them some times ago, I'll give you them if I meet you online :)

Hey guys,

Just wondering for those that have this item;

Where have you had best luck finding it?

With pure magic find characters, I am getting a lot of unique jewels, but never the one I want; Artamarks star.

I LOVE this amulet, but can't seem to get them to pop.

I've been trying energy type enemies lately, as they can only drop jewels, and have had success getting uniques, but again not this.

EP on chest runs in areas is giving decent returns, etc, but again no luck.

I am interested in hearing methods to accumulate A LOT of these, if anyone has any tips n' tricks.

Thanks,

The few I've gotten have dropped somewhere around Artamark's Gate... not sure if it was in the town or somewhere in the area.

Interesting. I have a very high level artamarks, and did a socket to socket comparison of the star to a niobium level socketing armor/def with my own build... smith socket won out, and the star is now gathering dust.

Maybe some pledge'll fix it up?

Pledge%20Furniture%20Polish%20Natural%20Beauty%20Lemon%2012.5%20oz.jpg

:)

gogo

Artamarks are less useful if you have all channel resistance already. But for example a dryad which is bound to a full detheya is something different. Here the +x% resistence comes from the buff and not from smith art. Also ancient bark boosts both modifiers of an artamark: resistances and defense value.

An artamark can be a life saver for people who forget to adapt their relicts to the area.

An artamark is base defense and base resists. Smith art is per cent boost. So it depends on character, needed sets what to prefer. The smith art without some base resists would be of no use.

Having a high base already (toughness, set torso with 5 resists, shield with 5 resists) the artamark will be less useful than the smith art.

It is more or less the same as with damage x-x and x% damage. The golden way is somewhere in the mid.

That's the reason I love this game so much . No single socketing, no single smithing will always work, unless you check it out against the build you currently have. It's probably the most tiresome, but, for me, rewarding part of the game, and very difficult to do properly, and expensive. It's the reason why I always try to keep one perfect double of my gear when progressing upwards with my levels to see if I can always do a damage or defense test with almost perfect assurance that I have made the right choice.

Great assurance and explanation there Chattius, thanks

:)

gogo

What Chattius said,

As we know I play almost all seraphim.

Latest is a dual wield mage/melee, as he says 'bound' to the celestial set.

I have everything I need for defense with certain Combat Arts, etc, but the one thing that is absolutely terrible is this sets armor values.

They are incredibly low.

Can't use a shield, is dual wield.

Full set = no sophias torso.

Toughness is taken, but I still require at least 1-2 artamarks for what I feel proper resistance.

There is always a method to my madness :D

Cheers,