Hello all :-)

Greetings everyone, I just picked this game up off my uncle while I'm in a period of having no internet connection for a while - I saw him playing it one day and it looked pretty good.

I've been playing RPGs for numerous years and being somewhat of a veteran of hack and slash ARPGs this game is right up my alley - and its quite intriguing so far. The character customization options are insanely diverse.

Just thought I'd introduce myself to the community here - I've been lurking for a day or so and it seems like a very refreshing and accepting community.

As for my progress so far - I'm following Antitrust's Queen of Blades Serpahim guide trying to get myself a decent character started. I'm level 12 so far (Silver - Hardcore[since my D2 days I don't feel like I'm even playing if I'm not HC]).

Also - I don't have the resources to get Ice and Blood or even patch post 2.12 for that matter so I'm playing oldschool style.

Thanks for reading and talk to you later!

Welcome to Dark Matters!

We're glad you found us. I read you don't have internet right now, thats a shame because 2.12 had lots of bugs that have been patched by 2.43. if there is anyway to get the downloads to your comp, I highly recomend it.

cheers :) HC all the way!

Welcome to Dark Matters!

We're glad you found us. I read you don't have internet right now, thats a shame because 2.12 had lots of bugs that have been patched by 2.43. if there is anyway to get the downloads to your comp, I highly recomend it.

cheers :) HC all the way!

Thanks for the information! Bugs sound nasty for a HC player such as myself - are there bugs that are gamebreaking and may get me killed despite my best efforts to stay alive? Also - if I do get the patch installed which is definitely possible with the help of my uncle's computer.. - will my characters roll over or be deleted?

Hey hey Krahm! Welcome to our humble abode. :bye: I agree with Knuckles. Save often! That will save you a lot of heart ache. Oh and since you're playing HC you can protect your items you value by putting them in your shared chest. Items in the Shared Belongings compartment will remain even if your character dies. All of your characters have access to that compartment and share the storage space.

sharedchest.JPG

Hey Scott

I'm a bit late to this welcome thread, but I still want to welcome you to DarkMatters

I also appreciate the kinds words you put down for this community, yeah we're unique!

:crazy:

Have fun on the boards

:)

gogo

I feel your pain for playing on the retail version. I only just updated myself after playing seraphims for several months on 2.12. I'll give you a heads up, pelting strikes is worthless until you update :)

Be sure to exploit the crap out of bargaining while you can. After the update you can't buy uniques or set items anymore.