I just made an account in a multi-game and very big spanish forum called Meristation. Today I got a really odd pm. Google Traductor + Quote:

Dear,

My name is Vivian. I got your contact today and I am interested to be your friend please I will like you to contact me through my email (vyak57@yahoo.com) so we know each other I would like to hear from you

yours in love

Vivian

lol why me? It sounds good in english, but in spanish it's awful, even worst than google traductor. I just don't know what to do. Should I ignore it? I don't want more compliments from "it"!

Of course you should ignore it, what good could come out of responding to a bot/advertiser? as I highly doubt there's anything to gain from conversing with that thing.

I just made an account in a multi-game and very big spanish forum called Meristation. Today I got a really odd pm. Google Traductor + Quote:

Dear,

My name is Vivian. I got your contact today and I am interested to be your friend please I will like you to contact me through my email (vyak57@yahoo.com) so we know each other I would like to hear from you

yours in love

Vivian

lol why me? It sounds good in english, but in spanish it's awful, even worst than google traductor. I just don't know what to do. Should I ignore it? I don't want more compliments from "it"!

It's SPAM.. Of course. It needs to be deleted!

I'm not sure, how it is on the spanish forums, but on the russian ones it could mean only one thing: You'd get a bunch of newly-written viruses if you respond. For some reason such a messages are a very popular way of virus spreading in the russian Internet. And may be our country isn't the only one where it's so.

You could 419 it.

That is, contact the person and string him/her along. Pretend to be in love with a stranger you've never met, nor seen. Just drag it out, and waste their time... as they constantly try to get your bank account information, or try to get you to send money by wire transfer (which cannot be reversed).

If you do send them a picture... make sure it isn't really you in the photo!

Google 419 to find out what others have done with the Nigerian scam.

You could 419 it.

That is, contact the person and string him/her along. Pretend to be in love with a stranger you've never met, nor seen. Just drag it out, and waste their time... as they constantly try to get your bank account information, or try to get you to send money by wire transfer (which cannot be reversed).

If you do send them a picture... make sure it isn't really you in the photo!

Google 419 to find out what others have done with the Nigerian scam.

Ahhh, there's actually a whole current net meme about this... peeps trying to do reverse traps for scammers on the net.

some of the pix are just insane

Isn't there a new coined up word for it as well?

:)

gogo

Hmmm, on the other hand, it just might be the real thing and you could miss out on some real good lurve. What's the worst that could happen ? :whistle:

Nah, I'm messing with you. Don't touch it with a barge pole mate.

Steve. :)

Awh, poor Vivian. You know, bots are becoming a big part of the internet community and perhaps it's time we pay them a little more kindness. The poor folk really hard all day and all night and face constant rejection. It must be hard being a bot. I agree with Barristan. You should marry her right away! :D