Dear God I wish Amalaur had MP

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Claudius

The video was actually fun to watch. The mechanics of game look good, deep engaging, but I'm with you on the yearn for MP.

I'm not at all interested in a subscription to anything, but Guild Wars 2 is looking to have the kind of immersion I'm looking for while not making me feel like I'm permanently hooked to anything.

Is there some elements of Amalur you find particularly compelling?

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...

Hi Claudius

The video was actually fun to watch. The mechanics of game look good, deep engaging, but I'm with you on the yearn for MP.

I'm not at all interested in a subscription to anything, but Guild Wars 2 is looking to have the kind of immersion I'm looking for while not making me feel like I'm permanently hooked to anything.

Is there some elements of Amalur you find particularly compelling?

gogo

gogo, I liked the look of the rogue and it seemed cool the factions and so forth and a large map. I had hopes that the maps and cities would be as beautiful as sacred with more dialogue and consequences of actions like Witcher. But I'm not sure.

Just seeing the game I thought the way the rogue character rolled and hopped around made it look pretty active. The dark knives the rogue shot reminded me of titan quest rogue which is a soft spot in my heart... Ah titanquest theres also an 'occult mod' that revamps all the classes and turns rogue into occult with more dark energies/poisoner/knives/bombs... Back to amalaur I thought they made a rogue that is fun to play at least it looked like it. Surprise attacks and stealth which I have had fun in Bethesda games. Cool movement and hopping around firing off blade hits and throwing knives... All with a poison aura. Yeah, gogo, it just reminds me of some games I like. Including sacred. The look of the bright colors kind of glowing (though dark caves too) reminds me of sacred.

Makes sense? Sorry I replied so late I'm waiting for Sacred 3 or some other MP game to reconnect with clan dark.

The game looks mighty good. I started a thread on this over at SIF..............not that I got a bite ! :cry:

I am waiting to see if you will need to use Steam to activate the game...........I very much hope not.

Steve.

Played just for the unlocked Assault Rifle and armor for Mass Effect 3, and I'm quite positive that I got addicted to this.

Looks really great. ^^ And as I'm almost totally SP-player myself, I ain't agonizing over missed MP. :P

Steve: It might actually need Origin, which is EA's version of Steam. Good thing I have EA-account for Mass Effect things, so no worries here.

Played just for the unlocked Assault Rifle and armor for Mass Effect 3, and I'm quite positive that I got addicted to this.

Looks really great. ^^ And as I'm almost totally SP-player myself, I ain't agonizing over missed MP. :P

Steve: It might actually need Origin, which is EA's version of Steam. Good thing I have EA-account for Mass Effect things, so no worries here.

Im still downloading the demo...slow internet + large files...sigh.

The demo/pre order is also on steam which I don't know what that says about any physical purchases being locked to either store.

Tell me about it... Was all but easy getting anything out of Steam before I got decent connection.

As much peeps are gonna rage-quit and sort, I'm quite positive it'll be register-locked into something, as a form of DRM.

I've read quite a lot of posts considering EA's Origin, as part of Mass Effect 3

Edited by Stormwing

I'll have to have a look at that demo download this weekend...............no time before, unfortunately.

Mind you, if the download speed is that slow, and knowing my broadband speeds...................hmmmm !

Steve. :)

Pfft, keep MP out of it, seems like all games needs MP to be worthwhile these days, which is total BS IMO.

QFT.

My thoughts excatly. Somehow it seems that companies have forgotten that not everyone want to play MP. And some games just aren't made for one.

Not to mention, not everyone have worthy connection for playing, so SP games surely are appreciated.

Edited by Stormwing

Pfft, keep MP out of it, seems like all games needs MP to be worthwhile these days, which is total BS IMO.

Come on now Spunky, climb off that fence and say what you really mean, hahaha !

I love sp games, but mp does seem to be king, thses days.

Come on now Spunky, climb off that fence and say what you really mean, hahaha !

I love sp games, but mp does seem to be king, thses days.

Hmm I am not saying for it to be a multiplayer game, rather I would like the option. Just as BG1 and 2 were single player but you could play multiplayer. Dungeon Lords also. For Skyrim, which as most know is a single player game, I have heard that the modding community is working on a multiplayer mod. Which brings me to the question: is amalaur modable?

Oooh, just remembered.............

One small gripe about the game ( always good to get a moan in before the game is even released, lol !) the SE version of Reckoning is only available for North America, which is a blow to the rest of the world. :blink:

Im still downloading the demo...slow internet + large files...sigh.

The demo/pre order is also on steam which I don't know what that says about any physical purchases being locked to either store.

I had to create an Origin account to download the demo. Didn't mind too much, as it was 100% better than Steam (boo ! hiss !)

Got to agree that it took an age to download/install.

Just rebooted, so I'm off now to give the demo a go............hope it lives up to the promise (in my best Homer Simpson voice and shaking fist at screen) "cause if it don't" haha !

Oh, btw, I tried to get Cider Steve as my master name.........but it was taken !? I was stunned, tbh ! I tried various alternatives, but all taken. Extraordinary ! Who else would want such a daft name ? I thought it was just me.

Anyway, if you see a Chippenham Steve anytime in Origin, then it is most likely me............unless I've me hacked.........GULP !

Bye for now,

Steve. :)

EDIT :- Bah ! I have tried 3 times, but the demo does not work properly. After the first cinematic, the screen is just black. You can hear everything happening in the backround but not do anything. That does not look good for the game. Having second thoughts now...........

EDIT 2 :- Just logged onto Origin, but thier servers are down. Not impressed. What ever happened to buying a game and playing it ? I wanted to ask about the demo and why it doesn't work, but now I can't even communicate with them *sigh*

Edited by cider_steve

Ok, all is calm again !

I managed to get onto Origin and checked out thier help section. It advised me to disable post-processing, which I did.

The demo worked just fine after that, thank goodness.

"wow" What more can I say. A fantastic demo, and I haven't even played it all through yet. A whole lotta fun.

Going to play through again, after some grub. Just wanted to pop in and update the situation.

I can honestly recommend downloading the demo and giving it a go.

Steve.

Thanks for the recommendation Steve, I was waiting for someone to give one.

I'm downloading the Demo via Steam as we speak, but I never thought the demo would be this big (~2800 MB).

Max

Thanks for the recommendation Steve, I was waiting for someone to give one.

I'm downloading the Demo via Steam as we speak, but I never thought the demo would be this big (~2800 MB).

Max

It's massive, and very generous of them, considering it's a very nice free play !

I've played a good number of demo's before, but always of cd/floppy, never downloaded a demo before. Glad I did, as it has convinced me that I will buy the game on it's release.

Steve.

First chance so far of playing the demo right the way till the time's up...........WOW What a blast. It is fantastic, and I honestly can't wait to get hold of the full game.

*Thinks about booking some time off work*

Hmmmm............

Hehhee. Amalur's taken a hold of you me matey. :P I liked the game too. Would love to get it at start too, but

ME3 got the priority.

Too bad Amalur's CE is NA exclusive. Would've been nice with all the trinkets.. :)

Yes, it is a shame about the se/ce version..............but Amazon are advertising the se version of the game guide ! I wouldn't want the hard back version of the guide, as it would be hard to read whilst playing the game, imho.

Played the demo so many times now. Been trying loads of different builds. Only shame is that you can't play longer !

I think a pure assasin/thief will struggle a little, but a mage type build is gonna be mega powerful, from what I've seen.

Roll on the 10th of feb'.

Steve.

Played the demo so many times now. Been trying loads of different builds. Only shame is that you can't play longer !

I think a pure assasin/thief will struggle a little, but a mage type build is gonna be mega powerful, from what I've seen.

Roll on the 10th of feb'.

Steve.

heh, this last post of yours made me think of how much I loved playing the demo of original Sacred. Couldn't get enough of it, and just wanted more, never wanted to play a game so much ever before.

gogo