Guild Wars 2 - Beta Weekend July 20-22 on Gate of Madness server

ArenaNet confirmed our assumptions today:

Everything includes guilds and server selection. (2/2) ^MK

Since we will be changing servers anyway, I see no point in waiting. Gate of Madness it is.

I expect to be on Friday at the very start, so I will recreate the guild and send invites to everyone in my contact list. If I miss you, let me know.

We'll go for Gates of Darkness, so we'll get to taste what this server is like before launch.

Max

Not sure if that was a typo and a translation issue, but in English it is "Gate of Madness".

I do not expect any patch notes to be released in beta. There were some authentic-looking patch notes leaked before BWE2, so we might see something though.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really wish they would post patch notes, but with all the changes they have to be making it would take long to list all the changes. :bounce:

Maybe they'll have a big giant patch note at the end to show us what really went down behind the scenes? Just maybe? :BlobRed:

Thanks for keeping us updated with all the new updates wygram, and I guess I didn't read correctly when I read the server names earlier, I could have sworn it was Gates

Max

Fewer but larger server worlds, sounds fine to me. Come on Friday. :crazy:

Just 1d 20h 56m 54.984651s remaining!

I am starting to develop an appreciation for WvW, so the reduced number of servers concerns me slightly. During BWE1, I was in overflow the entire time, and WvW is off limits from overflow. In BWE2, I was able to access some off the WvW maps but the Eternal Battleground was always full. I hope they upped the WvW limits.

Thanks for keeping us updated with all the new updates wygram, and I guess I didn't read correctly when I read the server names earlier, I could have sworn it was Gates

Max

"Madness", not Darkness.

Edit:

I do not know about Gate vs. Gates. That could be a typo either way (kind of like Moladune vs Moledune).

"Madness", not Darkness.

Edit:

I do not know about Gate vs. Gates. That could be a typo either way (kind of like Moladune vs Moledune).

I fixed my previous post, I just probably misread it the first time. You put the server in the topic title, that's great!

I can't wait, it's in less than two days now!

Max

Hmm with less worlds should we have a plan B just in case, maybe Darkhaven? Dont mean to throw a wrench in things, but im a planner lol.

I suggest we stick with moving to "Gate of Madness" irrespective of its body count for the BWE3. If it is a high count and all goes well then we at least have an idea if we need to search for a low body based server, which might not really exist after the consolidation of the servers to lessen the world count.

If thing go poorly you can beat me about the head and kick me from your party :cha (18): but at least we will have some idea before GW2 goes live and the others show up to play.

Just a suggestion.

This looks like it will be fun, and a new game for me to enjoy. So a couple of quick questions.

Is this beta weekend open to the public or invite only? Glanced around at some of the pages on their site, but did not see any links to a download.

And of course the big question is, if I do end up buying this game (which I will have a better idea about after this weekend hopefully) is there any chance of me joining up with the Dark Matters group for playing online? You know you want to say yes! :D

With the massive server consolidation, I imagine the population caps have to be enormous so getting split up seems unlikely.

This looks like it will be fun, and a new game for me to enjoy. So a couple of quick questions.

Is this beta weekend open to the public or invite only? Glanced around at some of the pages on their site, but did not see any links to a download.

And of course the big question is, if I do end up buying this game (which I will have a better idea about after this weekend hopefully) is there any chance of me joining up with the Dark Matters group for playing online? You know you want to say yes! :D

The beta weekends are for those who have pre purchased only.

You are more than welcome to join the guild. Come one, come all. :friends3:

Hmm with less worlds should we have a plan B just in case, maybe Darkhaven? Dont mean to throw a wrench in things, but im a planner lol.

I talked about that with Lujate last night, looks like you and me had the same idea :)

Like Lujate said, with worlds that now contain much more players, we didn't think of a "backup" server. But, as I told him, if we encouter any problem and we really need to change servers, we'll let you know here as soon as possible.

@Zodiac : It's great that you show interest for the game. You'll love it, and you'll love being part of our small group.

Max

I suggest we stick with moving to "Gate of Madness" irrespective of its body count for the BWE3. If it is a high count and all goes well then we at least have an idea if we need to search for a low body based server, which might not really exist after the consolidation of the servers to lessen the world count.

Totally agree, only was suggesting a different server IF Gate of Madness is full and closed... Have had that happen in final beta's before.

@ Zodiac, welcome look forward to the possibility of playing with you. Its a great game, really different.

FYI there are a ton of sites giving away free beta keys. I myself have been offered a bunch but I already have per-purchased my copy of GW2... which all include access to the betas.

Found this posted on the GW2 form. Posting the whole statement for those who don't have an account.

Since our last Beta Weekend Event we’ve made quite a few changes and improvements to both the trading post and our world transfer system. We’ll also have special daily sales going on in the Gem Store throughout the Beta Weekend Event. Read on for more information!

Remember: You will be charged for all gem purchases made during the Beta Weekend Event, but any gems you purchase will be credited to your account when GW2 launches. You’ll find all the details right here in our Gem Store FAQ.

World Transfer

World transfer will be free and unlimited from Noon July 20 to 6:00 PM Pacific on July 21. After this period, you’ll need to spend gems for a transfer. Transfers will still be unlimited. The gem costs for a world transfer after 6:00 PM Pacific on July 21:

1800 gems to transfer to a high population world

1000 gems to transfer to a medium population world

500 gems to transfer to a low population world

Trading Post

Dyes are now tradable in the Black Lion Trading Post.

All items for sale must be posted for a unit price that is above the vendor value of the item (if the item has a vendor value).

Daily Gem Store – 20% Off

Each day during the Beta Weekend Event we’ll offer a different item on sale for 20% off in the Gem Store. All sales begin and end at midnight of each day.

So it looks like if we get hung on a extremely high population we will have 18 hours to move without cost.

They talk about sales over the BWE but they don't mention if they will carry over to the launch. If they had character slots and inventory panel on sale I might even jump in. :pirate:

Edited by Wygram

@ Zodiac, welcome look forward to the possibility of playing with you. Its a great game, really different.

FYI there are a ton of sites giving away free beta keys. I myself have been offered a bunch but I already have per-purchased my copy of GW2... which all include access to the betas.

Thanks for the tip Kiyeri. Looking around at some sites for a free key as I am also watching some Guild Wars 2 gameplay videos on youtube. Starting to look like a pretty interesting game. Gonna need to read the FAQ on their site soon.

Nice find Wygram. There has been a lot of speculation recently about whether they would be encouraging transfer to low population servers. I guess the answer is yes (for BWE3 at least).

Currently downloading the installer, and tried to log in but it told me no events were available to participate in. When exactly does the BWE start today? I'm gonna have no idea what I'm doing, but it'll be one heck of a time I'm sure :D

Also, HUGE shoutout to Uncle Knuckles, who has very kindly donated the game to me :drinks: Can't thank you enough!

Downloanding the last update. Waiting.......

Just so happened I am working from home today. But gotta take the kiddos to the doctor just when the event should start

FYI, the last two BWE's have started a little early.

Edit:

The BWE regulars have decided to test out voice chat this weekend. For anyone who is interested, the C3 client is available here, and the channel name is FDM. PM me for the password. If it works out this weekend, I will do a detailed write-up next week.