Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

1 hour ago, Lindor said:

Windows event log

getPosition@cEntity@@QBEABVcWorldPosition@@> 56. Something cannot be placed at the location, the address pointer, ahem, points to a rather small value(the cause for all of those access violation errors, whatever the application is), reserved by the OS. Might be anything, ranging from a drop with a non-existant model to a dll editing fault.

• Thanks! 1
33 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

getPosition@cEntity@@QBEABVcWorldPosition@@> 56. Something cannot be placed at the location, the address pointer, ahem, points to a rather small value(the cause for all of those access violation errors, whatever the application is), reserved by the OS. Might be anything, ranging from a drop with a non-existant model to a dll editing fault.

Hmm. I once got one of the three forging arts dropped as an item last weekend. Noticed it when I had it in my inventory as an item, I didn't directly observe the drop. It destroyed itself as soon as I clicked it with the mouse. Maybe something like this?

But somezhing doesn't fit into the picture: the crash only ever happens in the swamp region, and there it occurs very frequently, while it doesn't happen in any other region. The forge art however was dropped in the elven region.

Try it with the EE balance.txt.  The fact that you had strange values in your subfam list makes me wonder if something isn't wrong in your modified balance.txt.

Hi, I've noticed a bug in the EE with ALternative Spells enabled.

This is with the Dragon Mage. When u enter Dragon berzerk and recast your Draconic Ally buff, u will get another copy of its effects onto your character permanently.

For example Quick Mind trait (gives 20% cast & attack speed )
Everytime I hop into Dragon berzerk and recast Draconic Ally, I gain 20% attack speed permanently.
After a while of playing my char had 580% attack speed which is hilarious, but a tiny bit too strong :p
The same seems to happen with all Mod options of the buff. Life force will stack more hp for u and so on ...

The same effect doesn't seem to happen when u recast Runes of protection in Berzerk, as far as I could tell.

@Flix A few questions about soundprofile.txt:

1. Why did you decide to replace "TAUNT" entries with "SHOUT_ATTACK"? Was it in order to increase the frequency of use?

2. The "SHOUT_ATTACK_THIEF" have been replaced by "SHOUT_ATTACK_HUMAN". Were the original ones not getting triggered?

2. It puzzles me to see quite a few "TALK" entries having their sound resource ID changed.

3. The DM's event534 = { event = "APPROACH_BOSS", id = "10", resource = 228726 }; was replaced by event534 = { event = "TALK", id = "285870252", resource = 228726 };. Hmm, wonder as to why.

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

1. Why did you decide to replace "TAUNT" entries with "SHOUT_ATTACK"? Was it in order to increase the frequency of use?

2. The "SHOUT_ATTACK_THIEF" have been replaced by "SHOUT_ATTACK_HUMAN". Were the original ones not getting triggered?

For both of these, after some diligent play-testing we determined that the original event was not being called. At least, these voiced lines were never heard.  My changes allow the lines to be heard regularly at appropriate times.

2. It puzzles me to see quite a few "TALK" entries having their sound resource ID changed.

You're likely referring to my failed attempts to fix the following voiced lines that do not play:

On 2/10/2023 at 6:54 PM, Flix said:

1) quest_747_voice_ready - Should play after you rescue and talk to Dyria in the bandit camp. Light Campaign characters only.

2) quest_737_voice_ready - Should play after talking to the Liosilath hologram in the Kral temple the 2nd time. Light Campaign characters only.

3) quest_759_voice_ready - Should play after talking to the Nimonuil hologram in the Kral temple the 2nd time. Shadow Campaign characters only.

4) During the Shadow part of the campaign, where you bring the Alchemist to the prince, the voice line "quest_338_voice_start" plays after you first talk to the prince. It relates to the Garganthropod. However, you don't yet know about the scorpion, you learn about it AFTER the prince and the Alchemist talk,

Based on my analysis of the scripts, I determined the correct event for all four lines should be quest_XXX_voice_victory instead.

However, even after I changed every conceivable parameter to accommodate this solution, the lines still refused to play.  I moved the entries in global.res, I adjusted the entries in soundprofile.txt, I even renamed the ogg files to match the event Loka-ID's and entered them into soundresources.txt (the one in the client folder).  No luck.

In the end, I just left them as is, since it's not any more broken than it ever was.

3. The DM's event534 = { event = "APPROACH_BOSS", id = "10", resource = 228726 }; was replaced by event534 = { event = "TALK", id = "285870252", resource = 228726 };. Hmm, wonder as to why.

Well, this one is part of a bigger cluster of attempted fixes:  The "approach" player voice lines for General Terus, Nimonuil, and Gahanka do not trigger.

Terus was fixed by changing his classification to "CLF_BOSS" in itemtype.txt. The line triggers just after speaking to him now.

I attempted the same fix for Nimonuil but I could not tell if it worked because he kept hitting me immediately after the dialog and my character kept spouting lines like "Ouch".  There is some potential redundancy here, since Shadow Path players already have a quest-related voice line (different from the "approach" line) after speaking to him. Light path players have no such lines. so this is where I tested for the "approach" trigger.

Gahanka (boss id = 10) did not respond to the fix at all, so I then tried changing the approach event to various quest-related events with no good result.  This is why you're seeing the change in the script for that event. "TALK", id = "285870252" is quest_1180_voice_start_dm, the final ID that I attempted before giving up.

As before, I just left it as is, since I deemed it closer to being fixed than vanilla, just in case I decided to return to it.

As a side note, there is actually another thing broken here, if you examine questscripts.txt you will see this entry:

quest.setScript(3433,"OnTaskAwaiting",function(args)
local p={sx=18,sy=32,sz=0,px=2600,py=2250,pz=0}
setFixedListener{
position=p,
}
playQuestSpeech{
tcid=3290,
lokaid="QUEST_1180_KING",
questid=3433
}
setTimer{
id=3433,
interval=3,
count=1
}
end)

This indicates there is supposed to be a loud Troll roar when Gahanka spawns.  The quest log even refers to this "loud shout."

I did everything I could to restore this Troll roar but it didn't work.  The Loka ID needed to be encoded in global.res (3042442323    QUEST_1180_KING).  I then added a troll roar file (QUEST_1180_KING.ogg) in the locale folder and defined it in soundresources, then changed the event to {event = "TALK", id = "-928863023", resource = 3156 };  Still no luck.

I'm not sure you will want to fix Gahanka for your mod, since the voiced lines all involve the players expressing surprise (or in the Inquisitor's case, derision) that the so-called Kobold Chieftain is actually a Troll.  And it seems Gahanka has been, um, demoted in stature for Addendum.

36 minutes ago, Flix said:

For both of these, after some diligent play-testing we determined that the original event was not being called.

Have you tried the "TAUNT" with the latest Addendum s2logic.dll? I think, I've fixed them sometime at 2019...

• Thanks! 1
15 hours ago, Niqraine said:

I've noticed a bug in the EE with ALternative Spells enabled.

This is with the Dragon Mage. When u enter Dragon berzerk and recast your Draconic Ally buff, u will get another copy of its effects onto your character permanently.

No, this isn't bug with ALternative Spells, this bug was still in vanilla version with Familiar. And something tells me that it is impossible to fix it, or they don’t want to fix it, because they consider it the right behavior. 

16 hours ago, lordvampir said:

No, this isn't bug with ALternative Spells, this bug was still in vanilla version with Familiar. And something tells me that it is impossible to fix it, or they don’t want to fix it, because they consider it the right behavior. 

To avoid this bug, turn off the buffs before shifting between forms. That's the best I can do without access to the code. It's also not permanent, it lasts until reload.

On 3/28/2023 at 7:39 PM, dimitrius154 said:

Have you tried the "TAUNT" with the latest Addendum s2logic.dll? I think, I've fixed them sometime at 2019...

I've not had the chance to test that, no. The file can't be used with EE or PFP and I keep such chatter forced off for D2F.

On 3/28/2023 at 9:47 AM, Niqraine said:

Hi, I've noticed a bug in the EE with ALternative Spells enabled.

For example Quick Mind trait (gives 20% cast & attack speed )
Everytime I hop into Dragon berzerk and recast Draconic Ally, I gain 20% attack speed permanently.
After a while of playing my char had 580% attack speed which is hilarious, but a tiny bit too strong :p
The same seems to happen with all Mod options of the buff. Life force will stack more hp for u and so on ...

The same effect doesn't seem to happen when u recast Runes of protection in Berzerk, as far as I could tell.

Just here to cheer you in with a friendly and celebratory welcome to the forums Nigraine!
🥳

gogo

On 3/29/2023 at 3:01 AM, Flix said:

I determined the correct event for all four lines should be quest_XXX_voice_victory instead.

That's not quite correct for any of the lines given by playable characters. It's quest_xxx_voice_{condition}_{character_id}, where {character_id} is SE, DR, SW, IN, HE, TG, DM.

On 3/29/2023 at 3:01 AM, Flix said:

I did everything I could to restore this Troll roar but it didn't work. 

I wonder if the quest 3433 does not get activated due to the following part:

questReach = {
stations0 = {
taskcreature = 8485,
needsActivation = 0,
},
},
})

52 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

That's not quite correct for any of the lines given by playable characters. It's quest_xxx_voice_{condition}_{character_id}, where {character_id} is SE, DR, SW, IN, HE, TG, DM.

I'm well aware that the format requires the suffix with the two-letter character ID.

42 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

I wonder if the quest 3433 does not get activated due to the following part:

questReach = {
stations0 = {
taskcreature = 8485,
needsActivation = 0,
},
},
})

IIRC 8485 is a dummy taskcreature designed to be immediately "reached" and therefore immediately solving the quest for the player. It's a strange convention that's used dozens of times. 

@FlixTake a look at the following part:

"

playQuestSpeech{
tcid=3290,
lokaid="QUEST_1180_KING",
questid=3433
}
setTimer{
id=3433,
interval=3,
count=1
}
end)
quest.setScript(3433,"OnTimer",function(args)
setFixedListener{
position=nil,

}
solveQuest (args.id)
end)

"

There's no timed condition, the sound source is getting sent away immediately upon the OnTimer event's execution.

The example of the properly working code part:

"

setTimer{
id=1663,
count=4,
interval=1,
}
end)
quest.setScript(1663,"OnTimer",function(args)
local seraphim=8433
local Inquisitor=4410
If args.count==4 then
changeCreature{
tcid=seraphim,
effect="FXTYPE_INVALID",
}

"

• Thanks! 1

@Flix Wonder as to why the bb_armorrip_phy bonus type was changed from BONUS_DEBUFF_ARMOR_POTENTIAL to BONUS_DEBUFF_ARMOR.

weaponpool.txt error:

mgr.addWeaponPool { -- NPC_stonearmy_leader
    dbid = 792,
    prefDmg = 1,
    prefDmgProb = 0,
    content = {1567,1569,},
    contentProb = {1,1,1,},
}

creatures.txt error:

"boss_fog_hit" entry is present.

• Thanks! 1

Wonder as to why the bb_armorrip_phy bonus type was changed from BONUS_DEBUFF_ARMOR_POTENTIAL to BONUS_DEBUFF_ARMOR.

It's the vanilla (correct) value.  You might recall, based on some bad advice, CM Patch 1.60 changed a lot of spell bonuses to use the "potential" version, on the mistaken assumption that it would change such bonuses to percentage-based (in fact it was already percentage-based all along).  The unsavory result was that several spells would instead impart upon the enemy the ability to debuff the player instead. This is because that's how the "potential" bonus was designed: generally it's meant to go on gear in order to impart upon the wielder the ability to debuff opponents.

You're the one who figured out the problem and helped us get it straight. Perhaps, that particular entry was missed during the corrections, or you used another method to correct - different bonus tied to the spell token maybe.

37 minutes ago, Flix said:

You're the one who figured out the problem and helped us get it straight.

Well, I've found so many new things, I'm starting to forget the old ones. I've been keeping some mad scribbles for the last 3 years at least)

16 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

On that note, using function 42 with et_debuff_EAW instead of 133 is probably not a good idea.

From what I can tell with the reversion of any "potential" bonuses being attached to spells, this change is no longer necessary. At least, playtesters for PFP confirm that such CA's as Augmenting Guidon and Paralyzing Dread are behaving as expected.

133 was only added to remedy the problem with enemies inappropriately gaining debuffing capability. 

I've noticed in the human area that the 'Robber-Chief Champions' which are equipped with a bow, run towards my char not using it at all and once in close distance switch to a melee weapon and attack.

This doesn't seem right, or is that a general bug with some ranged weapons attack AI?

sacred2_human_champ_bow.jpg

Edited by jwiz
9 hours ago, jwiz said:

This doesn't seem right, or is that a general bug with some ranged weapons attack AI?

That's right. If enemies have a Hard Hit attack, they like to switch to their melee weapon to use it.  Then, since they're already in melee range, they'll just keep using it, making the bow almost pointless.

I can't see a way to tweak the behavior to make it any better, except for removing either the Hard Hit or the melee weapon. I tried making them bow-only in PFP but that got only negative feedback.

I've been keeping track of your other posts too, jwiz. I'll see about releasing a patch sometime in the next month or two to address the text fixes and a few lingering issues.  Luckily I can fix the class-inappropriate modifiers spawning on weapons without re-rolling everyone's jewelry and causing mass riots.