The Related Word Game - 2017!

nature conservation -> Hans Carl von Carlowitz

Nature conservation is important, but not the ultima ratio. With global warming conservating the status quo may result in dying forests. We need long time plans for future forests, more heat resistance trees

More than 300years ago Carlowitz wrote that menkind shouldn't take more from nature than it can recover. He wasn't an early Greta Thunberg,  he was responsible for the tax income of the kingdom. He noticed that by taking too much the short time win was high but the longtime loss was way bigger. He wrote a book about how to optimize longtime wins by carefully planing new forests.

Must be an advantage of monarchies, they think about next generations. DemocraZies try to get as much win as possible while they have the leadership.

The solitary oaks from second last post were lonely trees in grasland to give shadow for caddle or farm hands while in some centuries they may give masts for big sailships. The were protected by old monarchy laws. Nowadays big energy companies buy farmland for biogas and remove these trees to use bigger and bigger machines.

• Like! 1
58 minutes ago, chattius said:

nature conservation -> Hans Carl von Carlowitz

Nature conservation is important, but not the ultima ratio. With global warming conservating the status quo may result in dying forests. We need long time plans for future forests, more heat resistance trees

More than 300years ago Carlowitz wrote that menkind shouldn't take more from nature than it can recover. He wasn't an early Greta Thunberg,  he was responsible for the tax income of the kingdom. He noticed that by taking too much the short time win was high but the longtime loss was way bigger. He wrote a book about how to optimize longtime wins by carefully planing new forests.

Must be an advantage of monarchies, they think about next generations. DemocraZies try to get as much win as possible while they have the leadership.

The solitary oaks from second last post were lonely trees in grasland to give shadow for caddle or farm hands while in some centuries they may give masts for big sailships. The were protected by old monarchy laws. Nowadays big energy companies buy farmland for biogas and remove these trees to use bigger and bigger machines.

One of my favorite articles youve written. Heat resistant forests... I want one! :D What about replanting Chattius... do does your town do it, is it successful?

Hans Carl von Carlowitz  -sustainability

:)

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

One of my favorite articles youve written. Heat resistant forests... I want one! :D What about replanting Chattius... do does your town do it, is it successful?

We have forest owner (communities and private) meetings in the district to coordinate replanting. Two of each district join state meetings. We do not want to place all bets on one horse. In discussion of possible trees are the american black nut, the mediterran Atlas cedar, the spanish chestnut which is in my forest for centuries as a local variant and seems to grow fine.

I did some 24 blacknuts where a trunk collecting place was, next year I replant the next collecting place with chestnuts. The Atlas cedar will be tried by the neighbour forest owner who had wind breakage on hill tops and the cedar likes hills.

I have no long 90 degree forest roads where wind can take on speed. I have mathematical shortest path roads with 60 degrees. Started when we moved to the place. Takes a lot of long time planing - but less ground wasted , smaller holes in the tree canopy. Result is  less water loss in the ground.

sustainability -> Nachhaltigkeit

Dictionary says it is the same, but the german word from Carlowitz contains 'Nach' which allows changes if they are better for next generations. Sustainability is more to keep nature intact as it is, maybe I am wrong, not native english speaker.

super powers => mom :heart:

Mom's all have unsurpassed super powers to make us feel better. We learn this when we are wee children and mom's never lose that magic.

It's called love. :wub:

• Appreciation 1
10 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

super powers => mom :heart:

Mom's all have unsurpassed super powers to make us feel better. We learn this when we are wee children and mom's never lose that magic.

It's called love. :wub:

Shes the first super hero for all of us!

mom -> First

:superman:

gogo

slow-cooked ribs -> Wildschweinrücken  im Heubett

saddle of wild boar prepared slow and low in a bed of fresh hay

marinate(not everyone does this), roast till a light crust, put it on a bed made from hay and heat slowly till the core temperature is 56C

The atherical oils from the hay are slowly absorved by the meat

yummy

• Like! 1

MSFT => LS/MFT

(located on the bottom of a pack of Lucky Strikes, what does this series of letters mean?)

Chocolate Chip Cookies for the first one to answer correctly! :hooyaah:

LS/MFT -> Roth-Händle

Rather the opposite. Very very strong cigarettes, nicknamed Lung torpedo, Death-Händle, red death, ...

6 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

MSFT => LS/MFT

(located on the bottom of a pack of Lucky Strikes, what does this series of letters mean?)

Chocolate Chip Cookies for the first one to answer correctly! :hooyaah:

Spend some years grewing up near an US garnison.

Lucky Strike means fine tobacco

Todhaendle.gif

• zomgod! 1
5 hours ago, chattius said:

LS/MFT -> Roth-Händle

Rather the opposite. Very very strong cigarettes, nicknamed Lung torpedo, Death-Händle, red death, ...

Spend some years grewing up near an US garnison.

Lucky Strike means fine tobacco

Todhaendle.gif

Love that5 warning art btw...and awwww, those cookies sounded good

rothe-handle -> rotheschilde

richest family in the world?

:huh:

gogo

(leaves a batch of fresh, homemade chocolate chip cookies packed inside a hermetically sealed mayonnaise jar on Chattius' front porch) :HbKbJh0:

Rothschild => Quandt:big_boss:

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

(leaves a batch of fresh, homemade chocolate chip cookies packed inside a hermetically sealed mayonnaise jar on Chattius' front porch) :HbKbJh0:

Rothschild => Quandt:big_boss:

Quandt -> Quantum Computer

It it here yet!

:oooo:

gogo

quantum computer -> stonecutter

A second grade cousin took the stonemasonry company of his dad. But instead doing gravestones he makes big marble foundaments for machines which react nasty to vibrations. Often needs overweight trucks to transport them. They are used in our company, in companies for chip production and quantum computers may need them too.

He earns enough money and it doesn't need a trained stonecutter to do the foundaments. So he now repairs statues at cathedrales as an unpaid hobby.

7 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

We have a wood oven in our staircase made from heat storing stones. The warm air circulates inside the staircase and is used this time of the year to do dried chips from apples, pears, quinces, ...

May put some of them in liquid chocolade. You can't always eat healthy.

2944dac46eb8c685440a256eb289a3b8e12986e8

Our most liked cookie is Linzer. We do them with smaller outer radius so we get more fruit taste.

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/linzer-cookies-recipe

6127-3-large.jpg?itok=lkbotW9P

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, chattius said:

quantum computer -> stonecutter

A second grade cousin took the stonemasonry company of his dad. But instead doing gravestones he makes big marble foundaments for machines which react nasty to vibrations. Often needs overweight trucks to transport them. They are used in our company, in companies for chip production and quantum computers may need them too.

He earns enough money and it doesn't need a trained stonecutter to do the foundaments. So he now repairs statues at cathedrales as an unpaid hobby.

We have a wood oven in our staircase made from heat storing stones. The warm air circulates inside the staircase and is used this time of the year to do dried chips from apples, pears, quinces, ...

May put some of them in liquid chocolade. You can't always eat healthy.

2944dac46eb8c685440a256eb289a3b8e12986e8

Our most liked cookie is Linzer. We do them with smaller outer radius so we get more fruit taste.

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/linzer-cookies-recipe

6127-3-large.jpg?itok=lkbotW9P

That's one of my favorite cookie combinations.. approved!

stonecutter -> cathedral

pillars of the earth the novel gave me a quick visit to the world of cathedral building (amongst many other things, the novel was so long) 

:)

gogo