The Related Word Game - 2017!

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Airport crash -> emergency 

😀

gogo

Ah, I get it now. Sorry, my bad, I was stuck with what to come up when Chattius put airport crash as his answer. Silly me thought that part was part of his explaination of the word I had just given and I'm a bit stuck on Emergency right now, the only thing that I can think of is exit. But I haven't had my coffee yet and it is 05:54am for me here in the UK. Though I'm not usually awake at his time in the morning. Would Exit count?

Emergency -> Exit

I have just had my coffee but that senctance does not seem to make sense to me. Don't worry, I'll take a shot at the next word if I have got that one wrong and I hope to have my brain in gear by then. Unfortunately it's stuck in reverse right now. *Lol.*

PS. It's almost 6am. It just turned that just now.

Edited by SheHawk

Long -> Mile.

*Looks genuinely surprised* I honestly thought for one moment that my suggestion of exit to be a terrible answer. I had just had a sip of my coffee before hand and looked at what I had put down and thought, that could not be right. I'm glad that it was okay. I got my brain in the right gear by the way. *Giggles*

Edited by SheHawk
  • Haha 1

bee -> cuckoo

Cuckoo bees are bees which lay their eggs into the nests of other bees. My opinion about them is splitted, for my honeybees they are parasites. But they can fly at colder temperatures than honeybees and so at some springs the fruit trees need them...

• Appreciation 1
5 hours ago, SheHawk said:

Cukoo -> Clock

R.gif.fffd73b4d088d3e6c96ef27f596ce9e8.gif

5 hours ago, chattius said:

bee -> cuckoo

Cuckoo bees are bees which lay their eggs into the nests of other bees. My opinion about them is splitted, for my honeybees they are parasites. But they can fly at colder temperatures than honeybees and so at some springs the fruit trees need them...

I've heard about how cuckoos are nasty things... like those parasitic wasps ?  :eek:

heh, nice image for the cuckoos Shehawk, wow, kapow in da morning

:superman: 

gogo

• Appreciation 1
18 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I've heard about how cuckoos are nasty things... like those parasitic wasps ?  :eek:

heh, nice image for the cuckoos Shehawk, wow, kapow in da morning

:superman: 

gogo

I'm glad that you like the gif. I was trying to find one with an actual cukoobird in it, I found one, but the file size was too big and I was not at all too sure if I were to make the gif (Animated) Smaller in order to reduce the KB size, if the gif would still animate. I forget now the size limit here for images, but I do always try to keep in mind not to use images that are too big in KB size. Anyway I saw this gif and I just simply had to use it. It's way too funny not to share.

Edited by SheHawk

Clock -> ahead

The car in my vehicle, a Nissan NP200, which in South Africa is Classified as a "working half ton bakkie" (bakkie being a word used for WAAAAYYYY to many things, but in this case it refers to a pick up as the Americans call it), anyway, the clock is 45min ahead of time, and every time I set it to the right time it is not even a week and it is back to 5min ahead, so I gave up...

• Like! 1

ahead -> head up display

My bike goes 60m/s on an Autobahn. So you have to look way ahead in advance.

Bought a HUD for driving motorbike, attached to the helmet. The bike has a bluetooth adapter for a smartphone mounted on the tank, nice for tours on country roafs.  But with a display behind the visor there is no need to look down away from the street when the speed and the needed look ahead range needs to be bigger.

Digades-Head-Up-Display-fotoshowBig-de7b

• Appreciation 1

acronym -> Unimog = Universal-Motor-Gerät

Unimog or Fendt GT was the question for small afterwork farmers around 50 years ago. I have a Fendt GT in my tractor barn and two Unimogs (one ex-army. the other way more modern  from a bankrupt company) for nearly daily use, bush cutting along the roads next week.

The Fendt is easier and lighter, more for farm work on small hilly fields. The frontplatform could be removed for some works. Mine is mainly for visits at vintage tractors meetings, or removing horseapples by the twins.

Fendt231.jpg

1856-d0b28-der-weg-zum-erfolg.jpg

Fendt_F12GT_12PS_1958.jpg

• Appreciation 1