Tragedy has struck.

Well it's that old saying of "you never think it will happen to you..." and then it does.

Dear friends. I am overwhelmed with pain and it has put a terrible damper on my holiday spirit. I tried to enjoy christmas but to little avail as my mind was clouded by such a terrible event. I would have posted when it happened but I didn't want you all to worry about me over the holidays. Not only that but the humiliation prevented me as well but now I really need some support...

Well. All that to say, I was rejected in the worst possible way. By the one most important to me. My true love. I honestly can't say why. Everything was going really awesome. Full of great times. A couple bumps in road so to speak but nothing serious at all. Sadly, not a word of warning was givin. Just flat out rejection. That's it.

The only lame reason I got was;

INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR

0x000000a0 (0x00000002, 0x00070125, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Can you believe that?! Ungrateful I tell you!

So ummm, like. My pc is broke! Halp!

At the moment I'm using gogo's cheap trick of a laptop, lol. If you guys don't see me around very much then you can guess that I'm troubleshooting my pc. Ugh! :P

what about a bit more intel :BlobRed: (you know I love intel :o) *sniff* ostat is gone :P

control panel > adminstrative tools > event viewer > system > event 1001/1003 (iam guessing :oooo:) copy the content and paste it back here (and dxdiag)

Well, my expensive videocard said Adios right before christmas eve. And ill probably not get a new one on the varanty for another month .. so no uber gaming during xmas .. nice xmas here too :P

:BlobRed::)

A few questions, if you don't mind . . .

1. What OS are you running?

2. When did this error appear (e.g. on power up, after opening something, out of the blue . . .)?

3. Have you added any software, drivers, or hardware recently?

GL!

I can only imagine that you're feeling much the same as I felt when I woke up last in November to find the message:

Primary Hard Disk 0 Not Found

NTLDR Missing

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to Restart

It was gone and will never come back.

Be strong buddy.

:devil: poor u!

I actually noticed gogo's cheap laptop, but what I noticed more is the smell of :BlobRed: smoke.... :BlobRed:...I do not know whether it was because of the cigars* you've been happily smoking...but hang in there with his cheap laptop :) for now

Thanx for the speedy responses guys! Ahhh, where to begin.... :)

@ Ike: XP Pro. Answers to 2. and 3. are in the rest of post. I think....

@ Ankhanu: Ummm. I think I would cry. lol.

I've been doing tons of error related searches and whatnot and results are narrowing the problem down to an uninstall of windows media player I did last thursday. The WMP uninstall I did took several tries using XP's add/remove tool and was a very strange uninstall to say the least. The night of the uninstall my pc was fine but the next morning, friday, all I could get was the blue error screen telling me it was running a memory dump. I still haven't figured out how to read my dmp files. Seems my XP didn't come with the dumpchk tool needed to read them... Another thing to find on the net.

Oddly enough. Unplugging all USB devices allowed my pc to start ok. I can plug USB stuff in after booting up but which is a great temp solution to allow me to troubleshoot a little easier.

I'm getting a great deal of info on the situation from the control panel > adminstrative tools > event viewer, (Thank-you bhj :BlobRed: ), and it's what directed me to the eventual deletion of a registry key associated to the "uninstalled WMP.

Some time has passed during this post, *sigh*, and now I'm at a point where I can start my pc, get that old DOS-ish looking screen telling me there was a problem booting and asking me what I'd like to do, I choose Normal startup and windows loads up fine. Though it takes much longer than normal.

Now that I've just finished booting up I'll have a look and see what the event viewer is complaining about now. *groan*

All right. I got quite a few network related errors and significant errors related to a WmiApRpl categorized as an application and references wmiaprpl.dll. I did check to see if it was where it should be and it is.

Ok. Really tired now. Thanx for the many suggestions guys. Mucho appriciato. I think I'll save some of this "fun" for tomorrow, haha.

Cheers!

P.s. For the most part it's looking like a mix of DLL and registry key probs resulting from a very VERY naughty XP prog uninstall. Grrrr!

Oh and I'll be sure to add some dxdiag fun to the list tomorrow. Haha! :BlobRed:

Awww Schot :(

Evil bad nasty media player!

:BlobRed::devil::blush:

I hope you can get it sorted out soon....I'll send the boys round to give Bill a good kicking if you like :D

:trans: :BlobRed: :trans:

Oh and have some :):hugs:

Man Schot I feal for you but still I have to say you gave me the biggest scear on the forum since I came to it. The way you wrote this post and the place you posted it man thought your girlfriend dumped you or something :) and it only turned out to be the PC.

Hope you get it fixed fast and in the future dont mass with the media player because if you mass with it it will call its big brother windows :BlobRed:

Guest gogoblender

Man

What a title for a thread...lol, I was pretty terrified fer a sec till I saw who posted it :BlobRed:

And btw...did we figger out the going rate for laptop rental?

:)

gogo

Awww man! That's awful!

Evil Media Player!poke5ri.gif

Hope you don't reach the Hard Disk missing Insert system disk and press enter stage :D

Only problem I've ever had was my handle was invalid one boot-up, and I've had tea-timer.exe stop me shutting down normally once

:)

~Doom

:drool:

Thanx for the support guys. It really means a lot to me. *more sobbing* :)

Well with much digging around and whatnot I've discovered other abnormalities deep inside the belly of my windows. Although they may not be causing any problems now I'm kinda thinking they're probably potential problems just itching to wreak havoc on my system...

I did manage to resolve the initial problem, sort of. The booting up problem was being caused by my keyboard and sound device drivers which seem to be non-existent at the moment and on top of that I can't reinstall them. Windows has decided it doesn't want to do anymore installing. Ever... So. I disabled tha buggers. :D Can't restore to a previous restore point and there's some other prob as well. Can't remember what it was though, lol.

So I'm polishing the big red format button and preparing to vaporize everything. I'm in the process of building my "ark", (external hard drive), so to speak and choosing what gets to stay and what will be left to the great vaporizing format wall of destruction. "You programs come with me. And the rest of you lazy progs. The great wall will have its way with you! *Lazy progs cry out begging and pleading!*

Mwahahaha! Ooops. Ummm. Where was I again? Oh yah... :D

So there you have it. I guess it was about time anyway. Seems I do this about once a year and it's probably about time. Yah. *Convinces himself that this is really a good thing...*

:D

lol Highlander. Yup! :D

Well I'm feeling much better now that my OS and all are being rebuilt. Big time thanx-yous to bhj who held my hand as I very slowly began the process of turning my system into a void of nothingness and then bringing life back into it. Cheers to you mah friend! :drinks:

I gotta say that I'm glad I did now. Though the time and effort of installing everything I had was a huge pain, I'm starting to enjoy the benefits. Everything is so much faster now, especially browsing. Talkin about Zing here. Wow. Not only that but I don't have to think about all those strange files that had popped into my system over time.

So things are looking up and I learned quite a lot in the process too. One of them being that I spent a fair bit of time in my bios and noticed that the USB speed for my system was set to Full Speed which is a max of 12MB/s. I changed it to Hi-Speed which is a max of 480MB/s. Granted most USB devices will never even get to exploit 100MB/s but it's good to have.

Now that I've got my basic stuff installed I'm off to install the toys like Photoshop and whatnot. Yay! There is life after format! :yay:

Formats are so very worth while. I suggest a complete reformat at least once a year for any Windows user. Just make sure you back up your data to an external HDD or something. The difference that it makes on system performance is amazing.

Unfortunately with my HDD replacement, I still seem to be having some hardware issues and my laptop isn't working up to speed still. I really am considering replacing it for something more reliable.

HEY SCHOTS

Hey friend, I can definately feel you're pain ... if u remember I had a complete system failure just a couple of months ago. The memory of being without my 2nd best friend (1st is HUBBY of course) is still a haunting feeling, even now that I am back up and running. Glad u and urs are on the mend...LOL Hubby and I were wondering where u had been hiding out at....

Hope to catch u back in-game soon.

Sending lots of Bandaids, Tylenol, and COFFEE :4rofl: from OKLAHOMA to U

Catch ya later

Angel aka Raevenn Moonstarre