The Borg's Sunday BBQ

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Borg. I tried this link out...

Out side of that life doesnt get much better ~ well then there is my fav BBQ-ing check this out and eat your heart out gogo

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t71/reg...ewagain0011.jpg

...and got a photo of somebody else's feet in my sandals.

Mind you they did look good enough to eat, rare and flamed with a good sauce.

PS Where do you get those fantastic little cartoons. They your own work?

Edited by Bondbug

Bondbug the little cartoons come from using Firefox as a browser, its an add on mf.gif but don't tell gogo he is all ready trying to steal my cooking recipes

Well its getting hot down here in the islands 28_1_11.gifso the BBQ-ing is a little less so when I bbq I fire up one one of them and then stand behind the stormdoor in my air conditioning and watch it cook But this weekend its Beef Wellington cooked Gasp ! inside. Wonder if gogo will show up? f080.gifMight have to buy Molson's *lol*trink40.gif

Edited by Borg
I'm here!

lol, and beef wellington sounds great...got pics?

:woot:

gogo

The picture is ho hum but the dinner was great. mashed potato's, peas/mushrooms/garlic and beef wellington potatoes and wellington all covered with a portabello mushroom and red wine based sauce you could cut the beef wellington with a fork. This is dedicated to gogoblender who's name comes from an ancient meaning " he who never met food he didn't like"

gogo.jpg

Well by popular demand I have dug out of the secret borg vaults the very secret borg dry rub recipe ohnoes.gif don't tell anyone. It works great on ribs the best but almost equally as well on any other meat or fowl. And you can make a huge batch and store it for using in the future. But the longer it stores the hotter it gets.

1/4 cup paprika ( smoked paprika is even better)

1& 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper

1 & 1/2 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar

1 tablespoon salt

1 & 1/2 teaspoon celery salt

1 & 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1 & 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1 & 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

1 & 1/2 ground cummin

Mix all ingredients well and sprinkle lightly over the meat bbq'ing brings out the best flavor and enjoy

The longer it sits the stronger the flavor I have done over night on ribs and as little as 3 hours on chicken both came out great

Edited by Borg

:gun2: Oh this sounds awesome, Thank you!! :hugs:

Ill have to do a bit of shopping for a few of the spices, but I'm definitely going to try this out this weekend! !!

wow...all this talk of ribs...I wish I had a balcony or a little piece of grass.

:gun2:

gogo

p.s. Ari, if you make it pic it, let's see how this turns out! oooh, so THIS is the secret recipe that's gonna give Montreal Spice a run fer the money huh... wow...lol, I never even knew that those mixes had so much in it in the first place :lol:

p.s.s. Borg, you're a true gent for the pix... Thank you...gotta say...drool factor force times ten . :hugs:

secret recipe! I'm tempted to scribble it down and magically make it disappear.

*devil voice* Its mine! Itsssssssssssssss mine! :hugs:

Awwww What a beauty!! Just wanna rub da bewwy! Na No worries, Looks just too small! :Just_Cuz_21:

hehehe

Oh Yum,

I made up the rub last night and put it on boneless chicken breast, Very tasty though I think I didn't put enough on mine.. Needs more kick LOL. I put it on my sons very lightly, so he could get used to the flavor :sigh:

Picture112.jpg

Oh And I did take pics of the bbq chicken from the 4th of July!

Picture110.jpg

Edited by Ari'Laftia

The rub looks awesome (love that word...rub :sigh:) How's it taste Ari...mild, punchy...?

:(

gogo

p.s. hey...is that mash? Hello le creamy mash...howja pull that off...I smell butter...tons of it :Just_Cuz_21:

I think its rub.. Not sure :P I actually Sprinkled it on versus physically Rubbing it in mercilessly~! :4rofl:

It was actually quite mild, Im not sure if I did it right or added enough. Brilliant me didn't have pre-ground black pepper.. so had to grind by hand the 1 1/2 tablespoons of black pepper! LOL) Hands were a bit sore! hahaha

Im going to make another batch of chicken on Wednesday so Ill double it on that one :)

Yup Lots of Mash! heheh My son actually can get enough of it!

Its my secret though, I think if I shared it.. many true cooks here would flog me!... :4rofl:

lmao!

Well ya.. :4rofl:

My hands kinda suck so I cant beat the real potatoes into submission on a frequent basis But I do make up potato pancakes from time to time and do them from the real thing! :4rofl:

Edited by Ari'Laftia

I confess...I confesss! :P

I know I'm not supposed to...but I give in from time to time...oh okay almost all the time now :4rofl: and pad in the extra butter.

Creamy mash...ahhhhhhh

My parents never made it growing up so I'm addicted to it now.

:4rofl:

gogo