The Borg's Sunday BBQ

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, you shoulda heard the world's biggest Tummy Rumble when I saw the pic of that bbq. It's only a super cold day here in montreal and I have to look at that aswoon in all me jealousy...

Nicely done man.

..I'll let the drool factor be my vote in borg's first own entry into the D.a.r.k. kitchen.

Where's the Beef!

It's right here

:blink:

gogo

p.s. so how much of that does the lucky dog get?

I have a feelin he's spoiled a LOT :blink:

Thanks I am humbled with the response thought I was just posting more "stuff" *lol* That is a very basic meal guess I will have to post others. Oh and I use two BBQ's one is charcoal the other is brickets and electric. Depends on what I am cooking as to which I use

mmmmm? Guess I will have to invite some of you all down to eat!

And the Yamnick the doggy doesnt get human food. ( well there are times he steals some) http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t71/reg...cooking0006.jpg

Edited by Borg

We are all coming over hehehe hope you have lots of that there yummy food in Borg :wow: Imperia makes us all hungry :4rofl:

Excellent pics...whats on the BBQ for this weekend?

We are all coming over hehehe hope you have lots of that there yummy food in Borg :) Imperia makes us all hungry :Just_Cuz_21:

Excellent pics...whats on the BBQ for this weekend?

Well this one is a bit different I will take a cabbage and hollow out the inside. Then add some sausage,casing's removed. And green pepper, onion and garlick mixture inside. And cook it over the BBQ that uses charcoal. It gives a great flavor to the cabbage. ( and again not to over do a subject - goes GREAT with beer)10.gif

Before I forget I wanted to add this bbq "experience" to the thread.

I bbq'd something called beer can chicken. Some of you may have heard of it . For those that havend it goes like this. You take a chicken and open a beer can and pour out ( read that as drink) 1/2 of the can. Then you take the can and shove it into the chicken. You guess where! Then setting the chicken, beer can insertied upright on the grill so it looks like the chicken is standing up right. The beer as it heats up sends the flavor and moistness into the chicken. When done its delicious. HOWEVER dont do what I did the first time. I bought a can of Fosters beer which is twice the size of our normal cans here in the states. Shoved into the small chicken. So it didnt go up all the way. But anyway I proceeded to cook the bird. The bird almost touching the bbq grate the can sitting on the grate. And if you do this be prepared for the show. Seems it got to a point where the chicken really starts cooking and started moving to the left and right. So ~ you guessed it we had dancing chicken on the BBQ chicken01.gif

Edited by Borg
  • 2 weeks later...

They don't need a partner they dance quite well by them selfs gogo *lol*

Actually that give's me an idea. Maybe I will cook two at once next time and film the dance !

Gee's I have a sick mindchicken01.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Well its been to long since I have added to this. But I have just bought a George Forman grill. I don't know if you all out side of the states have them I suspect you do but I LOVE IT. What a great way to cook. How ever I learned it cooks twice as fast. Nothing quite as much fun as walking into your kitchen where you have a toasted cheese sandwich on this machine only to see the cheese running down the grill into the grease drip tray like molten lava from a volcano d030.gif

Don't the ridge thingies make it undesirable to use for grilling sandwiches? I used to have one and loved it for things like steaks and chicken breasts, but never tried sandwiches because of the ridges. I'd use it a lot more if I could use it for sandwiches (I'm forever questing for something like that that has multiple plates so I can use it for grilling, waffles, and nice flat sandwiches), maybe I should think about getting one again?

My Mom gave me hers hehe and I love a big fat toasted butty especially as the grill in my oven is one of those vile integral ones so smokes like mad....if you've still got yours Carolyn give it a try :D

Mr Foreman gave me back my cheesey sandwiches lol

They work fine for sandwiches you just have to learn like I did that they cook twice as fast. Now I don't know which one you have but the one I got has both the top and bottom as burners and they are removable for cleaning ( very nice) I just did this all on the grill 1 a hamburger ( after that was done I set the meat aside and put a slice of cheese on it that melted 2. a slice of sweet onion 3. a portabella mushroom 4. then the buns. It was all so great if I wasnt so old I would open a restaurant manger.gif

Out side of that life doesnt get much better ~ well then there is my fav BBQ-ing check this out and eat your heart out gogo

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t71/reg...ewagain0011.jpg

Edited by Borg

hahah, those appliances always remind me of infomercials. But the funny thing is that so many peeps that get em swear by em! I'm starved right now and this talk of melted cheese, and grilled sandwiches is makin me tummy rumble.

Don't those things do great Panninis as well?

For a while here in montreal they were the biggest thing. Still are as a matter of fact. I've seen the coolest fillings on the best breads. Cheeses, prosciutto...

My favorite one was filled with green apple slices and Brie!

:3lmao:

gogo

p.s. btw, borg, that pic...all that sun and the feet up with a beer...

hate you

:o

those appliances remind me of rain... ALWAYS, and I mean everytime I tried to bbq anywhere outside, rain follows. :mad:

I have mostly given up any further attempt, I will just join you Borg and have a virtual steak instead. :ninja:

gogo

p.s. btw, borg, that pic...all that sun and the feet up with a beer...

hate you

:whistle:

[/color]

Ahh then my job here is done *lol*

Myles you should join me down here in the islands you wouldnt have to worry about rain or virtual steak it could be a real one *lol* we could sit back on the porch, me bbq'ing my wife bringing beers and we could raise a bottle in salute to Gogo